It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

Trump really seems to be behaving as though being called out was no big deal and didn't dispute his mistake...He handled himself nice and calmly, while reminding us/himself of his accomplishment as being great...
From what I gather that another poster pointed out, this is small stuff to distract us from possible Important things...that may be going on or that Trump is working on.
304/306..meh
I see in the video, The reporter asking Trump about an inacurate statement, but when was that inaccurate statement made...and how significant can it be at this point...?
I will wait to see if there are any huge lies that make a significant difference in the world...
Thanks for putting the clip up.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
originally posted by: peppycat

Actually he blamed someone else for his lying about it.

I never said it was a big deal just found it amazing how brazenly he can lie and if he can lie like that about the small things, what about the big things?
edit on 16-2-2017 by cantthinkofausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Trump really seems to be behaving as though being called out was no big deal and didn't dispute his mistake...He handled himself nice and calmly, while reminding us/himself of his accomplishment as being great...
From what I gather that another poster pointed out, this is small stuff to distract us from possible Important things...that may be going on or that Trump is working on.
304/306..meh
I see in the video, The reporter asking Trump about an inacurate statement, but when was that inaccurate statement made...and how significant can it be at this point...?
I will wait to see if there are any huge lies that make a significant difference in the world...
Thanks for putting the clip up.

It seems people are still getting used to real speech, complete with mistakes, or ad-libs, and tangents, as opposed to the robotic and public relations-style delivery of lawyers and politicians that many are inured to. It's refreshing.
edit on 16-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername
originally posted by: peppycat

Actually he blamed someone else for his lying about it.

I never said it was a big deal just found it amazing how brazenly he can lie and if he can lie like that about the small things, what about the big things?
I t is clear so far that he likes to promote himself, by whatever means (blaming some one else) through his speaking and he needs to do great things in order for us to really know how "great" he is or is going to make America, instead of just pointing out his opinion of himself...
we have yet to see if his mistakes/lies...what not, will be big or small, IMO...i personally will try my darndest to follow!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Don grew up in a fantasy world where he got whatever he wanted bc...money.

He could lie, commit crimes and have other people get him out of it. He was surrounded by people who let him engage in these lies and bad behavior and not only turned a blind eye, but also supported him.

Now he is our president...he is not surrounded by JUST his people anymore, his circle got much bigger (ie..the whole US and most of the rest of the world) and more than half of us are not going to engage with his lies and bad behavior. He can control his sheeple, but he cannot control all of us. He will be called out every step of the way.

It may take some time for him to realize this, if he over does.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

yes, one reason Trump as president, catches my attention since before Obama...i do appreciate that he is not so robotic.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: peppycat

It seems people are still getting used to real speech, complete with mistakes, or ad-libs, and tangents, as opposed to the robotic and public relations-style delivery of lawyers and politicians that many are inured to. It's refreshing.

Actually a mistake, ad lib or tangent is different than outright lies.

When you make a mistake, ad lib or lose your train of thought you attempt to fix it. Whereas Trump repeats those "mistakes" over and over even after being told he was wrong. Therefor that makes them outright BS.

edit on 16-2-2017 by cantthinkofausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Exactly...so if I was wrong...what is the big deal with Trump? He makes a comment about a win and if off by a presidential election and suddenly everything he says is a lie?

Was he lying when he said Flynn did nothing wrong? That to me is more important than electoral college votes.
edit on 02pm28pmf0000002017-02-16T14:25:11-06:000211 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Great. People got hurt because of the triggered hash tag and they want to be brave and tuff by saying they're not triggered! Trump is! Or his supporters are because sarc we all think in unison and are (gasp) triggered!! The butthurt is so stupid it's enraging.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Exactly...so if I was wrong...what is the big deal with Trump? He makes a comment about a win and if off by a presidential election and suddenly everything he says is a lie?

Was he lying when he said Flynn did nothing wrong? That to me is more important than electoral college votes.

First never said it was a big deal and again, I just find it crazy how he can lie so blantantly.

Second, since you're basically no one, your lies are not held up to scrutiny unlike the leader of the free world.

Third if he can brazenly lie about the small things, imagine the lies about the big things.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
Great. People got hurt because of the triggered hash tag and they want to be brave and tuff by saying they're not triggered! Trump is! Or his supporters are because sarc we all think in unison and are (gasp) triggered!! The butthurt is so stupid it's enraging.

Umm shh..your sounding triggered..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

When you make a mistake, ad lib or lose your train of thought you attempt to fix it. Whereas Trump repeats those "mistakes" over and over even after being told he was wrong. Therefor that makes them outright BS.

Focusing on one point while avoiding all the rest is also outright BS. It's called cherry-picking.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the truth. Huh.

link   

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness

Well I'm not a doctor but if you google early onset dementia you may find answers.

#seriousnotserious

Or he's doing what he wants and you just thought of a weaksauce veiled insult because #(you guessed it)

triggered.

link   
From the Pres's first conference

“I open the paper and I see stories of chaos, chaos,” Trump scolded reporters. “It’s the exact opposite. This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine, despite not being able to get my cabinet approved.”

Perhaps he's being economical with the truth !

He argued that there had been “incredible progress” over the past four weeks. “I don’t think there’s ever been a president elected who in this short period of time has done what we have done.”

Well, yeah, i'll begrudgingly give him that one.

I can't, for the life of me, remember any other administration where people were out on the streets, protesting within the first three weeks of the investiture.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

First, if it is not a big deal why bring it up?

Second, I'm no one? Oh no....my wittle feelings are hurt. Don't imagine. Listen. That is the problem. People like yourself 'imagine' the things that could happen and take bits and pieces from who you choose to listen to and create an alternate reality where people like myself simply listen and move on. A lie is a lie no matter who you are. I mean, basically you are saying since you are not POTUS you can also like whenever and it means nothing.

Third, Like your self portrait in your avatar by the way....small hands and everything.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I get triggered by people being triggered

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Focusing on one point while avoiding all the rest is also outright BS. It's called cherry-picking.

No cherry picking.

I provided a list of verifiable lies and here it is again.

All False statements involving Donald Trump
There are seven pages full of verifiable lies.

All False statements involving Barack Obama
Four pages of Obama over eight years and Trump has almost doubled that in such a short time.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Still sounding triggered..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I'm not a democrat or liberal or whatever group you chose to berate.
By the way your hashtag is clearly in the wrong place.

#SocialMediaIsHard

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join