It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think Trump had the most states won since Reagan. Some states have few people so they do not have the number of votes. I do not know if he did this, but I am guessing this may be what he means. He just isn't saying it correctly.

Nah, I just Googled this. Apparently in 1984, Reagan won FORTY NINE states. That must have been insane to watch! Trump definitely didn't out win him in states.

I said since Reagan. in my post. I remember Reagan winning the election, I watched a lot of elections over the years. I liked Kennedy's too, that is the first one I remember watching with my parents when I was a kid.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

OMG...I made a mistake...should you impeach me now?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

I think Trump had the most states won since Reagan. Some states have few people so they do not have the number of votes. I do not know if he did this, but I am guessing this may be what he means. He just isn't saying it correctly.

Nah, I just Googled this. Apparently in 1984, Reagan won FORTY NINE states. That must have been insane to watch! Trump definitely didn't out win him in states.

I said since Reagan. in my post. I remember Reagan winning the election, I watched a lot of elections over the years. I liked Kennedy's too, that is the first one I remember watching with my parents when I was a kid.

I was too young in 1984 to understand. It must have been neat to watch such a sweep. The elections I've watched have never happened like that. I can't imagine living in a world where nearly everyone was on the same page like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Here is the video all 41 seconds..since you don't have the time.

‘Why should Americans trust you?’ NBC reporter confronts Trump over his credibility

After Trump called on him to ask a question, NBC News correspondent Peter Alexander pointed out that Trump made an inaccurate statement in boasting that his electoral college margin was larger than any president since Ronald Reagan, before proceeding to name several presidents who had larger victory margins than Trump since Reagan.

Most notably, Trump said he won 306 electoral college votes, when in fact he only won 304. “Why should Americans trust you when you accuse the information they receive as being fake when you’re providing information that’s fake?” Alexander asked. “I don’t know. I was given that information,” Trump said.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No you were just wrong, not a big deal..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername

Here is the video all 41 seconds..since you don't have the time.

‘Why should Americans trust you?’ NBC reporter confronts Trump over his credibility

After Trump called on him to ask a question, NBC News correspondent Peter Alexander pointed out that Trump made an inaccurate statement in boasting that his electoral college margin was larger than any president since Ronald Reagan, before proceeding to name several presidents who had larger victory margins than Trump since Reagan.

Most notably, Trump said he won 306 electoral college votes, when in fact he only won 304. “Why should Americans trust you when you accuse the information they receive as being fake when you’re providing information that’s fake?” Alexander asked. “I don’t know. I was given that information,” Trump said.

The press conference was 77 minutes - of course I don't have time to re-watch it. The OP is responsible for their own threads. That's how it works here.

And that's still NOT a video of TRUMP saying what you claim. It's a reporter asking a disjointed question and the video cuts out over half the words. Once again, where is the video of what you claim happened. I'm happy to jump on Trump Lied Again bandwagon as soon as I see the lie.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I thought it was amusing when he said "I can take bad press. Nobody can take bad press better than me".

That may be the biggest whopper of all. He wants people to love him so much. It's kind of sad really.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think Trump had ADHD as a kid, and that has evolved into OCD as an adult.

He officially 'left' school at 13, then went to the NYMA

where he finished eighth grade and high school.
Trump was an energetic child; his parents hoped that the discipline at the military school would allow him to channel his energy in a positive manner.

In 1983, Fred Trump told an interviewer that Donald "was a pretty rough fellow when he was small".[19]

Link

Don't forget, this was in the early sixties were ADHD wasn't recognised.
'Troublesome, rowdy kids' were just seen as that... full of energy, but 'troublesome', and no more.

I thnk that he threw himself into studies, the family business and the energy needed for that, managed to mask his underlying issues.

As he has gotten older, well, things are a bit harder to hide; even more so now.

OCD

Signs and symptoms

The DSM-5—the fifth edition of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders—defines diagnostic criteria of oppositional defiant disorder:

A. A pattern of angry/irritable mood, argumentative/defiant behavior, or vindictiveness lasting at least 6 months as evidenced by at least four symptoms from any of the following categories, and exhibited during interaction with at least one individual who is not a sibling.

Angry/Irritable Mood
1. Often loses temper.
2. Is often touchy or easily annoyed.
3. Is often angry and resentful.

Argumentative/Defiant Behavior
4. Often argues with authority figures or for children and adolescents with adults.
5. Often actively defies or refuses to comply with requests from authority figures or with rules.
6. Often deliberately annoys others.
7. Often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior.

Vindictiveness
8. Has been spiteful or vindictive at least twice within the past 6 months.

edit on 16/2/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump is great at this....

"Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Triggered"

Umm no one is triggered..lol I just find it amazing that someone lies so brazenly.

LOL

Good way to overlook the real issues.

Keep up the good work !!

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

And that has anything to do with what the original poster was saying, how?

Get your mind out of the political gutter or you'll slowly end up losing your mind to stupidity.

edit on 16-2-2017 by RightInThere because: grammuh

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Frustrating when you can't do anything about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Video is there of him claiming it was the biggest since Reagan. A lie.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Not really, just find it crazy how he can lie so much without blinking an eye.

I know you tring to get a rise out of me but sorry that will not work..LOL

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If he was in the old folks home i would find this amusing.

you know, "Keep your nurses close keep your pharmacist closer"
Seriously tho I'm not sure he means to lie, maybe he loses track and then opens his mouth and the lies come out.
Early Onset Dementia (its a thing)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He likes to troll people.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Keep up with those excuses.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Except from the above list George H.W. Bush kicked his butt! Lol

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Key was he took states that have voted Democrat for decades I think that's his point.. problem is no easy way to say that without a drawn out explination

link   

Ya you're probably right, I mean its not like his lies are bigger or more important than anyone else.....wait a minute I just realized we are talking about
THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF FREAKIN AMERICA

Meh, no biggie

#allliesmatter
edit on PMThursday16America/Chicago2V2017021628 by ThoughtIsMadness because: formatting

link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Keep up with those excuses.

very original

congratulations

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join