It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

Well, as long as he can keep people obsessing over his ridiculous but ultimately unimportant exaggerations, he might get away with the more important stuff.

A lot of people seem to know more about his claims about the size of his victory and hands, and about his weather observations than about what he is actually doing.

These headlines drown out the more serious ones, and these stories keep the Trump vs Hilley narrative going (e.g. "Hillary's lies about Benghazi are bigger"), and that is a huge part of what made him winn - being not-Hillary.

Honestly, I think that Trump overall wins on his easily debunkable claims.

link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
He has had his 90 days and I would expected him to settle in by now.

LOL, in a thread about making things up no less.
Please, present your math for all to see so you can make me look stupid.
(BTW It's February 16th today)

link   

He clarified he meant GOP win...yeah...real big lie....

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Where did Trump say this? I just watched the press conference and he never said this. Your OP does not provide a video of him saying it. Please link.

Edit: and also please provide the time on the video where it's said so I don't have to watch the whole video listening for a specific sentence.
edit on 2/16/17 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

link   
Because he's a salesman and a bull# artist, it's what he does.

link   

Most humans lie on a regular basis. The lawyers you prefer to have in office only do it better.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Why is everyone picking on trump, hes such a nice guy, not like that Kenyan muslim ebola spreader obama, am i doing it right.

edit on 16-2-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Well, as long as he can keep people obsessing over his ridiculous but ultimately unimportant exaggerations, he might get away with the more important stuff.

A lot of people seem to know more about his claims about the size of his victory and hands, and about his weather observations than about what he is actually doing.

These headlines drown out the more serious ones, and these stories keep the Trump vs Hilley narrative going (e.g. "Hillary's lies about Benghazi are bigger"), and that is a huge part of what made him winn - being not-Hillary.

Honestly, I think that Trump overall wins on his easily debunkable claims.

Thanks for that, i almost forgot what politicians are good at!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I've also reviewed the Fox Live Blog of the conference and still cannot find a source of him saying this. Anyone on this thread is welcome to provide a link (and time) of a video of Trump saying what the OP is claiming he said.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump is great at this....

"Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Triggered"

Umm no one is triggered..lol I just find it amazing that someone lies so brazenly.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Because he's a salesman and a bull# artist, it's what he does.

Even now his supporters feel the con job he pulled on them but just can't admit it.

Trump was fine with the script but went totally goofy speaking extemporaneously.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Why is everyone picking on trump, hes such a nice guy, not like that Kenyan muslim ebola spreader obama, am i doing it right.

I can't really blame them at this point. When you have so much vested interest in an icon and have put so much energy into mentally ignoring faults and amplifying anything slightly positive... it requires more evidence to disenchant yourself with it all.

This is why I try to be patient with friends who have backed him (some not even knowing ACA is Obamacare, etc). It's because I know it's going to really suck hard for them pretty soon when they have to realize what has happened. And I can relate. They need things to change (like most of us do) and thought he was the only way to really rip that bandaid off. He did but then he rubbed salt into the wound right afterwards and then put on an even bigger bandaid.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think Trump had the most states won since Reagan. Some states have few people so they do not have the number of votes. I do not know if he did this, but I am guessing this may be what he means. He just isn't saying it correctly.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't know.

Why did Obama?

Why does only one of those bother you?

Not even close, Yes he did lie. Trump is very different in that he constantly lies on a daily basis and so brazenly.

All False statements involving Donald Trump
There are seven pages full of verifiable lies.

All False statements involving Barack Obama
Four pages of Obama over eight years and Trump has almost doubled that in such a short time.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I'm trying to find the reference as well. A search through the transcript shows that the only reference to the Electoral College is Trump saying he got 306 votes. That's also the only use of the word vote. And Reagan doesn't show up anywhere in the entire thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think Trump had the most states won since Reagan. Some states have few people so they do not have the number of votes. I do not know if he did this, but I am guessing this may be what he means. He just isn't saying it correctly.

Nah, I just Googled this. Apparently in 1984, Reagan won FORTY NINE states. That must have been insane to watch! Trump definitely didn't out win him in states.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Ameilia

I'm trying to find the reference as well. A search through the transcript shows that the only reference to the Electoral College is Trump saying he got 306 votes. That's also the only use of the word vote. And Reagan doesn't show up anywhere in the entire thing.

My research agrees. If someone doesn't provide a source of Trump saying what is claimed, I'm going to report this thread as a Hoax. Seriously. Someone here provide a freaking source, otherwise this thread is a BS waste of time and Hoax.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Where did Trump say this? I just watched the press conference and he never said this. Your OP does not provide a video of him saying it. Please link.

Edit: and also please provide the time on the video where it's said so I don't have to watch the whole video listening for a specific sentence.

I didn't remember him saying that either, but just assumed he did because someone mentioned it. If he did say it, I wasn't paying attention. Lately a lot of people have been saying things that don't even happen, I should be questioning if it is even real.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

He clarified he meant GOP win...yeah...real big lie....

And that is even a lie..LOL

1988 George H.W. Bush 426

2016 Donald Trump 304

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Because most Americans are stupid as hell. Look who we have as leaders, sen Waters, Obama, sen Schumer, sen Ect ect ect....... look at our colleges,, our TV programs. I'm sorry, I'm a proud American and love this land, but most oh the people are just lemmings. How can anyone with a straight face defend Chicago or Detroit?? Oh and we have some stars on the republican side also, Sen Graham, Bush, ect, ect, ect.....I'm going to lay down for awhile, depressing

Obama with a straight face defended Chicago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join