It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
Why is Trump required to be more honest than public school textbooks which teach your children that they are here as the result of the Big Bang and that you and your children evolved from chimpanzees?

Putting aside the issue that none of that is accurate......

hes the President of the United States......

Thats why.......

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Miracula2
Why is Trump required to be more honest than public school textbooks which teach your children that they are here as the result of the Big Bang and that you and your children evolved from chimpanzees?

Say what again? (Facepalm) Humans did not evolve from chimps. We share a common ancestor with the great apes.

False.

The Bible says we are created. Therefore we did not evolve from any creature. Period. End of sentence.

Is the Bible true, at least in part. Well, someone asked me to speculate what the image of the beast might be in the Bible on this forum a couple years ago. I said it might be illegal content on the web.....abuse. Within two weeks a meteor hit Chelyabinsk and took out thousands of windows. Microsofts main operating system is called....

Windows.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
He is gaslighting the whole country.
Only explanation.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2
The bible also says that pi = 3, that we shouldn't eat pork or shellfish and that Solomon was the mighty king of a huge kingdom - that archaeologists say was actually very small. So no, I don't believe the bible as it's just a religious manuscript written by a people trying to explain the universe around them.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
My friends,

There is a big difference between a lie and a misstatement. Perhaps you all should familiarize yourself with the two, and look at this from a neutral perspective.

Why would Trump lie about such a thing? It wouldn't benefit him in any way. Especially since it could be fact checked and it would only make him look bad when shown to be wrong.

So that leads one to believe what Trump said was a misstatement. Should we be concerned with misstatements? No.

humanevents.com...

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Again yesterday Donald claimed a terror attack happened in Sweden, that didn't happen, to excuse his own policy making.

Donald is lying to our faces to enact his schemes.

Trump is a dictator doing this type of thing, but he still has massive support here.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

You are SO wrong and this is why: A misstatement is getting some facts wrong, making a statement on those facts, being shown that the facts you had were incorrect, and retracting your misstatement as a 'woops, sorry'. That's NOT what Trump does. He makes a factually incorrect statement, is shown that his 'facts' are wrong, and then continues to make the same incorrect statement over and over --- despite incontrovertible proof to the contrary. That is a lie --- a attempt to convince someone of something that is untrue. And why? Because he is a narcissist and needs constant affirmation of his greatness. He is psychologically dependent on that. Why do you think he wallows in positive polls and articles, keeps telling people how 'great' he is and attacks anyone that challenges his awesomeness? Wake up.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

This is how childish and illiterate Trump supporters are.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: odzeandennz

Very original line.

He later stated he was given that information, and that he was talking about Republicans

That's called "backtracking" and "covering his ass".

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername
Trump Just Told A Huge Lie About His Election Win

During today’s press conference, Donald Trump again claimed that he received the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan. He is obsessed with his supposed massive victory and massive inaugural crowds, despite the fact that these have been repeatedly debunked. We are going to give one final fact check to set the record straight once and for all

Here are the total number of electoral college votes received by the winner of every single presidential election since Reagan’s first presidential win in 1980:

1980 Ronald Reagan 489

1984 Ronald Reagan 525

1988 George H.W. Bush 426

1992 Bill Clinton 370

1996 Bill Clinton 379

2000 George W. Bush 271

2004 George W. Bush 286

2008 Barack Obama 365

2012 Barack Obama 332

2016 Donald Trump 304

Trump also lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton by 3 million votes, a historically unprecedented margin.

Can someone explain to me what is going through this mans head? Why does he constantly lie about his popularity, his win and why does he make things up to justify why he is so unpopular amongst Americans?

Is he delusional, a habitual liar or just plain crazy?

You are overthinking this. He is an egotist and that's it. Anyone who has a FB or Twitter who uses social media as a means to bolster themselves in the public view shares identical psychological qualities. Trump is not delusional, crazy, in denial, or even a bad person. He just likes to elaborate and make things sound better because in his view things are better. I would take minor hyperbole all day compared to the previous 8 year apology tour and self deprecation we experienced on a weekly basis with Obama. I grew weary from being lectured on a consistent basis how bad our country is.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

But...he is lying as well as being blantantly egotistical and...the president of the united states!

The president of the united states should not lie or be blatantly egotistical.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity
No he shouldn't
But he does

What to do ?

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

well, for one...do not normalize it...call him out on every single lie he mutters.

Demand a president that can handle criticisms and is not blatantly egotistical.

If trump can be this president...great, if not...point out his faults at every turn.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
IMO, here is what is actually going on...

The liberal agenda (as we know it) is the real agenda and Trump and the Republicans (and pretty much everyone else on the official payroll) is/are deliberately self-sabotaging.

Now, the question is why? The answer (I think) is relatively simple. By self-sabotaging, the are taking all of the left's political adversaries and essentially putting us all in the crazy basket in the eyes of anyone who is sane.

That's to say that if you can see that Trump is purposely just flat out lying about things that are completely obvious, you cannot (in good conscience) go along with it. You'd have to call it what it is (or appears to be). Crazy.

So now you have people who voted for Trump because he was the only viable candidate who wasn't a self-identified liberal. And many of those people didn't even believe half the things Trump was saying. Ever. They voted for him because they wanted their side to win the election.

Simple enough, right? If you're a conservative (or anything other than a complete liberal) you have no real choice. You must vote for the candidate who has the most chance of winning for your team. So they voted for Trump whether they liked it or not. They voted for him despite the fact that he sounded crazy and often sounded like a complete idiot.

And now where are we? The left couldn't be happier. And why is that? Because they have the ultimate boogieman for their base. They never have to prove that he's crazy because it's just obvious. They never have to prove that he's lying because it's obvious. They accuse him of something obvious like having fewer people at his rallies or something stupid like that and he completely denies it. Now you would have to say that either he's crazy or he's doing everything he can to make the people who voted for him look stupid, crazy and just plain bad.

And here's the thing. It doesn't even matter how many people attended his inauguration. The man won the election and that's all that matters. Everybody seems to know that but Trump and a few select people who make a lot of noise about it. There could have been a thousand people there and it still wouldn't change the fact that he won the election by the book.

So he purposely let the left make a fool out of him on just that one issue alone (and obviously, there have been many other things just so far). The liberal base is orgasmic with this guy. They could not ask for a more impotent opponent with which to promote their "noble" agenda.

At this point, we would have been better off if almost any other Republican had won this election. But if my theory is true, the Republicans did this on purpose because there really is only one party in this country.

Maybe that sounds crazy but it can't possibly sound any crazier than anything else we've heard over the past few months. I've been saying this for years. Something is really messed up in this country. Only now it's so obvious it can't even be debated.
edit on 21-2-2017 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Not knocking you

People voted for a 'too good to be true' premise

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

so the lie about melania graduating college is just hyperbole?

or, when he disguised himself as "john barron" to brag to the press - hyperbole? LOL

he's a narcissistic idiot plain and simple. those of you trying to deny this look foolish.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Not knocking you

People voted for a 'too good to be true' premise

Yeah. "Universal healthcare" that doesn't force you to do as they say. I wonder why Trump can't get away with telling whoppers like that? He can't even get away with lying about the size of a crowd without the media immediately jumping on it and crying out "OMG! This is the absolute worst thing that's ever happened!"

Meanwhile, Obama was against the individual mandate before he was so for it that he went all the way to the Supreme Court to defend his whiplash change on it. Apparently, taxes and penalties have always been the same thing and we just didn't know it until they needed to force us to buy something and "tax" us as punishment if we refused.

We have heard lots from the media about Obamacare but very little about the massive lie at the very heart of this law. And the left clings to this piece of garbage law still to this day. And they absolutely never have to explain the disparity between what Obama promised and what he actually did. Never comes up. And if you bring it up they'll ignore you, change the subject or hit you with a strawman

"You're against Obamacare so you obviously want people dying in the streets!".

No. I'm against a law that I didn't vote for that forces me to buy into a horrendously expensive protection racket for the rest of my life. Especially when the guy whose name is on the law is the same guy who said this wasn't going to happen.

Maybe Trump thinks he can get away with lying because Obama did?

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

This is just another very sad attempt to normalize trumps blatant lies.

Ps. Obama didn't lie, it is only your opinion, it's is fact that trump is lying.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The OP missed the part about how vote totals are disputable or "debatable" in many many instances. Also should have included the spectre of ballot tampering, similar to the problems Hillary and her conspirators can be linked to like Soros machines, results overseas where these folks had a role.

Another thing to consider is the great state of California, if their contribution was excluded, the real popularity aspect of the contest would be obvious.

Neither candidate geared their campaigns toward popular vote totals, just electoral votes. Obviously Trump never visiting California contributed to great losses of the total count.

It just doesn't matter though.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: BrianFlanders

This is just another very sad attempt to normalize trumps blatant lies.

It's funny that you think that but it actually isn't. It's just another very sad attempt to get liberals to acknowledge that Obama made the lying/dishonesty/deceit problem worse. And got away with it. Which also made it a lot worse.

Look. I don't even like Trump. The fact that you have misinterpreted what I said in that post as me defending him just goes to show how some people are locked into this team mentality and can't even try look at things objectively.

This is a conspiracy forum. If you were looking for conspiracies with everything that is going on right now, where would you look? Who benefits from Trump's hijinks? I don't know. Maybe Trump gets a kick out of it. The Republican base certainly isn't going to benefit from it in the long term.

It looks like the left benefits from Trump from where I sit. Is that a coincidence? Maybe. But something sure stinks to high heaven if you ask me.

Ps. Obama didn't lie, it is only your opinion

Oh really? It's only my opinion that Obama was against the individual mandate before he became president? That's news to me because you can find videos of him in debates with Hillary Clinton specifically saying his healthcare plan would not contain an individual mandate. That is a plain fact.

And there were several other big lies associated with Obamacare. I'm focusing on this one because the mandate is the absolute foundation of Obamacare. Without the mandate, Obamacare completely falls apart. Obama went to law school. He's not an idiot. He knew he was lying when he promised there wouldn't be a mandate and that he believed people would buy health insurance voluntarily if it was affordable. This is common sense. It just doesn't work without forcing healthy people to pay in and get nothing out of it. Or I should say that the math just doesn't work unless the pool is taking in more money than it's putting out.

I find it rather incredulous that you would really try to suggest someone who went to law school can't even do basic math. There is no way Obama didn't know what he was promising was impossible. That's not an opinion.

edit on 22-2-2017 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join