It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why does the media lie about things that can easily be verified?

Why does anyone lie?

any form of media gets their money from viewership, if they are caught in a lie...viewership goes down...money goes down...(I have worked in media)

anyways...my point being is that although media will put their spin on it...a bold face lie will only hurt them...even if they want to lie...they cannot lie. If they are caught in a lie...that does NOT mean everything they say is a lie.

If caught in a lie, they can either do what Don says they are doing...fake news all the time or make sure they never lie again...they MUST upkeep their reputation to stay afloat. Lies hurt them.

don throwing tantrums and shouting "fake news" (out of context by the way) is childish and wrong. Anyone who believes him and support him still is just a little trumpiteer that has become part of the idiocracy.

don and his loud mouth iciocracy followers are what is dividing America...Actually, the republicans and democrats agree and come together on the subject of don...the idiocracy is dividing itself out...its easy to spot you guys, you stand out like a miserable sore thumb.

If you suspect you are part of the idiocracy...i recommend that you stop posting utter idiocy and stop following the sheeple. Garner facts...gain respect for yourself and others who hold veracity.

that is all
edit on 17-2-2017 by veracity because: typos

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

You didn't answer the question

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

You didn't answer the question

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

The same reason people post infinite faux outrage threads?

Seriously, how does this affect anything that actually matters?

As if Trump is the first politician to misquote facts...

SMH

Does lying about unemployment rates not matter?

m.youtube.com...

In one sentence he said the unemployment rate was almost a quarter of the country and then almost half the country

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: StookieWilliams

SMH

m.youtube.com...

In one sentence he said the unemployment rate was almost a quarter of the country and then almost half the country

previous administration did it for 8 years. nothing new there

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Why buy milk when everyone thinks you're a dairy farmer?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

First 3 paragraphs were good, then garbage followed.

Trump is hardly having a tantrum, he's simply telling the media straight up what their problems are. This is his character, get over it already. The ones having tantrums are the ones who won't stop bashing him for everything. I live in LA, I'm in downtown right now, everyone has a nasty ass comment to say about him, they're dillusional to begin with, they know nothing about trump and they have everything to say. That's the way this world has always worked. Follow what your told on TV.

And the way you talk is so damn stupid. Sheeple? Ideocracy? Half of this country believes in trump while the other half follows everyone else in hating him. You can call anyway a idiotic sheeple if you change your perspective. That's such an empty stupid comment.

And about being divided. This country has been divided, get over yourself. Trump didn't do it. Obama didn't do it, although he made it undoubtedly worse by victimizing certain communities.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: StookieWilliams

SMH

m.youtube.com...

previous administration did it for 8 years. nothing new there

Does that make it okay to lie - because someone else lied?

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

no doesnt make it right, but im curious why its such a big deal these days when it wasnt for the past few decades? it cracks me up how theres so many people who want to take trump to task but sat on the sidelines content with the lies for the past few decades.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

no doesnt make it right, but im curious why its such a big deal these days when it wasnt for the past few decades? it cracks me up how theres so many people who want to take trump to task but sat on the sidelines content with the lies for the past few decades.

Clinton and Both Bushes were hammered as was Obama by the Conservative Right.

Even now Obama and Hillary are trashed daily on ATS...wtf are you talking about?

Even here on ATS....You've been here a long time; what did you do?

edit on 17-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

WRONG!!!!!!

I've been hanging in political forums for 20 years.

IMO Trump's being treated with "kid gloves" because no one really knows what he's really doing. Nor does he.

IMO many are still waffling on the middle line trying to figure out which way they should go. Anti-Trump or Pro-Trump.

And the apologists are starting to sound ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

WRONG!!!!!!

I've been hanging in political forums for 20 years.

IMO Trump's being treated with "kid gloves" because no one really knows what he's really doing. Nor does he.

IMO many are still waffling on the middle line trying to figure out which way they should go. Anti-Trump or Pro-Trump.

And the apologists are starting to sound ridiculous.

lol wearing kids gloves as u bash him. lets just take a recent example. u have hillary who lies about benghazi, lies about her server, lies about misshandling declassified info and they make her the presidential nomination and ignore all that crap. while in the meantime having to grovel and approve anything they might send out in the media cause u dont want to hurt her feelings. emails showed that to be 100% true aswell. if u want to talk about kid gloves there is no better example then that. im talking about the mainstream news in general not forum boards where we have little if any impact on a thing. bush was practically only ripped apart about the patriot act and the wmd's in iraq. those attacks didnt start till after they were said and done. clinton himself was let off the hook for all his lies in office and most just brushed it off in the mainstream news. with the current pres they are just straight up attacking him whenever his lip twitches and looks like he might speak. its quite funny. not saying similiar things didnt happen with obama but that was more within the parties rather then with the mainstream. why do u have to be anti trump or pro trump. why not wait and see how things go then decide if the outcome is something u like or not. if not then attack it. i will agree that the game each side is playing right now is nothing new. repubs try to block the dems, dems try to block the repubs, and in the end the citizen who they are supposed to be working for gets screwed. bush and obama both were stifled in that way. we need a shakeup in the parties to prevent this type of stonewalling cause as it is one party is perfectly capable of sitting on the sidelines and just not playing ball.
edit on 17-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm not totally opposed to Trump, I think he has hitched on to some important issues. But in this thread I see a lot of people making excuses for or even praising his lies, like he is "triggering" people and lying intentionally to confuse or just troll his opposition. Is that a virtue?

You should stop to think carefully about this. I know some Americans have been embittered during the Obama administration, and now they feel like they can breathe again, it's a real renaissance for parts of the right. But will it be worth it in the end?

A lot of things that Trump and others talk about are hard to know. Did Russia hack you or not? Some people in intelligence know the truth, but not most people. Other things are easily identified as lies. Like his claims about the massive win. Most issues are hotly contested on this site but not this one, even Trump's best supporters know that it's not true.

I've no doubt that Obama lied about things as well. But has anyone lied as blatantly as Trump? What happens if you start building a house and use bad bricks to lay the foundation? What happens if you are a president and lie about even the most basic things? Or even, what happens if you try to live your life like that? It ends in tragedy. I'm loosing faith in this man.

Trump and his team did change the game, it's true. But was it a change for the better? How much are you willing to sacrifice to stick it to the left?

Also, your system is broken. Trump won legitimately and I'd be the first to defend his right to be president, but it's not what the people wanted. Something is rotten when several men can win the presidency while still loosing the popular vote. Again, if the foundations are rotten, don't expect the house to stand well.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Because in the grand scheme of things it has very little value these lies. Why not judge him on his job he's doing?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
To be fair, he didn't say he had the biggest electoral win since Ronald Reagan. He said HE GUESS he had the biggest electoral win since Ronald Reagan. He was trolling the media as usual.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thecoolguy

oh wow, newly minted ats'er, he guessed??? that's what you're going with? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

he guessed repeatedly over and over and over.

good lord, trumps most ardent are something else!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thecoolguy
To be fair, he didn't say he had the biggest electoral win since Ronald Reagan. He said HE GUESS he had the biggest electoral win since Ronald Reagan. He was trolling the media as usual.

He's not trolling anyone, he's not smart enough to, he's just so arrogant that it takes up most his brain and forces him to lack in common sense, like most of his followers.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why is Trump required to be more honest than public school textbooks which teach your children that they are here as the result of the Big Bang and that you and your children evolved from chimpanzees?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
Why is Trump required to be more honest than public school textbooks which teach your children that they are here as the result of the Big Bang and that you and your children evolved from chimpanzees?

Say what again? (Facepalm) Humans did not evolve from chimps. We share a common ancestor with the great apes.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
low self esteem is often down to small package

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join