It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Trump Just Told A Huge Lie About His Election Win

During today’s press conference, Donald Trump again claimed that he received the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan. He is obsessed with his supposed massive victory and massive inaugural crowds, despite the fact that these have been repeatedly debunked. We are going to give one final fact check to set the record straight once and for all

Here are the total number of electoral college votes received by the winner of every single presidential election since Reagan’s first presidential win in 1980:

1980 Ronald Reagan 489

1984 Ronald Reagan 525

1988 George H.W. Bush 426

1992 Bill Clinton 370

1996 Bill Clinton 379

2000 George W. Bush 271

2004 George W. Bush 286

2008 Barack Obama 365

2012 Barack Obama 332

2016 Donald Trump 304

Trump also lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton by 3 million votes, a historically unprecedented margin.

Can someone explain to me what is going through this mans head? Why does he constantly lie about his popularity, his win and why does he make things up to justify why he is so unpopular amongst Americans?

Is he delusional, a habitual liar or just plain crazy?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
#Deflection in 3, 2, 1....

originally posted by: TheBulk
LOL, it's been debunked huh? He won the election. Get over it. You people are losing your mind.

You need to relay this to trump because He is still rambling about it and $hill.
Hes the one bringing these lies to pacify his ego.
edit on 16-2-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

Well I'm not a doctor but if you google early onset dementia you may find answers.

#seriousnotserious

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Trump is great at this....

"Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Triggered"

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

There was a SNL character a while back played by Jon Lovitz. That character would just get in the moment and make stuff up that sounded good to him at that time. He would embellish and double down on his fabrications until he would then say, 'Yeah, that's the ticket"

I don't think Trump knows he is lying,I think he is just trying to explain complex issues to himself. He encounters a complex issue and his pea brain is only capable of comprehending it to a small degree. Once he reaches that mental threshold he just assumes it is the truth because, you know, he is a hugely smart fellow.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername
Trump Just Told A Huge Lie About His Election Win

During today’s press conference, Donald Trump again claimed that he received the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan. He is obsessed with his supposed massive victory and massive inaugural crowds, despite the fact that these have been repeatedly debunked. We are going to give one final fact check to set the record straight once and for all

Here are the total number of electoral college votes received by the winner of every single presidential election since Reagan’s first presidential win in 1980:

1980 Ronald Reagan 489

1984 Ronald Reagan 525

1988 George H.W. Bush 426

1992 Bill Clinton 370

1996 Bill Clinton 379

2000 George W. Bush 271

2004 George W. Bush 286

2008 Barack Obama 365

2012 Barack Obama 332

2016 Donald Trump 304

Trump also lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton by 3 million votes, a historically unprecedented margin.

Can someone explain to me what is going through this mans head? Why does he constantly lie about his popularity, his win and why does he make things up to justify why he is so unpopular amongst Americans?

Is he delusional, a habitual liar or just plain crazy?

I think he is mentally unwell. The Lies; the bombast; the lack of an attention span; the fighting with everyone. At the very lest he is a narcissist. Yes politics needs a massive shake up so he is doing it but I do wonder. He has had his 90 days and I would expected him to settle in by now.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Very original line.

He later stated he was given that information, and that he was talking about Republicans
edit on 457k2017Thursdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

trump just now in his press brought it up AGAIN. LOLOLOL

the man brings it up every time he talks, it's freaken hysterical at this point. LOL

yeah, but we're the ones losing our minds.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Because most Americans are stupid as hell. Look who we have as leaders, sen Waters, Obama, sen Schumer, sen Ect ect ect....... look at our colleges,, our TV programs. I'm sorry, I'm a proud American and love this land, but most oh the people are just lemmings. How can anyone with a straight face defend Chicago or Detroit?? Oh and we have some stars on the republican side also, Sen Graham, Bush, ect, ect, ect.....I'm going to lay down for awhile, depressing

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: odzeandennz

Very original line.

He later stated he was given that information, and that he was talking about Republicans

So he doesn't verify info? That's even worse....plus it was untrue a month ago when he said it and it's untrue still. You'd think in that amount of time SOMEONE could have fixed that

And even if he was talking about republicans that's still a lie

Jesus you guys will make any excuse
edit on 2/16/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What has been debunked Bulk? The list of electoral votes since Reagan? Is that what you say has been debunked? If so, show us where and by who. That list is pretty straight forward.

You also say he won, get over it and that we are losing our minds. So does this mean that everyone should just sit back now and watch NCIS LA and quit paying attention to the national debate? Are you saying that people you oppose should just go back to sleep and allow our 'superiors' to deal with world affairs? Sure sounds like it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why does Trump lie about things that can easily be verified?

The same reason people post infinite faux outrage threads?

Seriously, how does this affect anything that actually matters?

As if Trump is the first politician to misquote facts...

SMH

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am thinking he is trying to change history and create Mandala Effects.
He also wants to make sure we get it through our minds, that when we look back years from now, we will know how great he was.

(i don't have too much against the guy, and hope its not dementia
)
edit on 16-2-2017 by peppycat because: ???whoops

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You know this an example of what propaganda wants to show, nobody wants to discuss what he has been accomplished or that he is trying to live to his campaign promises.

But now, is better to go after what is better to talk about, propaganda.

Have fun with it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I don't know.

Why did Obama?

Why does only one of those bother you?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What exactly HAS Trump accomplished so far? For instance, his biggest move, the immigration ban, is being held up in courts.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump is great at this....

"Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Triggered"

But he's not "triggering" anybody. This is what some of you don't get. Trump looking stupid, behaving childishly, and then getting criticized for it doesn't "trigger" anybody but Trump supporters.

You are all a collective version of the guy telling jokes with toilet paper hanging out the back of his pants. He thinks we are all laughing at his jokes but we are really laughing at how stupid he looks.

I don't understand when pointing and laughing became the synonym for "triggered".

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Agreed, the US gubment tells the biggest lies, but lets deflect away from that to this debate about Trump.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Trump is totally out of his league if he can't handle a simple press conference without the childish remarks when triggered.

I think even his supporters are beginning to see he is suffering from some form of mental illness. That press conference was very revealing.

edit on 16-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join