It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're different so I HATE YOU!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

[snipped] Something I have noticed is the obscure way that people on-line seem to go about voicing their grievances against a group of people which I am starting to find rather silly.

Like calling half of the membership racists?

Talking about creating division.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IntruderAlert

I have never said half of all members are racist

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No you just suggested it in any non direct way possible.

So what is the angle this time.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Just pointing out the absurdity of painting everyone from any particular group with the same brush.

ie. it would be stupid of me to suggest that all ATS members are racist.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

And being a complete hypocrite doing it.

ie. it would be stupid of me to suggest that all ATS members are racist.

That would be stupid since the goal was to make the Trump supporters look like racists, not all ATS members.
edit on 16-2-2017 by IntruderAlert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

In some places that "tiny minority" who sympathize with or agree with" the ones whocommit those acts is over 50%. I"m nbot sure at that point it qualifies any more for the descriptor of "tiny minority."

But please, carry on in your world view.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have never said half of all members are racist

And again this is the sly racist accuser issue.

I never said this, but yu imply it each time.

I'm not calling you one, but the way you write your arguments clearly implies that anyone who disagrees with you on certain points is likely part of that racist contingent even if you never called them out openly because ... well ... only a racist would dare to think this way or that way.

I'm sure it gives you the warm fuzzy of feeling morally superior to dehumanize others but in the end it's a form of bigotry, racism's close cousin.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

To my mind, it seems this phenomenon has gotten much worse of late, particularly in the US.

I attribute this problem to social instability which has magnified fear of the "other". I don't know about the UK, but in the US this social instability has been seriously aggravated by the acceleration of the rate of social change. This acceleration has been caused by the last 25 years of open borders policy and the influx of literally millions into the US from around the world. You can read something about that at: www.usatoday.com...

From that article, we learn that "The combined population share of foreign-born people and their U.S.-born children is 26%". When anyone complains about the open borders policies, anti-American "Progressives" naturally jump up and shout "America is a Nation of Immigrants". While that's true, the other truth is that so many have entered the US that they've overwhelmed the nation's "carrying capacity" and they've overwhelmed the systems of assimilation.

One of the US long established engines of assimilation was the US public education system. But practically every Public School district in the US major metropolitan areas has been literally overrun and inundated with immigrant children, stretching resources to the breaking point. You can read something about that at: www.judicialwatch.org... Although that story is from 2008 it does provide a sample of the problems the US Public school systems are enduring.

The bottom line is that this immigration tsunami, both legal and illegal, has created enormous social stress across the entire country. One of my work mates, a young married woman with two minor children reports that now, as her kids are of the age to go to elementary school, she's had to enroll them, (at great cost and expense) in a private Catholic school near her home because she has no idea who is attending the local public school which is so over crowded that half the school is housed in temporary mobile buildings. They had to put in so many temporary buildings that the play ground no longer exists.

Quite literally, the "born here" population in the US is rapidly being displaced, particularly out of the major metro areas. And despite all the rhetoric from Trump, there's no reason to believe anything will improve, especially since the Federal Courts have stripped the President of any control of immigration. My friend with her two daughters? She's looking to move to Canada.........seriously.

You can sermonize about "Lets just remember we are all human, almost all of us just want a nice quiet life and go about our business" all you like but people react hatefully when they're backs are pushed up against the wall and they've lost all sense of anything remotely resembling any control whatsoever over their living arrangements. They have no idea what or who is circulating amongst them, they have no control over who their neighbors may be and the only degree of control they can exercize is to "move" to escape the situation, and that, usually at great cost and loss of money.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I dont think i even mentioned racism.

I am just pissed off at people painting entire groups in society with the same brush.

that includes racists but also, bigots, sexists, homophobes and so on.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

My conclusion is that since the start of the 2016 election cycle up until now ATS has transformed from a site that mostly focused on alternative topics and conspiracies to a site that is mostly now focused on discussion of the alt-right. I am not wanting to label any individuals as “racist” rather I think that people should own their views rather than hide behind them because they believe them to be socially unacceptable.

So I am not going to call entire groups of people racist, rather I want them to say that they are themselves. Notice that I am not calling anyone racist.

edit on 16-2-2017 by IntruderAlert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
that's alright, I hate you too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join