It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, it's not Watergate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok genius where did the info come from then?????
Did yates just make it up?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The irony is completely lost.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

Russia tapped the conversations too. They can use them to blackmail him.

I suppose that would depend on the contents of the conversation.
The conversation of itself is in no way illegal or inappropriate.
The fact that info from the conversation has been released means 1 of 2 options.
1. the nsa got a fisa warrant against an incoming administration(big big trouble with this option)
2. someone at an intelligence agency was listening to things they were not supposed to, this happens all the time and is not a big deal unless the one listening is caught or releases the info.

either way our government spying on an incoming administration is bad

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
However the amount of controversies surrounding this administration since it began is REALLY alarming.

Perhaps the media and Democrats could stop manufacturing controversies and searching for them under every pebble they cross, then? Seriously man, there *may* be some issues of concern within this administration, but at this point it's the Boy Who Cried Wolf when you consider Trump taking a crap and wiping his rear end will generate at least 2 dozen public eruptions of outrage from the imbeciles in the *ahem* "resistance movement" (LMAO).

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I read the law I didn't see anything about a warrant. They always tape foreign embassies. It's a given.
If a warrant is needed there's probably a standing one.
But who the # cares really.
Let's deal with what were learning. Connections from every direction to the Kremlin.
Do we investigate or just take our chances?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: man404

Wait. What?
Colluding with a foreign State to hack the competition in a democratic election process of which you stand to win if successful is not illegal if you didn't type on the computer.

Hahaha that's the best one yet

edit on PMThursday31America/Chicago2V2017023128 by ThoughtIsMadness because: ape hands on mobile - nuff said

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Since 50 U.S.C. § 1802(a)(1)(A) of this Act specifically limits warrantless surveillance to foreign powers as defined by 50 U.S.C. §1801(a) (1),(2), (3) and omits the definitions contained in 50 U.S.C. §1801(a) (4),(5),(6) the act does not authorize the use of warrantless surveillance on: groups engaged in international terrorism or activities in preparation therefore; foreign-based political organizations, not substantially composed of United States persons; or entities that are directed and controlled by a foreign government or governments.[16] Under the FISA act, anyone who engages in electronic surveillance except as authorized by statute is subject to both criminal penalties[17] and civil liabilities.[18]

the act does NOT authorize for warrantless surveillance.....foriegn based political organizations

so they had to get a warrant to spy on the russians
if they got the warrant the info collected from ANY AMERICAN CITIZEN is off limits PERIOD.

otherwise then they got the warrant on flynn

do you want the govt to be able to turn the nsa on american citizens based on political affiliation?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

And Russia couldn't give a flying fig about the the ACLU so ....

And can I just ask. How do you know that a warrant wasn't obtained ?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I do not know if a warrant was obtained

I do know it appears our intelligence services were directed at an incoming administration.
I do know that is a very very bad thing.

This is the same kind of bs the W administration was doing post 911 only now instead of being directed at suspected terrorists OUTSIDE of the usa it is being done to us citizens INSIDE the usa.

And all this was done BEFORE trump was sworn in. It will lead back to clapper and his boss.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

So is undermining the actions and authority of the existing administration by telling them not to worry about additional sanctions intended as a punishment.
Is that lost on you?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
no it is far from sop
you also clearly do not understand there are laws for this

Ok. That doesn't change the fact that this guy Kislyak and other Russians are routinely monitored.

source for him being beholden?
NOT 1 single thing I have read about this has stated that. so source please

When I use the word "possibly" it means that I am speculating. Clearly an investigation is going to be needed to determine this.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Ok genius where did the info come from then?????
Did yates just make it up?

Hey genius, I don't think you know what I was talking about when I wrote that post. I certainly wasn't talking about Yates at the time.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The patriot act took care of those caveats.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

1. is that actually what the conversation was?

I submit were that the actual conversation it would be playing on a loop 24-7 on msnbc; it is not.

I think what flynn did was stupid and inappropriate. He was fired for it. What else is required?

I think the methods used to unveil what flynn did are far more sinister, and will be investigated in much greater detail than what flynn did.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

However the amount of controversies surrounding this administration since it began is REALLY alarming.

Perhaps the media and Democrats could stop manufacturing controversies and searching for them under every pebble they cross, then? Seriously man, there *may* be some issues of concern within this administration, but at this point it's the Boy Who Cried Wolf when you consider Trump taking a crap and wiping his rear end will generate at least 2 dozen public eruptions of outrage from the imbeciles in the *ahem* "resistance movement" (LMAO).

Yes. The Democrats and media totally fabricated the meeting between Flynn and Kislyak. Sounds plausible...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes. The Democrats and media totally fabricated the meeting between Flynn and Kislyak. Sounds plausible...

As I said, they're eating their own asses by not focusing purely on the actual honest to God points of concern and instead trying to cast nets over everything this administration does. Maybe I'd care about their concerns over Flynn... if it wasn't for the fact that we've all been demanded to care about nonsense like the legality of Trump's immigration plan which has been declared legal for every previous POTUS who enacted it or pure idiocy like calling Trump's administration "antisemitic" or desperately grasping attempts to compare him to Hitler, or pretty much all of the other dogcrap dribbling out of the media and establishment Democrats' mouths over the man.

We get it, tender little young people in liberal universities are shaking their fists in outraged anger... maybe, just maybe, if you actually want the rest of the country to listen to your legitimate concerns, you'll focus only on the legitimate concerns. Perpetual outrage leads to only one thing from those of us not outraged: apathy.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I don't think that would have been for political opinion or affiliation.

They already knew that Russia hacked the DNC. They knew that. So they legally wire tap the embassy. Then they intercept a call from Flynn.
On the same exact day that Obama announced additional sanctions and Russia promised retaliation.
All of a sudden Russia says wait maybe well just hold off on that retaliation for now. And the next day the pres elect tweets that Russia has made a smart move on delaying retaliation. Just where would this go with any other players at any other time? I mean the friggin script is writing itself.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

At this moment I can only say that that was the conversation that was reported. I have heard that there is a transcript of the conversation. I have not seen that nor have I heard a recording of Flynn.
I guess they wouldn't be reporting that if they didn't have something to back it up.
A reporter doesn't have to reveal a source. But the source does have to be real.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your words sound hollow after having watched the daily assault on Obama. Especially considering the birther conspiracy and Muslim angle.

You just sound mad that the news is doing its job. The President is the most famous person in the world. His words carry more weight than any other leader in the world. It should be a given that all his words and actions would be questioned and seconded guessed the the Nth degree. We do it to ALL of our Presidents and you pretending like it is unique to Trump is intellectually dishonest of you.

Meanwhile, your sad attempts to dismiss our words and concerns with tripe like this:
[quyote]We get it, tender little young people in liberal universities are shaking their fists in outraged anger... maybe, just maybe, if you actually want the rest of the country to listen to your legitimate concerns, you'll focus only on the legitimate concerns. Perpetual outrage leads to only one thing from those of us not outraged: apathy.
Is just going to make it harder for you guys in the long run. You should be trying to reach out and get us on board with Trump's agenda, not continually trying to drive us away with petty, partisan attacks.

You need to reawaken and stop being such a sheep.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This is the same kind of bs the W administration was doing post 911 only now instead of being directed at suspected terrorists OUTSIDE of the usa it is being done to us citizens INSIDE the usa.

And So now we see how the erosion of freedoms happens.
If it can be done to your enemies, it can be done to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join