It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Released Internment Camp Photographs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Leaders must be of the people, from the people, part of the people, if we are to have them at all.

I like to think of the concept of leadership of nations as a job best done by the person who least wants it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Very sadly that is the exact and utter truth, those that seek the power are actually the one's that most definitely should never have it but that is unfortunately the way of the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Is it your way? It is not my way. I would wager that it is not the way of most of the worlds people, to merely accept the thing as it is. Were a way to change it available, would we change it? I think so. It is well past time.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Not really my way but until that path to change is actually made more clear for all of us those that seek the power are the one's that will get into power, in a true meritocracy only the worthy would be in power but as we both know most of our politician's in the UK are living in a bubble reality, they live, breath and eat politics making a career out of it and of course very few of them have ever worked a real job in there lives, they don't know what it is to have splintered calloused hand's with there fingers nails broken and worn down, there joint's aching from the strain and the cold and they will never comprehend there own cruelty especially the Tory's whom seem to genuinely believe themselves a species apart (I'd agree with them if I could prove they were really cock roaches).
Very rarely indeed do we ever see any real people in parliament rather than that heckling crowd of insensitive self serving and corrupt entity's.
So not my way but I am caught in the current of the way that the world seems to work around me, if enough of us swam against it though perhaps we could change it's direction but it would be a never stop or rest because gravity would simply reverse it just like what is happened to the social reform's being rolled back by utterly contemptuous and heartless inhumane Tory policy's when there is actually absolutely no genuine need to do so.
You know how many of there people supposedly in work are actually on zero hours contract's, how many without job's are removed from there puppet office of national statistic's data base simple because they are sanctioned and or homeless so no longer appear on that list.
They are fraudsters and liars by this argument and I stand by it.

But hey I am going off subject so that's it for me.

Still it is applicable to all of us regardless of our nation.

edit on 16-2-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

You certainly do bring up some interesting snd valid points. Internment camps probably wouldn't be effective in containing a group of people, rather simply providing simple room and board. Where there is a will, there is a way. Does any of your information yield anything as far as escapes? Did such a think exist? If none, why not? Perhaps the conditions weren't as bad? I don't know, just speculation and bring up points.

As for the muslim angle, the difference there was we were at war with Japan, insert racial profiling. It doesn't completely apply to the muslim angle because we aren't at war with muslims, not all terrorist are muslims. However, I get what you're saying.

That is culture for you, the largest systemic process in how we communicate with one another.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I've read only 1 account of an attempted escape by a poor man who had gone slightly insane and who was shot trying to get over the barbed wire wall.

The conditions, whilst not as extreme as the Nazi camps, were not good. The people were housed in old stables hurriedly whitewashed which still stunk of horses & fodder. There was inadequate room ventilation or insulation meaning freezing cold in winter and swelteringly hot in summer, inadequate water particularly hot water and poor food. Many were used as forced labour (illegal under the Geneva Convention) to make camoflauge nets for the Military and all were expected to recite the National Anthem daily. These camps were not disbanded until 1946.

In 1988 Ronald Regan awarded every camp survivor the sum of $20,000 in reparations for what was then seen as a crime against a race of people without real foundation and stated that Executive Order 9066 was based on

race prejudice, war hysteria and a failure of political leadership

So it seems unlikely despite the veiled innuendos of your current Presidents' intentions, that this would ever happen again

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
my father-in-law, an American-Japanese who was born here, was hauled off to camp along with his family...after getting out, he never voted again, nor participated in any government activity....the reason he gave was...that in the most crucial of times, the times he needed it the most, the constitution failed and DIDN'T protect him, he called the constitution " a document of temporary privileges, not inalienable rights"

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Can't say that I blame him. From what I've been reading it seems many did exactly the same and again why shouldn't they?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

S&F.

It is important to remember people, their names, their stories and the events of their lives. History should be remembered as it was, not whitewashed so that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In your opinion, what would that behavior look like exactly? It's seems that folks on the right might think that looks like electing Trump and that folks on the left would see that as the massive protests that have occurred because of his election.

There are certainly issues within American society concerning the state of our "freedom" . Certainly a lot of things that need to be fixed/changed. But I think the American CLAIM of being a country about freedom, liberty etc. is still by far the most valid when held up against any country in the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Indeed I agree but that history should be used as a lesson, not an excuse to act atrociously in the name of

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

Really?

You have your mass surveillance, your government operates prisons within prisons, units designed explicitly for the holding of political prisoners, on American soil...

willpotter.com...

Your country operates an illegal jail at Guantanamo Bay, which should never have been opened.

Your country is the king of mass surveillance, invades the privacy of all its citizens, despite the fact that to do so without a warrant describing what they are looking for in fine, narrow detail, and naming specific persons, as opposed to area codes, is unconstitutional.

Your government, your Federal Reserve, are both, one way or another, privately owned and largely unaccountable bodies, over whom the people have absolutely no real power.

Tell me again, how valid that claim of freedom and liberty is? Its bogus. Either everyone has freedom and liberty, or no one truly has it. Either the government do not infringe upon those liberties and freedoms without probable cause, or you do not actually have anything other than NOTIONAL freedom, a pretense of liberty, not the actual stuff itself.

As long as your government has more power than the people do, you may not claim that your nation is freer or more possessed of liberty than anyone elses, because it is still a tyranny.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join