It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela's government shuts down CNN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Only person I like at CNN is Anderson Cooper----seems like a really good and kind guy. Dudes heart was too good to be in the CIA.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: introvert

Why would CNN hire him if he can't be honest?

This is seriously your example? What about the TV show hosts/anchors/reporters?

You asked for a single example of Right Wing bias on CNN. I gave it to you.

Now you want to move the goalposts?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm an INFP- what are you? Like your avatar bro.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

Sounds like what Trump and many of his supporters want to do. Suppress the freedom of the press and free speech of those that do not push favorable content.

Your name says it all man. You need to get out more and talk to people. Alot of us are tired of finding out the truth later. It's false news. It's not real. It's fake. It's not the truth.

Don't do it to yourself.

It's not fake.

Calling it fake news is for the lazy.

I also called it "false" "not real" "not the truth".

Go back and read it again. You lazy reader.

I read it just fine the first time. My response will be the same.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

Only person I like at CNN is Anderson Cooper----seems like a really good and kind guy. Dudes heart was too good to be in the CIA.

But maybe he never left the CIA

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

I'm an INFP- what are you? Like your avatar bro.

Not sure. I've not been "branded" yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Sounds like what Trump and many of his supporters want to do. Suppress the freedom of the press and free speech of those that do not push favorable content.

Your name says it all man. You need to get out more and talk to people. Alot of us are tired of finding out the truth later. It's false news. It's not real. It's fake. It's not the truth.

Don't do it to yourself.

It's not fake.

Calling it fake news is for the lazy.

I also called it "false" "not real" "not the truth".

Go back and read it again. You lazy reader.

I read it just fine the first time. My response will be the same.

OK then, now I know you just don't have the ability to comprehend what you are reading. Because I clearly pointed out what I also called "fake" news.

You couldn't defend your argument. Twice.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

If it's bias to one story, and bias to another, being bias doesn't disqualify them from being 'the middle of the road'. Just because you think it should hold an equivalent definition to bipartisanship doesn't mean they do. You've confused the two examples endlessly through the thread, so I'll show you like a child.

If a network is bipartisan, that is middle of the road.
If a network has a Conservative slanted news pieces, and then Liberal spin news pieces, that can be considered middle of the road.

Notice these aren't the same thing? Endlessly trying to show they are bias, or not claiming yourself and posting a single clip of biasness, honestly doesn't show anything profound at all. He claimed CNN is sometimes bias, showing a clip of bias doesn't exemplify anything. If I claimed sometimes Baseball players cheat, and use steroids, showing a clip of a baseball player using steroids doesn't provide much counter argument. Using this as evidence ALL baseball players cheat is high level stupidity though. The middle of the road in the analogy from the very start didn't mean every single stance and issue they take is the middle of the road. Get that through your thick skull. He's evaluating it as a whole and you're defaulting to specific quotes from a single clip. You couldn't cherry pick any harder, to only ultimately prove what he's trying to say. Post another freaking bias clip for that matter, it only equally continues to prove his point? That's easily what you don't understand in this argument. Prove ALL the baseball players cheat, otherwise there is simply no point in single clips. We already KNOW they cheat, and we watch for it.

Riddle me this, does a single Fake News piece make the entire organization Fake News?
Does a single 'real' news piece 'redeem' them?
What do you call a 'real' news piece from a known 'Fake News' distributor?

These unanswered questions by the Right show their intentions of only wanting to Regulate information, according to what they say is 'real' and 'not'. If being fake news is merely attributed to being inaccurate, ALL news is guilty. If it's attributed to political bias narrative, MOST NEWS is guilty. Judging this BY SINGLE PIECES at all would easily lead to no trustable outlets left.
edit on 16-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

OK then, now I know you just don't have the ability to comprehend what you are reading

I comprehend just fine.

Because I clearly pointed out what I also called "fake" news.

No you didn't. You did not make any distinctions between fake, false, etc, with clear examples.

You couldn't defend your argument. Twice.

There is no need. You have not presented any legitimate rebuttal that requires me to do so.
edit on 16-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

The Russian hooker urine thing wasn't fake news?

No. CNN reported on a very real dossier.

Whether what it contained is true or not is another story.

That what we call POOR VETTING. and is on the level of WEEKLY WORLD NEWS.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

While I am no fan of CNN, stifling any manner of information (tainted or otherwise) is a bad idea.

People have the right to remain as ignorant as they can possibly be.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Yeah exactly, just like the pathetic fascist lot who attack university campuses when someone they disagree with is giving a speech.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

So if it was all fake things in the dossier, which btw is still being investigated and certainly has not been proven to contain fake information, then why are people being murdered across Russia for what ever hand they held in it. And why did that m16 agent go underground?
Because it's fake? They murder people over fake dossiers?

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Funny how that freedom of speech applies to EVERYONE huh? They were initiating their right to free speech too. Don't let that fact escape your inspection.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So if it was all fake things in the dossier, which btw is still being investigated and certainly has not been proven to contain fake information, then why are people being murdered across Russia for what ever hand they held in it. And why did that m16 agent go underground?
Because it's fake? They murder people over fake dossiers?

Actually in Russia there is news reports about rogue members of the FSB spying on Russian diplomats and yes even Putin. What we are seeing appears to be someone with money was trying to use spys to change the government in some sort of attempted overthrow. Well truth be told Putin doesn't take kindly to that and his method of dealing with it is people disappear.

The other speculation appears to be that these people were american spies. Will know more if they decide to make the trials public but ill say they wanted people to know they were making the arrests. It wasnt for the US this was a message for people in Russia and Putin was making sure they heard it loud and clear. How often do you see people come in grab someone in the middle of a briefing shove a bag over there head and carry them off?????
edit on 2/20/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You guys might be interested in seeing this most people dont know but CNN is being sued for false reporting and defamation of character. They tried to have the case dismissed but the judge just gave a ruling saying there is sufficient evidence to move the case forward. Federal District Judge Orinda Evans ruled that the case could move forward, even ruling that she found that CNN may have acted with “actual malice” with the report — a standard necessary to prove a defamation claim.

“The Court finds these allegations sufficient to establish that CNN was acting recklessly with regard to the accuracy of its report, i.e., with ‘actual malice,”

www.scribd.com...

<< 1  2  3   >>

join