It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please share, feelings about Businesses that have had illegal immigrant employees now for years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Okay, so it seems pro Trump supporters are enthusiastic about being on top of deporting illegal immigrants, but how do you feel concerning the construction, contractors, landscaping, farmers, ect... having illegal immigrants working for them for so many years?
Do Trump supporters feel that these businesses are part of what is now in the light of being a big issue/problem?

Yes, i believe legal citizens should have first dibs towards jobs and there should be programs for homeless/out of work citizens that will take the jobs, but how many business owners do you think will go out of business, when they have to pay minimum wage and not below it.

Is America going to be great again?
I am not a Trump supporter, nor was I a Hilary supporter, i actually was never interested too much into politics until I joined ATS.
yes, another political, somewhat of a Trump thread, sorry and thank you for stopping by and hopefully sharing your thoughts.

sort of a rant, but mostly curious...
and hoping to shed more light on this as I don't fully understand or know the scope of this particular issue.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

This has never made sense to me. All the complaints about illegal aliens working in the US. Stop them . Build a wall. Send them back. Where are the cries of take those offending employers to jail. Close their businesses and let the rest of the market place pick up the slack. Yet as you say decades and decades go by and the real criminals, those who hire illegal aliens go un punished and virtually uncared about. I just don't get it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Fine em and shut em down .

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yeah, to me its like... pro Trump supporters are like, "Trump is cracking down on what is The Law"...
but is he really so for "The Law", because it seems a bunch of business owners aren't getting in trouble for the Dreamer act...(just their employees?)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

double post
edit on 16-2-2017 by peppycat because: dp

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It should be treated similar to tax avoidance as no doubt they would be "cash in hand" employees and as such would be working with zero benefits and I would guess at a far lower wage than a worker with full rights.

A employer that does this in practice is breaking the law simple as that, I could not see how a defence could be brought up to defend the actions as it would be blatant, unless the employee had "false/fake" documents but I would think there is a basic check list that a employer would need to tick off prior to employment?.

It under minds wages simple as that, I would expect a substantial fine for each member of staff that is undocumented and the illegal migrant to be deported.

RA

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
A lot of businesses will have to be shut down, it could raise prices of things like tomatoes (I recently read a story about that) and other crops. There should be a system for a decent amount of migrant workers to come into this country legally.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
There should be a system for a decent amount of migrant workers to come into this country legally.

Well since Migrant family's tend to have a far higher birth rate than "native" family's it would fulfill it's self, One legal Migrant may pump out 5 units, that is 5 more workers for the system right there that would not be there had the original migrant not been in the country..

And if lots of businesses will be shut down then that says there is a major problem, it will lead to a decrease in wages and more illegal attempts to gain access as there will be the option of a job via illegal means, this is not a good thing....

RA
edit on 16-2-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
double post

RA
edit on 16-2-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

What makes you think these businesses shouldn't be punished? It seems you are projecting your own misconceptions of what a Trump supporter wants onto Trump supporters.

Show me some examples where a Trump supporter suggested businesses should get off without repercussions.

I'll wait.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

i think, speaking for myself, that it is the lack of talk about the businesses keeping illegal immigrants and that the focus is so much on the illegal immigrants.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
Please share, feelings about Businesses that have had illegal immigrant employees now for years

I have no 'feelings' about that at all, I couldn't care less.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

well, you shared.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Do Trump supporters feel that these businesses are part of what is now in the light of being a big issue/problem?

We're never going to solve the illegal immigration problem by deporting them, we have to make it so they don't have a reason to come. Businesses that knowingly hire illegals need to be heavily fined and the owners get jail time for repeat offenses.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hmmm..

It would be interesting to see what would happen if businesses had to pay workers minimum wage and had to hire only legal immigrants and US citizens.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I would not mind paying more for certain things if it meant that workers will get paid a fair wage for the work they do.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: namelesss

well, you shared.

well, you asked! *__-
just another Perspective in the mix...

edit on 16-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

there are laws in place for this, maybe businesses have a dream act sort of policy of their own..?
or maybe the thousands of illegal immigrants that are here, just don't work and businesses never hired them
i don't know...somethings off, IMO

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What makes you think these businesses shouldn't be punished? It seems you are projecting your own misconceptions of what a Trump supporter wants onto Trump supporters.

Show me some examples where a Trump supporter suggested businesses should get off without repercussions.

I'll wait.

Read my post again Met. I said they should go to jail and have their businesses shut down. That would be the punishment part. How is it that you read exactly the opposite of what I wrote?

You will also notice that I said this has been going on for "decades AND DECADES," I did not isolate this problem to the present nor did I isolate it to Trump supporters. You did.

If you read it again you will also notice that I did not personally place blame on conservatives. This problem has been given lip service for ages by both sides of the isle, Dem and Rep. yet neither has cracked down on the employers to any real extent, but both sides have to one extent or another focused on the illegal workers.

So, if you are still waiting, did I satisfy your somewhat fuzzy interpretation of what I wrote?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is, illegal immigrants are employed knowingly all the time.

Your streets and infrastructure are built and repaired partly by illegal immigrants.

Your fruits and vegetables are picked by illegal immigrants, working for # pay, and moving from California to Iowa to Florida over a single year, following the harvest seasons.

The food you eat at a restaurant very likely was cooked by an illegal immigrant and the plate it was served on was cleaned by an illegal immigrant.

Your roof was replaced by illegal immigrants. You yard mowed by them.

The most ardent advocate of deportation and "building the wall" actively and knowingly supports illegal immigrants all the time. And quite a few of them are not of Hispanic origin...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join