It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we work together..we can change the Earth.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I believe that if we all pool our abilities and work toward a common goal we can bring about a change in the direction of society.

How many on this site believe that we can put things on a better track if we work together ? If you have an interest in seeing things get on a better track and want to use your abilities to help accomplish it...please join with me to help make it happen.

I have many talents and gifts that can be used to help make it happen. But.....I don't have the leadership or administrative type skills to organize it.

If you have any skill or talent that you think would be useful in establishing a new society based on a better way of doing things please join this thread and let's work together to change our world.

I think our best chance for change is to start with a clean slate and design a new society and infrastructure based on healthy and logical principles. I think our current system is too large and complex to fix. But if we start with a raw piece of land and work together we can start a new system that will work much better and will be healthy for us and the earth.

If this new system is proven to be an effective and healthy system for both people and the earth...then we can keep duplicating it.

If this sounds like a good idea to you and you want to see a system that is healthy for humans, animals and the environment lets work together to make it happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Let it all burn the world society and humanity not worth saving .

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
I believe that if we all pool our abilities and work toward a common goal we can bring about a change in the direction of society.

How many on this site believe that we can put things on a better track if we work together ? If you have an interest in seeing things get on a better track and want to use your abilities to help accomplish it...please join with me to help make it happen.

I have many talents and gifts that can be used to help make it happen. But.....I don't have the leadership or administrative type skills to organize it.

If you have any skill or talent that you think would be useful in establishing a new society based on a better way of doing things please join this thread and let's work together to change our world.

I think our best chance for change is to start with a clean slate and design a new society and infrastructure based on healthy and logical principles. I think our current system is too large and complex to fix. But if we start with a raw piece of land and work together we can start a new system that will work much better and will be healthy for us and the earth.

If this new system is proven to be an effective and healthy system for both people and the earth...then we can keep duplicating it.

If this sounds like a good idea to you and you want to see a system that is healthy for humans, animals and the environment lets work together to make it happen.

OK: Howz aboutz a place called Nowhere, where nothing costs nothing?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

I feel that we're already working very hard to change the Earth into a galactic garbage dump. Recent reports suggest that we're years ahead of schedule! Go mankind, you can do it!
edit on 16-2-2017 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
originally posted by: HarryJoy

I think our best chance for change is to start with a clean slate and design a new society and infrastructure based on healthy and logical principles. I think our current system is too large and complex to fix

Why do you think it cannot be fixed? If indeed it is broken as that is your opinion. What exactly is wrong with it?

But if we start with a raw piece of land and work together we can start a new system that will work much better and will be healthy for us and the earth.

Where will you get that land? Who will pay for it? How will you pay the taxes for that land? Will it conform to govt laws on sanitation, housing, agricultural needs, living conditions? Or are you suggesting you will operate outside the law of your host nation and create your own community with ideals and morals different to mainstream society? Yeh...good luck with that

How do you define effective an healthy? What is your measurement of success? Again, you'll find a very broad spectrum I suspect, and won't ever get to a number or mark that people will agree to.
edit on 16-2-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Trump is trying his best but unsavory elements in this country and around the world are trying to put up road blocks. When America is Great Again it will trickle down to the rest of the world.

But, I can say right now I want no part of a nightmare inducing progressive new world utopia.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

Your looking at the wrong things. Humanity is a relatively strong concept. Good is being done.

I'm not sure what society or sect of society you exist in, take part and be the change you wish to see.

Destroy the whole world? That's just greedy, let humanity die and society... Life deserves to go on.

Be the change you wish to see.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Go away with your reasonable logic

Nah just kidding, I enjoyed that post.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Op? I'm all ears.

I'd join you on your crusade, ultimately I feel you have good intentions. If you wanna go though we don't get there like that.

We don't need to start again with reasonable improvements and the best leaders are consistent. The rest we will be merely riding upon the coattails of.

And that's no good for everyone, because eventually some poor sod is going to have to clean up the mess he/she made whilst considering how we can make up for the excess they entailed.

You wanna make a difference then differentiate yourself, insist on bringing everyone else up with you. Because life is short but it'll feel much longer if you are not equal and nothing is equal.

So make it so.

Give strength to the weak, intelligence to the dumb and clarity for the confused.

Make a equal... Don't give food to the hungry, instead ask them to come prepare a meal and teach how they can get their own ingredients.

Know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

The more polite response is are we deserving of being saved?

The answer yes is only when we can learn to live with nature, cherishing and protecting it instead of taming and trampling it. We are in the midst of a great extinction around the planet. And the overwhelming majority of those extinctions are due to loss of habitat because of human colonisation.

The things we need to do in order to re-balance with our planet, our environment and our fellow animals are the sort that cannot be spoken of in polite company.
edit on 16-2-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I believe that if we all pool our abilities and work toward a common goal ..

Good luck finding a common goal.

edit on 2017/2/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Ok guys. ...I'm glad to see the interest and enthusiasm. I will respond to most of the posts ...the ones that have legit questions. But it will be later...I have a full day of driving ahead of me right now (that's how I make my living ).

I look forward to discussion and hopefully action on this matter. I don't want to go against T&C but I hope we can use ATS for more than just talking about problems ...we need to use the resources here to actually solve problems. And I feel very confident that we can.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
In the current state of the world it's not gonna happen anytime soon.
You're talking about globalization, but you've come to the wrong site to talk about that since so many people here are nationalists and think a unified planet earth is just a scheme for the NWO.
Once we take down borders (not literally) we can maybe start there.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I like your thinking Harry, and I won't be sarcastic though I am usually full of it.

But...

I'm afraid the change is not external, but internal. There are too many people problems in the world, violence, hatred, religious nuts. Like 99% of humanity is totally brainwashed to this or that religious or political ideology, this makes it really hard to bridge the gaps. Everywhere there are groups of people trying to be on top or be in control of the other.

The problems are not systems, they are people.

We are still monkeys in a way, haven't much evolved beyond our fight or flight mentality.

I won't say anything to stop you from going through this if this is your calling, there are many such communities in the world trying to live a different life, some are succeeding. Maybe you should read more into it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Just FYI, I wasn't trying to be a d**k in my response which looked like it was poo-pooing on the OP. It wasn't.

But over the the years there are lots of posts and ideas about creating a new community or way of living which is 'better' or fixing the problems of modern society. Or the problems the poster 'feels' are problems.

What tends to happen in some of these grand ideas, is forgetting about all the small things that allow us *to* function as a society (for better or worse).

Money. Love it or hate it, but we have to have it. Why? Because we need it to purchase goods and services. Why do we need to purchase goods and services if DreamSocietyX says we don't have money any more? How then do you get those people who can repair your plumbing? You'll do them a favour? Great. But now it's based on favours or even a bartering system. That will only lead to skills or talents or favours becoming more valuable. Then people will push to get them over others, attribute more value, and presto -- we're back to a monetisation system.

But to be honest, Dream Societies won't happen until our human technology advances to a point where the basics of living are free for everyone. Food, shelter, medical services. The tech required to make this possible, ie: clean, unlimited energy, just isn't there yet.

However I have every confidence it will be in the future. Just sadly, not yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Human nature--something that can be suppressed by some but never truly abolished--is the main reason why global cooperation is an impossibility. Human beings are just not wired to work that way, and quite honestly, there has never been (and never will be) a one-size-fits-all government that works for everyone and every place and every climate and every religion and every culture.

You're basically talking about the New World Order (just probably different from the assumed goal currently), but in both cases, you'd need an over-controlling governmental body that would inevitably usurp too much power from the people--it's just human nature.

Hell, here in the U.S., our country is so big and diversified that it's hard to find a single place in America where everyone can agree with what is best--or even a proper compromise--for the group as a whole. You try to expand that to a global scale and you will encounter failure at nearly every turn.

That is, of course, unless you use threat of force, but then you're basically looking at global tyranny, which is never a good idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Oh too be young again.....I love the times when we believe we can conquer the worlds ills and make Society in our own image of what its "suppose" to be. We can't agree on a government much less a religion. Is this new system going to be vegetarian or meat lovers ? The communes of the 60's didn't work, the Utopians of the mid 1800's didn't work, and so far our Dreams of life on Mars has not gotten off the ground.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Problem is, everyone thinks it's supposed to be a simple matter that's not going to require sacrifice. Here's the simple truth: To work towards anything that's better than what we have is going to take a change in mentality and lifestyle. Something I don't think humanity can collectively do in this day and age.
Realistically, people, particularly in first world countries, have had it too easy for too long. You throw people who exist today into the world that existed 200, hell, even 100 years ago, they'd never make it. They wouldn't. To ask people of today to make the sacrifice it would take to change to something better is about like asking a house to grow legs and walk. It isn't going to happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

I agree about us turning the world into a garbage dump. That is one of the downfalls of modern society we have created too many disposable items. We are essentially using most of our labor force to create future landfill. But this is a problem that can be easily remedied when we are starting with a new system and a clean slate.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Okay first of all yes I know you weren't trying to be disagreeable you were bringing up legitimate points... as far as what's wrong with the current system. The current system is inherently flawed because it's based on consumption. Anytime you have a consumption-driven economy you're creating Goods for the purpose of selling them rather than making only those things which are necessary. And just for clarification I don't expect that even the system that I have in mind will only make necessities... but primarily that is all that would be made..there would be a few luxury type items as we deemed fit. most businesses are in business to make a profit when a business wants to increase their profit they come up with more efficient means to produce their products which means less jobs or they have to go up on the price of their product which means inflation... so now we have less people working and prices going up. and it can't go on forever like that... No one can survive on the average job...on top of that there's a little regard for the earth or the animals....our transportation system alone kills animals by the thousands every year probably millions and we think nothing of it as though it has no consequence.

As far as getting the land there are a number of options we could raise the money through a non-profit or go fund me there's plenty of very large pieces of land that are already privately owned and once we had a plan developed enough to present it... we could probably talk someone into letting us use the land. There's already land under the control of some nonprofits that would probably be interested in doing something like this.

The infrastructure that we would use although it would be non-conventional it would certainly be compliant to any federal or state regulations regarding the things that you mentioned. By healthy I mean a system that did not harm the Earth with it's activities as well as providing useful and productive employment for all of its citizens and the system would also provide all of the meals and each person would have their own self-contained pod type house to live in that house would have a composting / incinerating toilet in it as well as a cistern type water system so that we did not have to construct a sewer system or drill a well for every dwelling. The dwellings would not have to have a kitchen in them because the meals would be prepared on a large-scale level and at various cafeterias throughout the infrastructure the dwelling would basically have a living area and sleeping area as well as a bathroom facility along with a fuel pellet fired hot water / heat furnace. I have some ideas in my mind and I really need to draw them out on a piece of paper so that you could see them I think people once they saw exactly what I'm talking about they would find it a very attractive way to live.

The transportation system would be enclosed bicycle ways that would be nominally heated in the winter time and they would be built so that they did not have steep grades on them they would be built similar to a railroad line in the sense that there would be no grades over 2 or 3% they could also be built on top of pilings and made in a modular fashion so that we could manufacture them and then just go out and put them together kind of like a slot car track type deal those little details can be worked out but I'm sure we can build them in a modular fashion and yes there's a lot of details I'm leaving out right now but are in my mind. The reason I say bicycles as the primary transportation is because the bicycle is hands down by far the most efficient Transportation on this planet as well as non-polluting and extremely dependable. We would just need all-weather bike ways in which to ride them in we would not have to worry about snow removal or anything because of the enclosed bikeways. Also keep in mind we are building this infrastructure from scratch and it will just be designed around the transportation system we're not going to be traveling huge distances like we currently do with the automobiles.
edit on 16-2-2017 by HarryJoy because: add

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join