It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journey to a Thousand Stars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Finally, 1,000 stars, got it in just shy of 5 years
I may hold the record for the longest its taken a members to get to a thousand stars. We got stats for that?

I know no one cares about stars, well shhhh let me enjoy this milestone moment.

It's been a great journey here in ATS.
Thinking back I'm defiantly surprised by how active I became, I know 700 post in 5 years, I'm just a regular chatter box.

Well your talking with a social anxiety, dyslexic, fly on the wall, speak when spoken to sort of guy. It's Not that I have nothing to say it's that I have too much. My writing app is full of post that never made to big screen. Not to mention 90% of my post are from my phone including this one.

So ATS has been some way therapy, getting me more confident to speaking my mind, and teaching me to be more economical with my words. And I found out that I love to do research and I found a new obsession with numbers and geometry. (See Image above)

Advise:
I do know regardless of the amount of stars on my post they are being read by someone. My favorite, most profound post only got one star but it did get an applause from the staff.

So if your new or lurking and thinking about it, try not to sweat the stars just know your post do get read and you never know who is reading or how it might effect them.

I do recommend learning to post pics and vids before you get started, I mean be really good at it even from Mobil devices. That alone will add value to your content and def increase your star potential.

Members you guys have been great, learned a lot from you all, thanks for the stars. Thanks Mods and lurkers for reading and hopefully I'll be able to stick around 5 more years and get to 2,000 stars. Will talk more then.

Members feel free to share any advise for what makes a star worthy post?
edit on 16-2-2017 by Observationalist because: Big space

edit on 16-2-2017 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

This is a wonderful post and i appreciate your sharing, thank you and Congratulations on 1'000 stars!
hope to see more thoughtfully worded posts from you in the future!

Excellent eight pointed star BTW!
some folks consider them to be powerful symbols, like vortexes into infinity or something!
edit on 16-2-2017 by peppycat because: 8 pointed star

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I don't care about stars and I'd rather keep my distance on tha boardsz. It's cuz it's tha boardsz and ppl wl waste ur tym. But if it helps u well whatevs doe

Yeah yeah??

Gnite oe.
edit on 16-2-2017 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Awesome.

Your OP title reminded me of a back in the day ride
I took in Disneyland; and reason it caught
my attention.

ATS is pretty much everything like that ride,
factor in the twilight zone and there is no going back

Congrats on your Journey to a Thousand Stars!

edit on 16-2-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Star worthy these days seems to be if you're willing to pick a political side that is popular in the thread that you're in. Though, if you really care for star acknowledgement put forth a challenge, add non political topics that grab attention. Though, may or may not work even if it's a good topic now days.

A 2012 join date? Could have sworn I seen some that are 2012 with the 17 million star count error-if it still happens? Maybe it was 2011, just give it time. That could mess things up if you're keeping count.
edit on 16-2-2017 by dreamingawake because: spell check fail

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The little white envelope on the top right,check it.
Applause.

For me a star worthy post is someone who tries and is not being a douchebag while doing it,people who bring topics worthy of discussion and challenging others while doing it without the dickish attitude.
I like when people are nice as well so I have a soft spot for those types.
I never star or flag the same old "lets make 5 threads in 2 hours" types for days on end and NEVER flag those types and rarely applaud those types of members.
(quality over quantity)

Sometimes,I star a post that puts douchebags in their places regardless of my political views...meh,just another day on the internet.

edit on 16-2-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Dud stars shouldn't motivate why you post or do anything on the net, and sometimes people alternate between being nice or mean depending..and no one person on the net owns another, but I agree with you're decision to decide for urself whose a db live and let live..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

So if your new or lurking and thinking about it, try not to sweat the stars just know your post do get read and you never know who is reading or how it might effect them.

I do recommend learning to post pics and vids before you get started, I mean be really good at it even from Mobil devices.

1) It should be "affect".
Affect is the verb that happens to something (cause), and Effect is the noun of what results (effect).

2) Mobil is an oil company that merged with Exxon. You meant "mobile".

And by the way, congrats on your 1000 stars!
I also like your screen name, it's catchy and memorable.
I'm pretty sure I've seen you around a few times.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Congratulations on your star journey!

So very true!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Everybody looks at their stars , well unless you were part of the glitch , if you have 12 gazillion who cares . I look at it this way , stars and flags show you someone appreciated a thread you posted or something you said . Congrats on the 1000 .

edit on 16-2-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Nm
edit on 16-2-2017 by breakingbs because: totally not worth it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Members feel free to share any advise for what makes a star worthy post?

Once upon a time, a 'star' was for a post that one found well thought out, elegantly said, something that evidenced fruitful effort!
Huzzah! Star that!

Now, people being what they are, it has degraded into "I agree with you!" or "You are right (star) because you agree with me!"
No matter the site.
It is inevitable...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I do recommend learning to post pics and vids before you get started, I mean be really good at it even from Mobil devices.

Affect is the verb that happens to something (cause), and Effect is the noun of what results (effect).

2) Mobil is an oil company that merged with Exxon. You meant "mobile".Members feel free to share any advise for what makes a star worthy post?

Personally, I'd rather see the misspellings and grammar errors then have to watch people correcting that which everyone already knows what it means!
I'm sure that you can find something more.... meaty... to say. *__-

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I think that the world is better off if people share knowledge, including spelling/grammar/etc.

Just because it "annoys" you or because you "didn't like English class" doesn't give you some special position where you can bully and insult others into not helping others learn more.

There's nothing wrong with giving others a few tips.
I wish others were so kind to me.

You wasted time with your post.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

I think that the world is better off if people share knowledge, including spelling/grammar/etc.

Just because it "annoys" you or because you "didn't like English class" doesn't give you some special position where you can bully and insult others into not helping others learn more.

Seriously? You feel bullied and insulted from my comment?
No, dear, I am not annoyed, I just made a comment.
you could have ignored it.
You could have corrected my spelling...

>>> HEY, anyone out there who is grateful when someone takes bandwidth to 'correct' your spelling in a thread?
Anyone appreciate it and change their bad habits?
Anyone?

There's nothing wrong with giving others a few tips.
I wish others were so kind to me.

This is a thread, with a topic, a flow.
Spelling corrections are off topic.
And, other than feeding your ego, a waste of time and bandwidth, as far as I can see.

You wasted time with your post.

Don't be concerned, I have all the time in the world!
Have a nice night. *__-

edit on 16-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Thanks DrumsRfun. Applause mean way more to me than stars, so thank you. 👍

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

2) Mobil is an oil company that merged with Exxon. You meant "mobile".

And by the way, congrats on your 1000 stars!
I also like your screen name, it's catchy and memorable.
I'm pretty sure I've seen you around a few times.

I appreciate the help Muzz.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Everybody looks at their stars , well unless you were part of the glitch , if you have 12 gazillion who cares . I look at it this way , stars and flags show you someone appreciated a thread you posted or something you said . Congrats on the 1000 .

It's hard not to notice the stars. I tried to ignore it but as I saw my post to star ratio go lopsided I decided to focus my efforts. Thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Apy
edit on 16-2-2017 by breakingbs because: yippee!!
edit on 16-2-2017 by breakingbs because: huuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

extra DIV

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Meeps-baps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join