It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse of the Man Who Sees Ufos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I just watched this really great documentary up on netflixs now.

It involves a man named Christos and his experiences seeing and filming ufos around
Monterey California. The documentary details more then his experiences filming ufos.
The documentary goes beyond Christos sightings and has some touching moments dealing with
The death of his wife from cancer and the fallout with his mother.
I found It to be a great watch and it is up on netflixs now for anyone else interested in watching it.

here is the trailer

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
I just watched this really great documentary up on netflixs now.

It involves a man named Christos and his experiences seeing and filming ufos around
Monterey California. The documentary details more then his experiences filming ufos.
The documentary goes beyond Christos sightings and has some touching moments dealing with
The death of his wife from cancer and the fallout with his mother.
I found It to be a great watch and it is up on netflixs now for anyone else interested in watching it.

here is the trailer

Commenting to subscribe...thanks for the tip...I'll check it out this weekend!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
He does not do the community any favors does he. His behavior is erratic and his language foul. The constant foul language alone would prevent many from wanting to watch this. Including myself.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

I came across it on netflix originaly and found it enjoyable.
His language is a bit rough but I didn't have any issue with it.
Too each their own.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Curse of a man who sees satellites more than likely.
Not throwing shade on UFO's. But the people who claim to see them everywhere all the time are questionable.

Eta: I would watch this though!
edit on 2/16/2017 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
itś Crap , Well itś actually a docu to make ufonuts more nuts (like ancient aliens and co)... just entertainment. If the celebs could make money with this they would become interested too... hey wait we have Tom Delonge....

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

As a follower of the UFO phenomena since I first heard about them in 1947--yes, I'm that old, I've encountered a lot of junk about them. Both bad and questionable images, phony abduction stories of wanttabes among the genuine and dishonest researchers, and the inevitable denials from science and government.

This video I will not watch. About 30 seconds into it was enough. Basically, it is not a credit to the field of study. It adds nothing to the field, it detracts. Skeptics will love it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for sharing.

I love anything different. Hey, have you seen the ~Cosmic Disclosure~ videos from Gaia? It is trashy nonsense, isn't it? I keep getting advertisements for it and I am curious.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The curse of seeing ufo's is that, no one will believe you.

And if UFO in mythologyor the bible are depicted as having all seeing eye's, they probably have all hearing ears too.

They probably hear it all the time.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Watched it last night, and the skeptics here should as well. Its hard to deny that something is happening in the monterey area. Be it ufos or black projects. Yes, the man is eccentric, yes he is foul mouthed, but he has conviction about his work and believes it important. The footage of the bbt's he has observed and various other lights are some of the best I've seen.

The man has problems, yes, and years of seeing things he can't explain probably exacerbate them, but he isn't a faker.

Something is over monterey and he is diligent in recording the events. Not looking to make money from it

It was a good doc. Heartfelt and captivating. I urge any member here to watch.

Thank you OP for this post.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed

The man has problems, yes, and years of seeing things he can't explain probably exacerbate them, but he isn't a faker.

I don't think most people who claim to have seen UFOs are fakers. I think the most of them honestly believe they saw something strange.

That's not the same as saying they DID see something strange or unexplainable (unexplainable using known facts). They may have simply misidentified something mundane due to having little or no experience with that mundane phenomenon. Or (on rare occasions, but not unheard of) they may have some mental issues in which their brain turns mundane sightings into something mysterious.

In both of these examples the eyewitness is not a faker; they truly believe they saw something that they thing cannot be explained in terrestrial terms. However, that does not necessarily mean that what they saw cannot actually be explained in terrestrial terms.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Check the flick out. I won't go so far as to say he saw e.t. craft. But something is in the monterey skies. Not just sattelites and planes. Probably black op stuff. Interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Check the flick out. I won't go so far as to say he saw e.t. craft. But something is in the monterey skies. Not just sattelites and planes. Probably black op stuff. Interesting indeed.

I admit I have not watched the film, but only the trailer.

From the trailer, I did not see anything besides out-of-focus video that could have been of aircraft or bright stars/planets. The two parts of the trailer where they showed three lights in a wide triangular formation looked like they could have easily been three aircraft with landing lights (possibly on approach).

Planes on approach with their landing lights on could seem as if they are hovering or moving slowly due to the perspective from which a person is viewing them. Multiple planes stacked up on approach could look like a formation of hovering lights, or lights that appear to move slowly from side-to-side.

But like I said, I have not yet watched the actual film. I will try to do so if I get the chance.

edit on 2017-2-16 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
why "curse"? thats a blessing

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I also watched this last night ( almost made a thread , did a search and everything,)

Any way, I consider myself on the side of hard science, fact based data on Ufology and ET theory. This documentary isn't that if that is what you are looking for.

It is a feel good documentary about a "strange cool dude" who chases UFOs in the Monterey area of Cali and has a passion for it. I'd recommend it.

I'd also like opinions on the sightings in the documentary. As much as they are just "lights in the sky" . There seems to be an awful lot of them. I'm not sure if Christos officially reported any of these.

Any one live in this area can confirm?

ATS search didn't bring up much. I know to the West is the alleged UFO corridor where Lockeed Martin and the like test as well as military.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

Agreed, scientific it is not. But entertaining, yes.

I wanna hang out with the guy, honestly.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Paddyofurniture

Agreed, scientific it is not. But entertaining, yes.

I wanna hang out with the guy, honestly.

Yeah It is far from a hard science documentary.
A bit more of a slice of life with an eccentric guy who happens to see UFO's.
I found it really touching when he starts talking about his wife and his relationship with his family.
He reminds me of a friend of mine who sees UFOs occasionally and does industrial music like this guy does.
I would totally chill with this guy and produce some music.

I just figured people would like to know this is up on Netflix since a lot of people have netflixs.

But if people are looking for a hard footage documentary then they are going to be disappointed.
Also they could have done a better trailer to promote the movie I think most people won't watch it because the amount of swearing in the trailer.

Oh well it is what it is.

new topics

top topics

join