It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to take breather from White House, hold rally this weekend

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Campaigning is easier than running the country. On a campaign you can say whatever the hell you want and won't be questioned by your adoring fans. Running the country requires accountability and results. Something Trump has never been good with.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Lots of things happen during a round of golf.

Big deals are closed with a handshake. Perhaps if you dug a little deeper you may find who he played with. That may give you a lead.

As for other Presidents playing golf. Perhaps the last one could be put under the spotlight.

But then, you continue with these anti-Trump ramblings.

As for his picks to be filled ... why not ask Congress what the hold up is.

P

I never saw you conservatives giving Obama the benefit of the doubt like this whenever he went golfing.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Claims he is campaigning for 2020 with literally no evidence other than Trump will speak to people somewhere.

Okay then...

President Trump has already filed for re-election. That's not normal.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: Tempter

It reminds me of the "I need more blankets and less blankets" scene in Walk Hard the Dewey Cox story.

I'm afraid you're right..

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

He's got the MSM, the Establishment DEMS and the Establishment GOP on his ARSE...

President Trump was voted in by the PEOPLE... not the Establishment...

Actually, he wasn't. He was voted in by the Electoral College, as we all remember. And his popularity's been trending downward.

See a fire, put it out. people still stop seeing the fire.

prepare for a fire, seek them out, people will say "dont waste my time"

IN a fire, with a fireman, you are glad you have someone who can do the job.

Put your nappy back on, you might pee.

edit on 16-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You can now register for tickets to the event on Trump's website and shop for Trump souvenirs at the same place.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Make sure his controversies are adequately addressed before speculation tears the administration apart? Nah.
Make sure his policies are drafted, addressed, and moving through Congress? Naaaaaah.
Find new people to fill his vacant cabinet positions? Nope.
Build bridges to stop the division and partisan bickering? Of course not.
Make sure that he has a new motto and merchandise to sell at his non-necessary, super early campaign rally? CHECK!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You can now register for tickets to the event on Trump's website and shop for Trump souvenirs at the same place.

What the hell is that?
Just....NO! What?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: muzzleflash

You have not seen Trump denying people their rights, because you do not care about the rights of the people he has done it to. You do not believe in their rights, and for all I know, you do not believe in their personhood either.

Who's rights did Trump violate and how?

Whose rights do I not believe in?
Why would you say I don't believe in someone's personhood when all I did was say I haven't seen him violate anyone?

I don't watch the news much, inform and educate me about this. I'd really like to know who's being violated.

To say I don't consider other people as legitimate persons though is going a bit too far though, so please be reasonable.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Well, his creature, Mr Jeff Sessions, has already started an assault on the rights of transgendered individuals, and Mr Trumps immigration ban has caused 100,000 or so legal residents of your country, to be unable to enter it, separating them from their families, all because they are traveling from a Muslim majority nation, on a list he created based on entirely arbitrary data points, a list which he claims, falsely, is about the threat posed by persons in that nation.

As everyone who has functioning brain cells is aware, if you were going to start banning travel from nations based on the threat they pose to the United States and the amount of terror for which those nations have been responsible, the first thing to do would be to ground every single flight in America, because America paid for a damned sight more terrorism than any other nation has. Then you would ban the Saudi Arabian nation, because of course, they were the mechanism by which western funds wound up in the hands of terrorists, and they also export terrorism in the form of Wahhabism to other states in the Middle East and North Africa. But because they do not have bombs dropping on them, their criminal behaviour toward citizens of the world is irrelevant?

So, you have one hundred thousand individuals or so, these legal residents of the US, stuck in war torn places. These are people like interpreters, who were the go betweens for Western military units and locals in the area in dangerzones, for example. Their right to return to their place of residence, to actually reap the benefit of assisting Western forces at great risk to their lives and that of their families, has been violated. Their freedom of movement, which as legal residents of the US they ought to be entitled to under the law, in fact ARE entitled to under the law, has been infringed. Meanwhile, the ban does nothing effective to prevent terrorism, because it would not have prevented an attack like 9/11, since this ban does not cover Saudi Arabia, where fifteen out of the nineteen men who carried out the hijackings on that day came from.

If you can accept these things as par for the course, or the cost of doing business, or you just do not care about them enough to come out against these ridiculous measures, that would indicate that you do not believe that peoples rights have been infringed by these things, and the only way to believe that, is if you do not believe the individuals who are being hurt by it, are actually people.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What a thought. A president who travels to see the people.I find it refreshing that he is going to so many places and being part of the people who elected him. I'll let you know how it was...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
What a thought. A president who travels to see the people.I find it refreshing that he is going to so many places and being part of the people who elected him. I'll let you know how it was...

He isn't going to go see people. He is going campaigning. Instead of having an event that is open to the public, he is going to screen out and kick out any non-Trump supporters so it is just his adoring crowd. No questions about his policies and controversies. No protesters. No liberals.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Could you link me to something to substantiate those claims?

I'm not saying it's true or untrue I'm just skeptical and don't know of anything like that happening.

1) You said transgender's rights are being violated.
How?

2) You said 100,000 US citizens are not being allowed into the US.
Is this true?

I have a strong feeling you're blowing things out of proportion but hey maybe I'm wrong?

You made the claims though so hopefully you can share what you discovered that led to those conclusions. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Uh, yeah, he is going to see the people. Are you truly being serious saying he is campaigning? Anyone can get a ticket online. No one is excluded. I mean, where do you get this stuff sometimes? Like I said though I will let you know how it is.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No he really is campaigning. This event is being planned and funded by his campaign.
Campaign Over, President Trump Will Hold a (What Else?) Campaign Rally

“It’s being run by the campaign,” Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, said on Wednesday, without elaborating. He would not say why the president would be holding a campaign rally so soon after taking office.

I'm surprised you didn't know this.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Uh, yeah, he is going to see the people. Are you truly being serious saying he is campaigning? Anyone can get a ticket online. No one is excluded. I mean, where do you get this stuff sometimes? Like I said though I will let you know how it is.

In fact, he himself calls it a campaign rally.
link...

Asked about the event Wednesday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer called it “a campaign event” and said it is “being run by the campaign.”

And as others have pointed out, he filled for reelection on the day he took office.

See Wikipedia

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

This is with regard to the beginning of the rollback of Transgender rights...
www.independent.co.uk... 580201.html

Some further research on the matter of Trumps immigration ban...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I understand that the Huffington Post can be a problem for members here, and I can actually understand why, so here is a story about a family that has been broken up by the arbitrary and ridiculous order...
www.stltoday.com... 7-9ba7-6cb04dc1a9e0.html

And here is an article from the Mirror (not my favourite publication by any standard) about some of the people who lost family on 9/11 and how they feel about this ban, its effects and what it means to them as Americans...
www.mirror.co.uk...

There is way more out there on this. You and I have about the same respect for print media, I would warrant. But the thing is I still read it. I read all of it, all the biases, all the positions, from every conceivable angle. The reason I do this, is the same reason that satellites are usually launched with a camera or scope which can read more than just the visible part of the light spectrum. Viewing objects through just one lens, only teaches you so much about the object. Viewing things from all potential perspectives however, teaches you everything about it. It allows you to develop a complete picture, examine overlapping bias, identify issues within issues that have been overlooked, identify bias more clearly. In short, it creates a three dimensional understanding of events, rather than a poorly rendered caricature.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Trump may be paying people to attend the Melbourne rally.
source

The ad also prominently mentions merchandise tents at the rally, stating that rallygoers can “simply refer to this posting at any one of those merchandise stands and enjoy a complimentary gift or cash voucher as a gesture of appreciation for coming out to show your support.”

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

His new slogan (I kid you not... multiple sources...) as announced in an interview is Keep America Great. No, it's not the same as the last one (as he explains.)

The NEW one doesn't have an exclamation point.

No, really.

He'll probably trademark it, too.

Did you just derail your own thread?
Classic...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join