It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geoff Thompson Has Conquered FEAR-- And So Can You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I would like to reach out to each one of you wherever you may be, whether you find yourself in times of darkness or light, this message is a game changer.

I first saw Geoff Thompson interviewed on London Real about a year ago, and while his message was never entirely lost on me, I had to go back and review it tonight due to bad news regarding the health of someone I love dearly. The London Real interview is an hour long and though I urge you to seek it out (his story of the angel of death appearing to a friend of his as a blindingly beautiful being is incredible) I thought I'd first show you a short teaser and you can decide for yourself if you'd like to hear more.

This man is the real deal. Please take the time to hear his message of courage, forgiveness, and how to face your fears down (and what replaces them).

Here are a few quotes from the short talk:

Forgive my transcription; I was keeping a running tally as he spoke, so perhaps a few quotes are off..

Fear is what keeps us ordinary if we listen to it.
If I could overcome my fears I could live the live i really wanted to live. I could be free.
Each time I faced my fear the same thing happened. I became desensitized to the fear, the nature of the fear was liberated, and the energy (locked inside the fear) was transformed into personal power.
Each victory gave me the courage, the experience and the skill to face the next fear.
I needed to exorcise this demon from my mind I knew the only way to do that was forgive him.. forgive him.
The truth is fear is not real it’s an illusion the only breath it has is the breath we give it.

Please take 14 minutes to listen to this electifying speech. Do not be afraid! Your true potential awaits.

edit on 15-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Tonight I'm feeling a bit anxious, a few different fears run through my mind. I love and need to remind myself of that last line "fear is not real,it's an illusion' thank you for your post friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I've found that fear, anxiety, frustration, and depression can really be exacerbated by a poor/inflammatory/Merican diet. I've struggled with these problems since childhood, but it wasn't until I went primarily vegetarian that these problems really withered away.

Refined sugars, simple carbohydrates, low vitamin d (due to lack of sun exposure), and lack of exercise are probably the best way to let fear, anxiety, frustration and depression to take control of your life.

I think there is also a spiritual aspect, but simple physiological changes can make a world of difference.

edit on 15-2-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

I am truly glad to be able to pass on the message that was given to me when I needed it.. thank you for your kind comment. All the best to you my friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I think this is spot on. Excellent advice, thank you!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I've killed a 450lb boar with a screwdriver.
My whole fear thing is at a low level.
With the exception of big cockroaches.
I scream like a little bitch if one of those things lands on me.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Im going to give a vegetarian diet a try, being in NY hasn't been much sun either. Thank you

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ugh I have a story then that would keep you up at night

I'll just keep that one to myself.

Geoff began with his fear of spiders and once he had learned to pick them up without fear, moved on to bigger and deeper things until finally (as in video) he was able to confront.. and forgive.. the man who had molested him when he was 12.

Good stuff my man.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Im going to give a vegetarian diet a try, being in NY hasn't been much sun either. Thank you

Give it at least 2 weeks to do its magic. The first few days might be a little rough as you withdraw from refined sugars, but then the results should be blatantly obvious.

No bread, pasta, rice, or nuts. You can add them in later with STRICT moderation.

No fruit juice of any kind. Fruit juice doesn't have the fiber to slow sugar abortion, so it will be as bad as a can of soda. If you want orange juice, eat some oranges. Grape juice, eat some grapes.

Unpasteurized and unfiltered apple cider vinegar with "the mother" is really good too, for reduction of inflammation in the gut. The brain is one half of our emotional health. The other half is the gut.

Here is a really good video to explain how fear, depression, anxiety, etc. works within the body. Its all interconnected.

Best of luck. After a few weeks, you wont want to go back to your old habits.
edit on 15-2-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh, my. That really resonated with me. Fear is my biggest fear-it controls every part of me.

Thank you so much for sharing.

I have a lot of work to do.

Deeply touched.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Yes, his words are so powerful. Thank you so much for taking the time to watch! It is so brave admitting to your fear so thank you for that.. I, too, let it run my life and to what end?

Now for the fun part

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

Make sure you're getting adequate protein(see vegetarian alternatives) iron and D and B vitamins-supplements can help.

Also,-just an FYI-not all vegetarian diets are strictly vegan leaning such as lacto-ovo vegetarian and lacto-ovo-pectarian(dairy, eggs and fish). As it may help diary option wise to start off with that first for example instead jumping into a strict vegetarian diet.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

..barring molestation, of the subject in vid (going based off your report) I think the person to whom you replied was just joking about having no fear and who knows he may be right. Ah ah and he probably didn't look at the video nae did i.

Just like some don't need to utilize diets nae do I or need to coach ourselves out of fear of nothing. That excludes "molestation" the likes of which some of us may or may not have gone.

It was a joke. Probably not denial. Didn't watch the video. Vids run slow. Don't go heavy. he's my brothaa.

edit on 16-2-2017 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to read and comment!
Yeah, I guess I knew the poster was probably joking
Although the visual of him (I'm guessing he but she would be just as impressive) killing a boar with a screwdriver was tremendous I'll admit.
I suppose I was trying to gently imply that this was no joke.

I understand people's wariness of "life coaches", believe me. I agree!
Some people are just worth listening to though. This guy is one of them.

To me, even more powerful than Geoff's message of conquering fear is his message of forgiveness. I think he was saying that actively working on his fears by confronting that which scared him most gave him the strength and courage to face the man who had ruined his childhood (he saw him in a chance meeting and was immediately paralyzed by fear.. very intense).

He went up to him, told him who he was.. told him he had ruined him and then said.. "I forgive you." These words especially struck me, from OP:

"I needed to exorcise this demon from my mind I knew the only way to do that was forgive him.. forgive him."

Now this action has nothing to do with the molester (who later hung himself) but everything to do with the wronged. He freed himself from his childhood demon through forgiveness and reducing his fears to nothing!

Amazing stuff.

top topics

join