It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Admiral Harward Expected to be Named National Security Adviser

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

His father was stationed in Iran while in the Navy. That's why he went to high school there. Most students are probably there because their parents are military or otherwise work there.
He also speaks Farsi. I think the experience living there will help him when dealing with the Middle East.

He seems like a good choice. Plenty of experience in military, intelligence, and managing a large business.

I hope that he cleans up the Intelligence agencies.

edit on 2/16/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It is interesting that at one time, so many Americans were stationed there.

I find it curious that many people believe in this idea that these people are out for your/America's best interests. They might in fact be Military-industry insiders (i.e. The Military Industrial Complex), that will foment wars and would not mind putting thousands or millions of people to death to make a buck or to accomplish agendas for special interests. Of course I cant say for sure, but if it be the case, we're not talking about nice guys.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: JinMI

just weird that US gov't insiders would choose to have a school there, considering the current relationship US has with them. What would be the motivation (other than that maybe their parents were spending a lot of time there)?

It seems the students were isolated from the Iranians -

Frontline has reported that historically most students did not have many Iranian friends and "led lives fairly isolated from Iranian society".

----

The senior high school division opened by 1960. In May 1973 the school had 1,400 students.

The last superintendent, i.e., principal of the entire school, Dr. William Keough, was seized in the Iran hostage crisis in 1979

Back when that school was in operation the US had a very good relationship with Iran.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

just weird that US gov't insiders would choose to have a school there, considering the current relationship US has with them. What would be the motivation (other than that maybe their parents were spending a lot of time there)?

It seems the students were isolated from the Iranians -

Frontline has reported that historically most students did not have many Iranian friends and "led lives fairly isolated from Iranian society".

Uhm... I can see that you're not a military brat?

We typically lived in US military compounds in these countries. We went to whatever base had a school with our grade level (so during high school, I was bused about 35 miles (one way) to get to my high school.) Since we lived in the compound, we usually didn't interact with local kids our age (our friends were all from the base itself) though we would go into the town or village and buy things and talk to the shop keepers and other adults in the town. We might take lessons from local people (I took horseback riding in Germany.)

Our schools had courses in the local language and some of our teachers would be from that country (bilingual. I had several teachers who were German.)

His experience would be like mine.

edit on 16-2-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

My husband like this guy, after all been a retired Marine he likes military background in areas in our nations national security areas.

He didn't wanted Petrous, but this guy is so far better choice.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Riffrafter

The fact that he worked with Mattis is a huge bonus.

They may actually get this one right after all...

Almost as if it was planned....

He seems a perfect fit honestly.

I think I know what you're saying, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Trump has shown that he will pick who he wants and do what he wants.

Why would he have picked Flynn just to hang him out to dry in some sort of planned "event" that is now starting to cripple his own administrations ability to govern?

Maybe I'm missing something...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well, bummer. Vice Admiral Harward was the only Trump appointee so far, that I could get behind, but it appears that he has turned down the offer.

My guess is that privately, he doesn't want any part of this current sh*tshow.
reuters

According to sources* this was his reason for declining:

Two sources familiar with the decision said Harward turned down the job in part because he wanted to bring in his own team. That put him at odds with Trump, who had told Flynn's deputy, K.T. McFarland, that she could stay.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
He turned it down because he didn't want to be apart of the Trump circus.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

LOL, my guess was close.

A friend of Harward's says he was reluctant to take NSA job bc the WH seems so chaotic; says Harward called the offer a "# sandwich."

Jake Tapper

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It is very telling, that a man who willingly served in Afghanistan and Iraq will not serve in Bannon's oops, Trump's White House.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

A friend of Harward's says he was reluctant to take NSA job bc the WH seems so chaotic; says Harward called the offer a "# sandwich.

That description nails it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Too bad but I would surmise he doesn't want anything bad on his spectacular career. That should really make the POTUS take pause when a man of Hawards stature is refusing to serve in such a high capacity.

I did like the "he said, he said" Tapper quote. Media is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Admiral Harward's personality would have been better suited to a President Jeb Bush administration. Harward and Trump are too much alike. Both "bull headed".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join