It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter to Crack Down on Politically Incorrect Language

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I love how people always yell about Freedom of Speech for stuff like this. It shows they have no clue what that really means or where it applies in their life.

They should be yelling about what a crap education they have. Because had they got a good one they would know that Freedom of Speech doesn't apply in most of their arguments to begin with.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The only one I saw say anything about free speech was the twitter user. They can do whatever they wish. The fact that they are choosing to censor and moderate certain speech should be made widely known, as I'm sure it will.

Something else should be ready to take its place.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The issue may be that they are limiting and modifying content without letting people know. They are altering how interactions happen without people knowing.

Scott Adams noticed they are hiding tweets without anyone including the user knowing its being hidden. They are shadownbanning conservatives and libertarians.

The problem imo is not censoring. It is that they are purposely deceiving a ton of people. If the people all knew they were being shadowbanned they would all leave the platform.
The media should be covering this and it should be hurting their brand. Purposely deceiving people in order to manipulate people with whitelist, blacklist, and shadowbanning is not what twitter brands itself.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I was talking about the user. But not just him although it is in this case. But every time this same thing happens on facebook or whatever it's always someone calling free speech. But as you and I know, there is no such thing as free speech when using some platform designed by someone else. They can edit whatever they want because it's theirs.

Free speech is about stopping the Government from censoring people. That's it. It doesn't even include protection from another person stopping your free speech. Just from government doing it.

There is nothing saying we can just say whatever we want whenever we want with total safety. Some places you can be restricted from speaking. Others you simply take a chance and something might or might not happen as a result. Then others you might actually be able to say whatever you want. But there isn't some clear cut rule that protects all speech all the time from everything.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

This isn't new. You can only tweet so many times in a certain period of time (I forget what) before your account is locked for a couple of hours. You can read but can't tweet. It's called Twitter jail.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I had to snicker at the thought of Trump in twitter jail sitting on a golden throne!

From what I read this is new and not the same as a spam lock. It's just not going to post anything that is not PC.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I wonder what'll happens when Twitter inevitably goes bankrupt because their unpopular and totalitarian business practices?

What will the word be for an annoying, random factoid posted on a website? Since it won't be "tweet" anymore.

Mad times I say!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Dunno, I don't see any TC update. I think it's people just crying. I'm willing to put my Twitter account on the line to test it out. Anyone else?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I don't sub to twitter but be my guest.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I don't know what to tweet. I was going to say John McCain is a traitor but I looked again and the tweet that supposedly got the person in trouble was a tweet TO McCain. I can see that falling under harassment. I'll just tweet it without the @ and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I was banned from Twitter about 3 weeks ago and you know what? I deleted the piece of sh*t from my phone and iPad.
Some people think the Leftists are bad around here, try dealing with them on Twitter.

edit on 16-2-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Vice Versa...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Got retweeted but didn't get in trouble.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Does this apply?

Some users are receiving notices their accounts are limited for 12 hours, meaning only people who follow them can see their tweets or receive notifications. When they are retweeted, people outside their network can’t see those retweets.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Nope. Joan who ever isn't in my network.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Fair enough.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

More victims of an imaginary war.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join