It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why for Americans does everything have to be Libral or Right wing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Heres the thing.....your on the left I am on the right.

But i still respect you and your views even if I disagree with many of them.

But I am happy to find common ground.

And I notice this with most Brits on ATS.
Left or right we generally have friendly debates(the exception if a certain scottish member is around! Haha) , they might get heated but at the end we all walk away laughing and would buy pints rather than have a punch up if it was in person.

Americans? Well if some of these debates where in person they wpuld likely end up in punch ups! Hell look at the violence in protests across the USA to see that!
edit on 16-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Do
edit on 16-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Precisely.

I know, and you know, that our understanding of matters is based on experience and research, not indoctrination. On that level, we can respect one another, because we know that although our direction may be different, we trust one another that our intention is for the benefit of our nation, our people, the human race more broadly. We trust that futures stewarded by people who at least think about these things properly, are going to be better in any case, than those who do not.

However, we also accept that the reason we can trust one another on these things, enough to respect one another, is that we are NOT slaves to a concept, but accept concepts because they pass rational examination. That is not the case with the beliefs and attitudes of the polarised American political spectrum. For a start, they have a left wing which is corporatist, which means that they are, in fact, the right side of centrist. This starts them off from a bad place, because it means that a whole segment of the population will NEVER be represented properly. It also gives them a false impression of what different political positions actually amount to, mean, where they issue from, and how they can be implemented. It also makes it easier for those who govern, to indoctrinate.

If you can tell a person that the left means the same corporate involvement in the system as the right does, if you can convince a whole country that there is NO party which is prepared to nationalise what ought to be nationalised, and regulate the corporate world correctly, then the whole concept becomes alien to the population.

Its madness.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
In my opinion, the whole political arena is scripted. They've been choosing our presidents for us, and have been for quite a while. They make it seem like they're elected, but in reality, TPTB choose the victor in each election.

As others have rightly pointed out, they keep us divided intentionally, so that we'll never unite and see our true common enemy. The conspiracy theorists are correct: there is an elite cabal of super-rich, super-powerful psychos at the top of everything, and they represent neither Republitards or Democraps, but simply use those concepts as a vehicle to divide us.

Could they be steering us toward a second civil war in the US? That almost seems too obvious at this point. Maybe the west will back up the leftists that want to oust Trump and Russia will back up Trump and the alt-right. Who knows?

At any rate, I believe they're following a script that was written long, long ago--the end game of which is a nuclear WWIII followed by a one-world government. They'll intentionally keep us divided until the end, when suddenly all the media will stop focusing on our differences and "wedge-issues," but will then give us the warm fuzzies by reminding us of all our many common values and interests, and will unite us under one "messiah" type leader.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: TheBulk

Not really. Lines are abit more blurred here.

Even brexit some lefties voted to leave and some conservatives voted to stay. Hence why the mess and confusion in parliment as none of the parties are unified in what they want.

the only way to manage your government is to keep them baffled.

I promote libertarianism. NOt because I think it viable (i know it isn't...people are assholes), but because its a good mix of the 2 ideologies. Keep em baffled.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
It is actually a fairly new situation for us
Not really. It has been this way for as long as I can remember, with the "If you're not on the left or right then where are you" mantra attached to it. Look at this site. Folks don't even respond to moderates here. It's as if we're non-existent,even though some label us "extreme center."
edit on 16-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It's part to keep a third party from gaining power. Absorb the other parties. It's more of a front to control the masses. I've come to realize that it is really the rich versus the rest of us. How the rich will mold the masses with their influence. The other part of it is to stay in power to maintain the secrets. They are the keepers of secrets. That's why term or time limits on serving will never happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's because the left and right consider it "extreme center." You know, extremes are only acceptable if it's extremely leftist or rightist in our society. It's "legit" then.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Have anybody watching Trumps presidential address right now,

He is talking about the problems going on and what the administration has accomplished without having a full cabinet.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You are seeing the vocal minority in action on ATS. With the explosion of social media, and complete anonymity, people, especially the extremely small group of Americans who have chosen to let politics become their identity, sound off without a care, and many times in the most abusive and disgusting of ways. If on these sites, they were forced to use their real names and locations, they would mainly be silent, as they are outside of the safe room of the internet.

Our local paper used to allow for aliases in commenting on news stories on the website. It was a mess of exactly what you see here, regardless of the story. One day, they switched to forcing everyone to register with their real names and it was all verified prior to activating the ability to post comments. Now, all of those gutless internet warriors are gone.

Mainly, Americans simply keep their political beliefs to themselves and they happily work and play along side others of various political and religious beliefs, various races, ages, sexual orientations, etc. What you read here and other places where politics is a big player, is the vocal minority and they most certainly do not represent even a sixteenth of the American public. And not all, but most of these vocal types would never even consider uttering a single sentence of the garbage they post regarding liberals or conservatives on the internet.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

You know you are right, I am from the silent majority, I don't tweet, don't Facebook and this is the only place I visit.

I refuse now to talk about politics in public.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I am 44 when I was a young un... while people were on separate sides of the aisle, they could generally be counted on to actually work together....

Now if you agree to work with the other side on anything you seem to get voted out... Unless you Mccain we cant pay someone to take his fricking position.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Because liberals call anyone who is not as far left as them Right Wing.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join