It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why for Americans does everything have to be Libral or Right wing?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's a world I wanna live in.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What you see in the news, or on social media, or even here at ATS isn't an accurate reflection of America IMO. The division is highlighted in an attempt to foster even more division

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

In real life, it is not this way.
This is only a picture painted by the Lamestream Media.

That is true a lot of it is. Same with social media and people, who follow it religiously believing that their opposite is doing this or that in majority.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Best reply of the week, I laughed out loud!! Thank youa reply to: WilliamtheResolute

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I think social media can amplifie the MSM division efforts.

It used to be life was more like a game of soccer where we
would discuss, play, win and lose, then all go have a good
time afterwards.

Now with MSM, they work hard to drive wedges, fear based,
class based, as people choose sides with which Media opinion,
then they post to their wall and it furthers division.

At least in my opinion....

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: agent404

As an Independent I must say, if you vote Republican or Democrat, then you're Not an Independent. Independent is something some seem to attach to themselves without really knowing what it means.
It's kind of like Paul Ryan calling himself a Libertarian;yes, he actually described himself as a Libertarian... He isn't even close. Paul Ryan is about as Neocon, extreme right, as they come. He either doesn't know what a Libertarian is, or he was trying to gain a portion of the Libertarian bloc.
edit on 15-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I am neither liberal nor right wing.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Short answer: it doesn't have to be.

I rarely support any one candidate 100%, so I have to pick the one that represents the majority of the things I believe are most important. Unfortunately, once a candidate starts to get some support in this country whomever the "other" party is immediately gangs up on him/her and attacks mercilessly. This has the effect of polarizing those who would have been more middle of the road. Perfect example was the last election. I absolutely hate hillary clinton. I think she is one of if not the biggest criminals there has ever been in politics. Liberals identified with her and her agenda. Whether she identified with them and their agenda is beside the point as she modified her agenda to suit whomever she was speaking to at the moment. There was no way I could vote for her and ever look at myself in a mirror again. So, by default, I became a supporter of whomever had the best chance to beat her. In this case Trump. He would not have been my first choice for President, but given the choice between the two, well it was obvious for me.

It is unfortunate that in this country more people actually identify with the ideals and agenda of the independent candidates but they simply don't stand a chance. When one of the big parties is willing to rig primaries against one of their own candidates and has the media feeding them questions from the debates ahead of time, the little independent guy doesn't stand a chance.

I honestly believe that if our elections were entirely free of fraud and criminal influence the independent candidate would win every time.
edit on 15-2-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't know. I wish I did.

But you can almost feel it in the air. The static. The charge. The smashing of energy contained in people's ideologies.

I can hear the call to arms, faint as it may be. But it will grow stronger in the upcoming days.

It is time to solidify the foundations of belief. It is time to choose a path.

This reality is a mix of the physical and spiritual, yin and yang. I believe that here in the states we have been living through the spiritual for a long time now. It is the physical that is now being born anew and we will all experience it in the near future.

As the rules of this reality dictate, the stronger side will prevail.

Exciting times.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Question to American members.

Why does everything have to be pigeon holed to being a full blown libral or full blown right winger?

Why does everything have to be black or white?

Why left or right do you have to support a candidate 100% like drones?
Trump or Clinton I saw members or continue to see members parroting party BS and blindly following.

Why if you disagree on one topic does that automatically make you a "libitard " or a wing-nut"?

In one thread I am called rightwing by librals but on another thread I am called a liberal.

I identify primarily as a conservative but because I dont parrot the party line 100% and disagree one or two things that makes me a commie liberal?

It confuses me why everything has to be so black and white?

Why can one not think for themselves rather than have a politician or the media do there thinking for them?

Its because you're witnessing the final stages of liberty and the initiation of fascism, on a social level.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
How well would a non binary party work?
The whole lefty righty thing is becoming more and more absurd.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Because the internet and social media gave people a voice and at the same time media outlets run 24-7 so everyone gets exposed to(armed with) the animated expressiveness(sensationalism) of blame, labeling, lambasting and divisiveness. I think the 'belonging to a group' social aspect contributes as well. Perhaps the round the clock stimulus triggers the human 'bully' trait and mob mentality also.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
money.

the news over here is "for profit". it wasnt always that way, but now it is. that means that the news has to get eyeballs to up their ratings, which ups the amount of money that they can charge for ads. extreme views increases eyeballs. confirmation bias increases eyeballs.

why think about an issue if the news will do that for you and tell you what you want to here? americans are known for many things, thinking things through in a nuanced fashion is not one of them.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I'd suspect the extreme sides of of political spectrum are designed that way to keep Americans convinced that they're limited to only two choices.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Its because they want you to fight, and be in disharmony, and at the same time it causes confusion.

Defining everything into left/right creates like a closed state of mind, as if you can't have a compromise, nor does it motivate searching or striving for one.

It creates/supports the stupid football mentality, like - my team against yours.

----

Not surprised if part of Psyops.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I am a right winger in self defence, other wise I get the extreme leftist BS shoved down my throat and I am not the only one that feels that way. That's why Trump won in November.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It is actually a fairly new situation for us, they (republicans and democrats) must keep us divided or we will realize the vast majority of free thinking Americans are not very different and that we have more options than the two broken parties...

So they will lose money, power, and perceived prestige... so they must beat the narrative of us against them... or they become completely and totally irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I lean to the right naturally.

But I dont just jump on every politician, idea, or bandwagon of the right.
I support immigration restrictions but I am against Bombing Iran.

I am pro low corporation tax and less regulation but against Religion in government.

I am fpr harsh punishment for violent crime but pro drug decriminalisation.
Ect

I am pro slashing welfare but against torture and detention without tria.

As for yhe loony left. I recognise them for what they. A small but unfortunately vocal minority of the left.
edit on 16-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

The problem is not that the system exists to divide people. As you rightly stated, we have that system operating here in the UK as well. However, while we may be divided on some issues, the percentage of the population of this country which is capable of being utterly hoodwinked by the machinations of government, is relatively small. There are pockets, small ones, of people either side of the dividing lines, who are incapable of seeing the good in the other side, but they are relatively few when compared with the whole.

The trouble with America is, that people on both sides talk a good mid term game, freedom, liberty, and all that jazz. But they attach standards to the candidates they get behind, that those candidates do not possess, like morality, ethical awareness, fairness, tolerance, and above all a sense of duty to the people. We in the UK know that our political class is nearly entirely devoid of any of these things, and we make our choices according to that. But there are those in America who put their hearts into these candidates, despite the fact that any reasonable person would have known that a choice between Clinton and Trump, was only ever a choice between whether they wanted to be lied to by an overtly right wing, fascist bigot in the form of Trump, or whether the secretly right wing, fascist bigot Clinton, would be preferable. They were both going to do awful things to the population, wreck the lives of the working class, mangle business legislation and keep the rich rich, and the poor poor. Only the methods differ. The aims are the same.

And yet, to hear some people talk, you would have thought that Trump is the second coming of Jesus, for all the right are covered, from tip of nostril to chin in the effluent leaking from his rear end.
edit on 16-2-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Technology and the speed of information has been used as a tool to spin anyone who gravitated towards the center of unity to the farthest boundaries. Humanity has become a delightful experiment not unlike the hadron collider. Instead of smashing atoms, the elite are smashing individuals together with power and intent to separate us into our most primal chaotic form. Happy Unbirthday Charlie Manson!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join