It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why for Americans does everything have to be Libral or Right wing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Question to American members.

Why does everything have to be pigeon holed to being a full blown libral or full blown right winger?

Why does everything have to be black or white?

Why left or right do you have to support a candidate 100% like drones?
Trump or Clinton I saw members or continue to see members parroting party BS and blindly following.

Why if you disagree on one topic does that automatically make you a "libitard " or a wing-nut"?

In one thread I am called rightwing by librals but on another thread I am called a liberal.

I identify primarily as a conservative but because I dont parrot the party line 100% and disagree one or two things that makes me a commie liberal?

It confuses me why everything has to be so black and white?

Why can one not think for themselves rather than have a politician or the media do there thinking for them?
edit on 15-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
2 sides of the same coin. Controlled opposition to fool the masses.

link   
2 sides of the same coin. Controlled opposition to fool the masses.

link   
Actually, most Americans are independents.
edit on 15-2-2017 by agent404 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Because we are less of a threat when we are divided.

Controlled opposition and distraction.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Good question.....I always viewed myself as a moderate fiscal Conservative but as soon as the culture wars started to heat up and the future of America hung in the balance.....I transformed into a racist, alt-right fascist. Apparently I can morph at the speed of light.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
it`s not like that in real life nobody cares what political affiliation their family and friends are in fact it`s rarely if ever discussed.
The reason you see so much of it on the internet is because people who care about that and want to discuss it have to come on the internet to do it, because most people in real life don`t care about it and don`t want to discuss it with them.
edit on 15-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Because politics as we know it today is meant to divide people and it's been very successful these days. Lots of people are partisan hacks. No matter what their camp does they will defend, praise, lie, and deny for them to the end of time. With this line of thinking you become very aggressive, especially if you're party is full of nitwits and corruption. Both parties are fully corrupt but according to many it's only the other party that is corrupt, not theirs.

So in order to defend your party you must become a school yard bully. Deflection is the main weapon but name calling is always the go to means of attack. This will destroy any serious adult political conversation, especially if many posters of similar political ideology team up.

Just an easy recipe for online political discussion devolution.

Don't you guys across the pond deal with the same thing?
edit on 15-2-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

Ummm...dude...fix your OP title...

Stop posting while drunk...

YouSir

link   

What makes you think it's any different where you're from? Brexit, Vs non Brexit and I'm betting the politics of both sides fall along the same lines.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Not really. Lines are abit more blurred here.

Even brexit some lefties voted to leave and some conservatives voted to stay. Hence why the mess and confusion in parliment as none of the parties are unified in what they want.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Because the propaganda is strong in this country, and our citizens are easily led lemmings.

Add in fluoride and all the medications and illegal substances rotting people's minds. We're ripe for the picking.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Not to the same extent.

And we rarely have anyone following candidates like a cult.

Even if we support someone we will quite happily call them out on any BS.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Apparently it's ingrained culturally in this country. It's also a perfect way of keeping control. That helps props up the Two Party system to remain in power.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I was listening to Julian Assange talking with Noam Chomsky and Tariq Ali . Tariq brought up the term extreme center .This can apply to the left and the right but it can also apply to the center itself . Just when I though it couldn't get more complicated it did . Or did it ... It actually might be a better way of looking at it ,instead of having a moving target we get to see the core of the matter .See you in the middle everyone

I think this is the vid

edit on 15-2-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
From a right of center position I'm often categorized and accordingly insulted and shamed by those strictly on the left or right of every issue.

Some Americans let partisan politics do all of their thinking for them, it's often painfully obvious when most of them in some for or another endlessly echo the talking points of their chosen political religion. Faithful followers of the herd, to the end.

edit on 15-2-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Because politics as we know it today is meant to divide people and it's been very successful these days. Lots of people are partisan hacks. No matter what their camp does they will defend, praise, lie, and deny for them to the end of time. With this line of thinking you become very aggressive, especially if you're party is full of nitwits and corruption. Both parties are fully corrupt but according to many it's only the other party that is corrupt, not theirs.

So in order to defend your party you must become a school yard bully. Deflection is the main weapon but name calling is always the go to means of attack. This will destroy any serious adult political conversation, especially if many posters of similar political ideology team up.

Just an easy recipe for online political discussion devolution.

What about if it isn't about Democrats vs Republicans or Liberals vs Conservatives? Can we stop with the labels we have been given to work with?

What if it is about people that agree with the principles the country was founded on vs the people who don't agree with said principles?

Then the other labels may not really apply so we can stop infighting and possibly discuss IDEAS that may make our country better or may not. But at least we can discuss it without rancor.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It's a human nature thing, which despite it being a core subject in my studies of human socio-political psychology studies for over a decade, I still don't have all the answers for it.

But you see it everywhere: Christian's vs. Atheists, republicans vs. democrat's, Sunni vs. Shiiite's, black vs. white, and on & on it goes..............
edit on 15-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You are correct of course that nothing is black and white. I doubt that even 10% of people who belong to a party can check off line by line that they agree with everything their party does in D.C.

But then when you have a few core beliefs on what is right and support the side that aligns with them, you do not want to see that side ripped into on false claims and distorted truths.

Over time this can build into something like a rabid sports fan. Thats when one needs to take a step back.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

In real life, it is not this way.
This is only a picture painted by the Lamestream Media.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join