It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I accept the existence of the paranormal?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Yea, we've had ghost children in our house, too. We think picked them up near two different cemeteries. They were here for a year or two then we stopped seeing evidence of them quite as often. The one still pops in from time to time to say hi.

It also seems we have some kind of throughway in the house between the back bedroom & the closet by the front door. We see shadows & sometimes whole people dart across the living room. Sometimes it's just footsteps while we're all sitting down. The dogs (all 3) will all of a sudden point at a blank space in the air for no visible reason. We've checked for mice in the walls or shadows from curtains or the lamps but nothing to explain why they'd all be pointing on a mid-air empty space. Who knows?

We also seem to have a house ghost that shares her time between my house, my mom's & my sister's. She hides things then puts them back after you've looked there; she turns on music or changes the station; she likes to play. I usually hear jingle bells when she's up to something. At the same time, I think she might be my gate keeper & helps me not be overrun by people trying to talk to me.

Communication used to be mostly by pictures & a chalkboard. I rarely heard spirits with my ears but more like directly putting images & words into my brain. Since my stroke, I lost my visual memory so the flashcards didn't work the same, there are two specific spots on my skull that feel like fingers pressing when someone wants to talk & for lack of a better explanation, just put their voice/words in my brain. I don't "hear"...I just all of a sudden "know" something. It's really weird!! It does take some getting used to & sometimes turning it off is tough. If you come across a spirit with alot to say whose been looking for someone who can hear them for ages, it's tough to escape them.
edit on 02/14/17 by LittleBurgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

There is an online training program for free.

Page 1 of 4 – Self-Guided Intuitive/ Psychic Training Program.

www.manifestintuition.com...

You can get some good information from here.

Here is one to be tested.

www.psychic-test.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleBurgh

Yea, we've had ghost children in our house, too. We think picked them up near two different cemeteries. They were here for a year or two then we stopped seeing evidence of them quite as often. The one still pops in from time to time to say hi.

It also seems we have some kind of throughway in the house between the back bedroom & the closet by the front door. We see shadows & sometimes whole people dart across the living room. Sometimes it's just footsteps while we're all sitting down. The dogs (all 3) will all of a sudden point at a blank space in the air for no visible reason. We've checked for mice in the walls or shadows from curtains or the lamps but nothing to explain why they'd all be pointing on a mid-air empty space. Who knows?

We also seem to have a house ghost that shares her time between my house, my mom's & my sister's. She hides things then puts them back after you've looked there; she turns on music or changes the station; she likes to play. I usually hear jingle bells when she's up to something. At the same time, I think she might be my gate keeper & helps me not be overrun by people trying to talk to me.

Communication used to be mostly by pictures & a chalkboard. I rarely heard spirits with my ears but more like directly putting images & words into my brain. Since my stroke, I lost my visual memory so the flashcards didn't work the same, there are two specific spots on my skull that feel like fingers pressing when someone wants to talk & for lack of a better explanation, just put their voice/words in my brain. I don't "hear"...I just all of a sudden "know" something. It's really weird!! It does take some getting used to & sometimes turning it off is tough. If you come across a spirit with alot to say whose been looking for someone who can hear them for ages, it's tough to escape them.

Yauuugh! You just gave me chills because I forgot that my dog will walk down the hallway, stop and start growling while she backs up. I also lost my keys once, looked everywhere for them for 3 days while I used my spare and kept my back door unlocked. When I reached on top of the fridge to get my vapor juice, my keys were at the bottom of the small wicker basket I keep my vapor stuff in. I know damn good and well I didn't reach up there, pull everything out, and stick my keys in there. I also see the fast moving shadows out of the corner of my eye.

None of it freaks me out, it actually makes me feel safe. This reminds me of the only time I've been freaked out in that house... I was in the kitchen cooking supper one time and my ex's son (17 at the time) had a friend coming to pick him up. I was the only one home at the time and I got a phone call from him. He said "Hey tell mom to stop staring out the window, she's really starting to scare my friend. She said mom keeps giving her these evil looks." I said "Are you #ing kidding me???? I'm the only one home and I'm in the Kitchen!" That's the only time I've been freaked out. I got chills while I typed that out.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I just read the article you recommended & it reminded me of the "chicken soup" lady who shows up in my house from time to time. She's been here as long as 3 days but usually just pops in & out with her delicious smelling, homemade chicken soup. I don't think my family is clairvoyant for smell but two of us having experienced smelling the chicken soup at different times even to the point of waking us up from sleeping overnight. There have been time where we've been sitting 2' apart in the living room but only one of us smells the soup. I like the soup lady as she always reminds me of my great grandmother & grandmother who always seemed to have homemade chicken soup bubbling away on the stove no matter when we got there.

I took the quiz, too. I'm not sure on the validity given it's simplicity but I'll go with it. It did rule out clairvoyance for smell but otherwise, I'm awesome! 😀😀😀

Thanks for the links. I think I'll read the materials in the courses and see how it goes.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Sorry about the chills! "Informer's" post did the same to me. I'd forgotten about our "chicken soup lady"!!!

And, yes, keys are one of Georgie's favorite things to hide. We go batty looking for them then suddenly they're back in the basket or in the middle of the floor ( that one might have been a wallet) and even once, the dog slipped out the front door & brought them in....Except how would we have gotten inside yesterday if the keys had been dropped outside??? And, he went right to them so how did the dog know what we were looking for?? Hmmm..Strange things happen around me!! LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleBurgh

I had object disappear and reappear many times in my house, I have gotten so used to it, that I tell my partner, it will turn up sooner or later.

There are times I am working on my art projects at the kitchen table and I would lay down a pair of scissors, within a minute they would vanished and I had not left the table.

Now I keep more than one pair of scissors on the table when working. Very strange indeed.

The energy I pick up in my house seems good, I do not believe it is malicious, and have accepted it. I had a partner of 20 years, pass away over five years ago. I believe it is him, he was a prankster in real life.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleBurgh

Only you would get this.
"MAGIC SPITBALL"!
Phantom whistles.... having a conversation in the kitchen when a clear as day voice says "Hello" with perfect influx in tone.

Yep! I was once a Skeptic.🤗

Edit: I must say, at the time I needed it most.
The non-corporeal literally handed it to me on a Silver Platter.
Thank you... I never knew of my Great Uncle that died in Normandy "Utah".
Or his twin that died as a baby.

edit on 18-2-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yea, really... at least Georgie stopped shooting spitballs at you!! You were so mad at us thinking we'd done it!!! Glad you figured out there was no way was it could have given the seating arrangement.

Telling you we had a house ghost was one of the strangest conversations I've ever had. LOL 👻👻👻. Then it got even stranger when I had to tell you stuff about your family... Whomever it was that was bugging me to tell you was driving me batty so I finally just had to tell you. 🔮 Sorry for freaking out your Dad. 😀 There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who, what or when things randomly appear in my mind. I wish there was so I could manage it better. But, I just finally gave into my unusual thing & life goes on.

Have a good afternoon!!!
~LB

<< 1  2   >>

join