It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I accept the existence of the paranormal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

This knowledge or ability comes to you and its in the form of a voice within your head... This presents two possibilities... The first possibility is that you have developed a mental disorder... However if this voice is telling you things which are later proven to have been foresight it would then be the second possibility... The second possibility would be comunication with an entity that is not human with supernatural abilities... This is known as a locution... Now this can either be a blessing or something rather the opposite... You see these locutions are actually communication with what we deem angels or demons...
You are not psychic this is not derived by you this information is fed to you by these locutions... Now I dont want to alarm you but you are actually in danger spiritually... If this was coming from angels the information you would receive would be very specific and you would be told outright who was giving you the information and for what purpose...

Can you tell me of your religious background if any?
edit on 16-2-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

How do I accept the existence of the paranormal?

Who cares about acceptance? You don't need to know how a clock works to use it.

I myself used to be scientist, a view which I felt clashed with my own abilities. I eventually did find scientific support for paranormal phenomenons. But I realised that all the proofs in the world don't help you have faith in yourself. Believing in yourself is something that only you will eventually achieve.

The world is full of crazy stuff, not all which can be explained, and many of which will never be explained. Might as well just accept your experience as empirical evidence by themselves, and become better based on the errors or victories you'll get.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
At around the middle of May I started accidentally discovered I had Psychic abilities.

Psy abilities are quite 'normal'. Nature.
What makes them 'para-'?
It is not beyond the scope of scientific understanding!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
edit on 16-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Acid trips are no good

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Being outside of the cave looking a the real creation and the going back in talking to the cave dwellers is a shook sometimes.

I was a non believer that got more information.
edit on 16-2-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I have seen ghosts since i was a small child,
I have met and communicated telepathically with "alien" life,
I have walked in the world of the dead, and in the worlds that are right next to ours.

To answer your question, i have no idea, reality seems to become more complex every time you learn something new about it,
for every answer, you get a thousand questions.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I consider being part of the paranormal club a curse. In addition to not belonging to the mainstream community (aka the world where people don't believed in the paranormal) I am also an outcast to even many of my fellow Psychics.

Let me be honest with you many of the Psychics I see are either fakes or are just too New Agey.

In fact if I ever openly express my views I will be attacked. Actually I made a thread about my theory about how only a few people reincarnate and people simply attacked me.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Justso

Well I tried messaging to some and they didn't answer. Many of them are haven't been logged in for a long time.

and yet with their abilities, you'd think they would have already responded

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

To accept the existence, you just need to believe or experience the paranormal. My sister sees dead people sometimes as well, but doesn't know how to communicate with them. It all started for her around the time she was 27 or so. I, too, have seen spirits but I've never communicated with them, nor have they communicated with me other than the time I dreamed of an old friend who was killed in a car wreck. She told me that something bad was about to happen but she didn't tell me what. She asked me for a hug, she was ice cold and stiff when I hugged her, then dead kittens started falling all around me and dying when they hit the ground at the truck stop I was at. That dream woke me up, in a cold sweat, at 4:10 am and I'd just arrived on location for a frac job, I got to ride out that particular morning and had fallen asleep on the 2 hour drive. As soon as we started to frac, we got about a mile down and the ground shook, our casing had exploded and we had to shut everything down. While sitting in our trucks waiting on word for our next move, a coworker came across our comm and said one of the twin towers in New York had just been bombed. We all tuned into that station in our truck cabs and heard about the second being hit. The date September 11, 2001.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Well I experienced the paranormal via seeing spirits. However, I have trouble adjusting. There are days when I wished I wake up and find out it's all a dream.
edit on 2/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well I experienced the paranormal via seeing spirits. However, I have trouble adjusting. There are days when I wished I wake and find out it's all a dream.

I doubt that day will ever come so what you have to do is find a way to cope with it and/or use it to your advantage. Once it starts, there's no stopping it. I've seen my fair share of spirits but never communicated, like I said above. I'd trade places with you if I could.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Oh I will gladly do it with you. In fact I am more than willing.

But the reality is yeah your right, I have to live with it.

But why would you wanna be a medium? This ain't a freakin' movie.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
People seem to think we live in an age where science "has all of the answers" and those things it doesn't have the answer for "aren't real." That's the reality of the world we live in.
As with all things, there's the truth and then there's the TRUTH. Science has never, nor has it ever claimed to be the sole bearer of the TRUTH. However, in an increasingly materialistic society, that rank has been thrusted upon science and it's method.
Now, does the paranormal exist? From the perspective of someone who has had several odd experiences in my life, it assuredly does. However, no matter how true that may be, I can't expect someone without a frame of reference to be able to relate to those experiences to any degree. Does that make it any less real? No.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It's quite likely that you did have "paranormal" experiences as a child but took no note of them because it was a normal thing in your life. Children, with or without abilities, often talk about Grandma or Grandpa as if they know them even though the grandparents passed away prior to the child's birth. There are some who theorize that some of children's imaginary friends are actually spirits.

It's also not uncommon for "psychic" abilities to appear in the teen through young adult years. It is up to you whether to use & hone the skill or ignore it. I describe it as "hanging up the phone". When I'm busy or not available, I hang up my end of the phone & tell them to wait. Depending upon the strength of your ability, you will have to learn how to manage the "phone line".

Learning to accept is a personal journey. I understand completely!! I'm a happy skeptic with mountains of evidence to the contrary, gathered personally, so I know it's uncontaminated. I do not understand how I can sit in a room and carry on a conversation with someone not really there yet the recordings clearly show that I ask, he answered, then I ask & he answers. How is it that I can walk into house, see it as it is but at the same time see how it used to be? Sometimes I just "know" things all of a sudden that I shouldn't know. Sometimes, I get forewarning & sometimes I get "missions" (places I need to go & do something). I was told a month in advance to look for Dorethea. I told a friend going on an investigation the next night, at the end of the long hall, on the left, look for Dorethea. Nothing. A month later, I joined her & some experienced friends on an investigation at a hotel. Down the long hallway (a wing of the hotel), the last room on the left, had a brass plaque on the door saying that was Dorathea's room. It was her room anytime she visited the resort. How in heaven's name did I know a month in advance a woman's name & where to find her?!?

So, it's definitely spooky & pretty unexplainable! It's not something I broadcast publicly. My family knows because I've been forced to deliver messages. There was once a co-worker who I had to warn her stove was broken at the back right burner because her father was driving me crazy ( turns out the stove was leaking gas at the back right burner that could have caused a fire or carbon monoxide poisoning). A few friends know, mostly just my ghostie investigation friends, but a couple others, too. I never meet someone & say I'm psychic even if I do get an overwhelming impression. Unless it's something hazardous, I keep quiet.

Perhaps joining a ghost investigation group would help you make friends to whom you could unburden your secret. And, if you're lucky on an investigation or two, you'll come home with evidence that you can personally guarantee isn't contaminated to share with some close friends by saying", OK, so I did this investigation for fun but look what turned up" and ask them for ways to dispute the evidence. Don't take it personally if they nit-pick. It will help you sort out your friends most likely to not freak out when you start to let them into your other life. Start small with both your friends & definitely how much abilities you have. Say like I say maybe, " It's so weird that sometimes I just know things that I couldn't possibly know". The usual response is "Ohhhh, do me!!! What can you find out about my future??". That will open the door for you to communicate honestly about who you are fully.

Here for support or to bounce ideas off of if you need me! I had a devil of a time with "people knocking on my head" before I had a stroke. Now, the process is different, more difficult and extremely energy draining so I avoid places where I know will be overwhelmed.

Good Luck!! Have a great rest of your day!!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleBurgh

I never had a paranormal encounter as a child. If I did, my parents would have noted it.

I never had imaginary friends. In fact it was very much "normal".

And speaking of imaginary friends, my sister (Who has dormant Psychic abilities) never had imaginary friends either when she was younger (She's 13 now). I would have taken note of such things if she really experienced it. I am told she'll experience these things when she is my age. Right now she too is a skeptic.

For the most part we are reversed. A lot of people experienced them in childhood and stop at adulthood. We in other hand are the opposites.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
"Paranormal" just means that we haven't figured out the mechanism for the strange happenings yet. Somebody living a couple hundred years ago would consider our crystal-driven society with strange lights and sounds as loaded with things that are "paranormal."

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Oh I will gladly do it with you. In fact I am more than willing.

But the reality is yeah your right, I have to live with it.

But why would you wanna be a medium? This ain't a freakin' movie.

Because I feel like I already have a connection to the other side, it's just not as strong as yours is. My connection is mild. I swear I have a little child ghost in my house. I've found footprints and hand prints that didn't match my kids, I've heard doors shut, I've heard a pitter patter run from one side of my house to the other side where my bathroom is, which is where I found the footprints and hand prints and heard the doors shutting, all in that room. But. . .I haven't seen the ghost itself. My ex had a 1 year old that would scream "no" if you took something from him. I've heard him playing and laughing with his toys in one of my spare rooms and then scream "NO!" and start crying. He was either mentally deranged or he saw what lives there with me.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Strangely unlike yours they only appeared to me in visions. The spirits would communicate with me telepathically and in one case appeared to me in a dream.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I understand your position completely. One of my cousins went & took all these classes with a "guru of mediumship". She learned meditation and all kinds of things she could have learned on her own but regardless, she now does readings (iffy) & has friends in the community by virtue of having taken all those classes. I am not particularly welcome there because I'm not paying hundreds of dollars to learn what I can do naturally.

I've been denigrated by other "psychics" for breaking rules I didn't know existed & jumping readings (to be completely honest, I did jump a reading but only because the reading was completely wrong & the victim of the bad reading needed to hear the person banging on my head). Once I was told I was an imp sent by daemons to disrupt "his" group of paranormal investigators of which he wanted to be the dictator. Obviously, we left the group. Demonic imp my a@@!! Psychics are very sensitive to the possibility that a person stronger than them will blow their cover.

A place like ATS is a good way to speak of your skills with some anonymity and that might relieve some of your stresses & anxiety. When you are in a heightened state, you are creating more energy available for people to come calling. Your late night frenzies need to be reigned in, too.

There are people here with varying levels of extraordinary abilities who will be happy to help you. There are a handful who already feel somewhat "discomfited" for lack of a better word & there are already skeptics here ready to troll. Be confident in yourself. Understand that only a small part of "you" is this ability. It's not all of who you are.

Peace & love!!
LB

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join