It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I accept the existence of the paranormal?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
How I adjust to the fact that the paranormal exist?

My story: I used to be a Skeptic to all things paranormal until I discovered my Psychic abilities.

In fact before the discovery of my gift, I lived a "normal" life. Unlike many of those who experienced paranormal activity I never experienced any paranormal activity as a child all the way up to when I was 20. In fact my life was like all those who never experienced paranormal activities. Also, I grew up in an environment where belief in paranormal activity is not accepted.

2015 was the year that changed my life forever. At around the middle of May I started accidentally discovered I had Psychic abilities. For some reason they started manifesting out of nowhere.

I gotta admit I have trouble accepting the realm of the paranormal.

In fact just last month, my medium abilities activated and now I can speak to spirits to a certain extent.

I wanna confess there are times when I wished it wasn't real and that it's all dream.

Right now I am forced to live a double life by denying the paranormal exist since a lot of people I know see me as the guy who is skeptical of paranormal activities because I knew them before I discovered my gift.
edit on 2/15/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I think the fact that you speak to spirits, you'd know a better answer to your own question.

A lot of skeptics turn believers after experiencing the paranormal for themselves.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I did not ask for this though. In fact I really wished for the days before I discovered my abilities. In fact I'm still reeling from the shock.

If I tell this to my parents and little sister they'll see me as crazy.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Maybe now you have a bigger purpose in life? This gift you speak of, if true, should be treated as so. I've read other stories similar to yours and they almost always end up dramatically changing the course of thier lives.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Well I want nothing with whatever freakin purpose.

In fact I wished I live a normal life. I envy those skeptics, those who will never experience paranormal activities in their lives.

Look at my parents, they live an okay life and they never experienced any paranormal activities.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Can you elaborate on your experience?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It started because I started knowing things before it happened. In fact I was shocked and it took me a while before a Psychic told me I was one.

While yes I did readings for a while but even so I still have trouble adjusting.

Also my Medium ability activated after a spirit called me support her great grandson.

I was like "What the hell is this?"

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Can you give me a reading now? Tell me about myself please.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No Olaru, I'm no mood and this is not a reading thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I would look into the ATS archives and find others with your abilities and ask for guidance. Best wishes. I know this is very hard on you.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Well I tried messaging to some and they didn't answer. Many of them are haven't been logged in for a long time.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

So sorry. I have zero knowledge of the paranormal. Don't give up but be careful.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

In the realms of metaphysics, more is left unanswered then can and will be answered... it's the laws of attraction at play and we all live within its vortexes. Rather than make it a coping strategy for previous theories of such, how about looking at the real aspects of metaphysical happenings?

What I mean is, maybe think of your recent reflections to be nothing more than the spiritual taste buds maturing, or the abilities to sense higher frequencies as you become enlightened to the World around you... like a TV that works in HD to channel in better quality and more info. Myself, I have disallowed words and or theories to ever hold meaning of 100% fact... only math is left to conclude 100% fact to me. These methods have allowed for me to continuously strive to look for more possibilities, and simultaneously break down all previously conceived theories and essentially welcome the craziness into my life.

Realities only equate to each owns perceptions... nothing more... and it's quite clear that perceptions of what's real vary, on almost every level of the mysteries of life. I hope you find peace with all of your new understandings of reflection!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Just be patient and realize you were never really in control anyway. Sometimes life throws us curveballs and all we can do is just keep moving. Soon you'll become adjusted. Although, yes, close friends and family might initially think you are crazy. I know I thought I was going crazy when I first experienced the supernatural.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: deliriousrhapsody

Well there is a reason I believe that the Universe in addition to its loving and light side, has a chaotic darker side and that it allows random things to happen for no reason. I think it's one of the ways that explains why my gift pop out of nowhere.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Or, whatever happened to you was simply coincidence and you don't have to bother with accepting your "abilities" because mediums are full of # and there's no such thing as the paranormal.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

By definition alone: and I see you've not, but have divided and subdivided it.

"PARA" refers to "above or other than what's considered "normal". The world is filled with such things already...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Thank you for your thread.

After reading your comments, I am convinced you are a clairvoyant.

Many people are born with this gift and others develop it later in life. There are places you can go to learn to control and enhance your ability.

I have a friend in FL that was born a clairvoyant and has learned to control it. She speaks and sees the dead all the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Just letting you know I have to develop it with the help of very few Psychic friends. In fact I am somewhat of an outcast to the Psychic community because I have very different beliefs from them.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I think the fact that you speak to spirits, you'd know a better answer to your own question.

A lot of skeptics turn believers after experiencing the paranormal for themselves.

Yes and a smaller number actually turn Skeptic when challenged by such experience as there very human condition makes them fear a universe they can no longer understand or predict the actions of in the way they had before as this un-quantifiable element is added to there mental equation forever changing the landscape of what they thought they knew before.

Quantum theory and related scientific theory may one day bridge the gap but still the universe is far more complex than the simple day to day existance that we take for granted.

Starwarsisreal

Welcome to the club, you may find yourself doubting your own experience and searching for a rational explanation but finding none if so then you are definitely not alone in this.

I was not a skeptic myself but used to doubt as my empirical scientific standards to which I was once trained (0h nearly 30 years ago now but never actually worked in science - there where simply no job's close enough and I am like a rooted tree so don't particularly like the idea of travelling somewhere afar for a job of that ilk) so my mind did not want to accept what I knew to be true as it did not fit the mechanic's of the mundane universe I was educated into believing in, this clash had to come to a head at some point and eventually it did, my mother had always been sensitive as you would expect for someone whom was used as a medical guinea pig as a child and died several time's then and also when she was seriously ill after a mid wife left after birth inside her much later, so she had several NDE type experiences, she was a very gifted painter and painted a jesus in crown of thorn's which many prominent people wanted to see, this then disappeared (Actually first it was stolen by one of her niece whom was almost the same age whom used it to gain entry to an art college then when they realized she had not painted it lost her place then it disappeared), she also had an experience of seeing a lady on mountain's when she WAS dead - Sepsis or as it was then called Septicemia or blood poisoning and the woman whom was surrounded by light on top of a high mountain surrounded by many other mountains was smiling at her beckoning her to come toward her, my mother says' it was as real as this or more so but she remembered her children, the abusive husband they would have been left with and so screamed that she was not leaving her children in this world alone, turned and ran back down the mountain, through a valley or rift between that and another smaller mountain which she then ran back up and as she ran back up that one she came back to life on the operating table.

(of course these were not MY experiences but let's just say all the family have had strange experiences of the ghost kind - good and bad)

What make's that more interesting is that my mothers experience is far from unique.

So welcome to the club, good to have you.

edit on 16-2-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join