It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama said he would engage in aggressive personal diplomacy with Iran before being POTUS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

CHICAGO, Oct. 31 — Senator Barack Obama says he would “engage in aggressive personal diplomacy” with Iran if elected president and would offer economic inducements and a possible promise not to seek “regime change” if Iran stopped meddling in Iraq and cooperated on terrorism and nuclear issues.

Being from the Future I think we all know what "Personal Diplomacy" means. Giving them Billions of dollars in unmarked bills under the cover of darkness.

In an hourlong interview on Wednesday, Mr. Obama made clear that forging a new relationship with Iran would be a major element of a broad effort to stabilize Iraq as he executed a speedy timetable for the withdrawal of American combat troops.

Wait wait How come Obama gets to say outlandish things like that? Forging alliances with the enemy? That is insane he should be impeached.

Making clear that he planned to talk to Iran without preconditions, Mr. Obama emphasized further that “changes in behavior” by Iran could possibly be rewarded with membership in the World Trade Organization, other economic benefits and security guarantees.

Rewarding terrorists in the New World Order?

“We are willing to talk about certain assurances in the context of them showing some good faith,” he said in the interview at his campaign headquarters here. “I think it is important for us to send a signal that we are not hellbent on regime change, just for the sake of regime change, but expect changes in behavior. And there are both carrots and there are sticks available to them for those changes in behavior.”

WOW. This was in 2007 people. Interesting choice of words Obama. Not "Hell Bent on regime change just for sake of Regime Change"? We just took out Iraq during that time period. Iran's Number 1 rival. They fought a War for years and it was a draw. Then we roll on in and take out Iraq's army in a month or so doing Iran's dirty work for them and now 8 years later Iran thinks they can take on the US when there number 1 rival is gone. But nooo Obama goes ahead and gives them Billions of dollars in unmarked bills under the cover of darkness along with allowing them to inspect themselves. Ha. But Obama is a Democrat so it's okay for him to say those things but All Trump says

"If you're listening, I hope you find Hillary Clinton's missing emails"

And they think Trump committed treason hahaha what a joke. Double standard proven.

edit on 2/15/2017 by kosmicjack because: fixed all caps

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I heard today (via Rush Limbaugh) that President Obama's "Iran Deal" as it's commonly called, goes much deeper than any private citizen, or politician is aware of. If the complete terms of this deal were to come to light, former President Obama and John Kerry would certainly be indicted. And the American people would feel very angry and betrayed by him.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
But... but... it was Obama, their prophesied messiah, lord and savior who could do no wrong.

How dare you compare the Lord and Master-messiah to... President Trump, that is blasphemy.

/sarc off

People have short memories, and apparently Trump isn't allowed to do the same things others have done, without them being nation crises in the media and amongst people with no span of memory longer then a gnat.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

No all caps in the title please.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind having a little of that aggressive personal diplomacy in my bank account right now

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Let me be clear, I will give hundreds of millions of dollars. They will wipe their behinds on the multi national treaty, and we (not me) will have to deal with them.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Trump sycophants at it again.
edit on 15-2-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Trump sycophants at it again.

O look a person with Amnesia.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

No this was Obama who gave the Iranians millions, and guess what it didn't work.

Facts get in the way of Obama praise.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Even when using it for POTUS? (president of the United States)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Meh. It was a half joke.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What is it with the war boner for Iran?

How is Iran presently a threat to the USA?

And FFS Obama never gave Iran money. He just unfroze money that was being held as part of sanctions.

Now whether that was right or wrong I dont know. But least get the facts straight and put this myth to death on Obama giving Iran US tax payer money.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Iran funds, trains, arms Hezbollah in Syria and PMU in Iraq. These are jihadist organizations.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
What is it with the war boner for Iran?

How is Iran presently a threat to the USA?

And FFS Obama never gave Iran money. He just unfroze money that was being held as part of sanctions.

Now whether that was right or wrong I dont know. But least get the facts straight and put this myth to death on Obama giving Iran US tax payer money.

If you dont know why Iran is a threat than you are A low information voter.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: FelisOrion

No this was Obama who gave the Iranians millions, and guess what it didn't work.

Facts get in the way of Obama praise.

AT LEAST Three Hundred and Fifty Million Dollars. And we only know about that, because a news crew accidentally saw the pallet of CASH being loaded on a transport plane to Iran. Who the knows what else has been transported to Iran.

The high-tech drone and submarine that Iran "captured"? Who's to say that our (Obama-friendly) Intelligence community didn't allow those things to happen, as part of the Obama-Iran deal? The same Obama-friendly intelligence people who broke the espionage law, by giving Michael Flynn intercept transcripts to the Press?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Wow weak insult there.

I obviously have more information than you as I know Obama didnt give Iran US money but just unfroze banks accounts being held.

As for threat why?

Magic nukes that are constantly 6 months away?

Proxy wars with Saudi Arabia another terrorist state? Why should I care about dead Saudis?

Iran are no angles but far more trouble comes out of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan!
As far as threats go they are below:
ISIS
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan
UAE
Somalia
Turkey

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

SSSSSsource please.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: crazyewok

SSSSSsource please.

source

I dont think Obama should have given that money.

But as you can see it was not US money. It was frozen assets from the sanctions.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I have a dream. A dream that one of these days a certain group of people will understand irony. I have a feeling that understanding irony will lead to common sense and that will never happen in my lifetime.

But thank you OP, I really appreciated the message and the calm, civil manner in which it was presented.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Wow weak insult there.

I obviously have more information than you as I know Obama didnt give Iran US money but just unfroze banks accounts being held.

As for threat why?

Magic nukes that are constantly 6 months away?

Proxy wars with Saudi Arabia another terrorist state? Why should I care about dead Saudis?

Iran are no angles but far more trouble comes out of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan!
As far as threats go they are below:
ISIS
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan
UAE
Somalia
Turkey

Typical liberal thinking everything is a insult.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join