It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Impeachment be an Inevitable Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This has been on my mind today. Every time I hear a Trump supporter whine about people discussing Trump's impeachment, I would mentally fire back with 'yeah, but you'd be doing the same if Hillary won'. Then it struck me: we would be discussing Hillary's impeachment right now in the same way we are discussing Trump's.

So my question is this: is there any kind of change that could only come about by a presidential impeachment? In other words, would there be a motive to plot and conspire to ensure an impeachment, regardless of who won?

Is it possible that Hillary was pushed through the primary ahead of Sanders because she might be impeachable and is it possible that Trump was compromised to ensure his impeachment, as well? So no matter who won, there would be an impeachment process happening?

In that scenario, is there anything for anybody to gain? What changes during that time? Are there people in positions that could take advantage of an impeachment?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

If he gets impeached, are we stuck with Pence as Commander in Chief? What the actual ****

(PS, I'm sorry I wasn't able to share any other helpful insights about your questions)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
An impeachment is only a fancy word for indictment. AKA an accusation. Impeaching a president only leads to a trial.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

First question for you Abysha. What power or entity do you feel is behind this mechanism to Impeach the new President, no matter which one won?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The possibilities are endless from internal and external enemies of the USA. Unfortunately all of the fighting between our political parties weakens our country. For me this is even another reason for term limits.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

My favorite comment towards this topic, is Twitter.

Twitter was explicitly designed for countries to overthrow their Governments and have a form of communication that can exist in mass 'censorship'.

Gosh, how interesting our President still uses Twitter everyday. Maybe that's what happened.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

First question for you Abysha. What power or entity do you feel is behind this mechanism to Impeach the new President, no matter which one won?

Haven't the foggiest clue. I don't really have a conspiracy theorist's mind but I know a whole lot of you folks do which is why I made the thread (so do your thing, people).

In order for me to make a guess, I'd need to know what kinds of things (if any) could be accomplished during an impeachment process that cannot be achieved at any other time.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: carewemust

Haven't the foggiest clue. I don't really have a conspiracy theorist's mind but I know a whole lot of you folks do which is why I made the thread (so do your thing, people).

In order for me to make a guess, I'd need to know what kinds of things (if any) could be accomplished during an impeachment process that cannot be achieved at any other time.

That's great and all, but these pointed hackery questions won't get you far. He asks because he's a Trump supporter and wants to create doubt in your narrative. Not because he will believe anything said about who could actually do this. It's probably lost on him that greater cons have already been done. He's saying it's impossible, by asking you who, when he already knows you don't know. And he's wrong.

Anyway, good luck with starting with the better judgement of a motive, rather than simply trying to rule it out as 'not even possible'.
edit on 15-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hillary would of been impeached because of her legs being knee deep in corruption.

Trump should be impeached because you don't like him, or his policies. Makes sense.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Hillary would of been impeached because of her legs being knee deep in corruption.

Trump should be impeached because you don't like him, or his policies. Makes sense.

Way to totally miss the point.

There are some seriously interesting reasons Trump might be impeached. It's not just anti-Trump people discussing it.

And for the record, I don't personally care if he's impeached. I haven't decided if Pence would be better or worse so... meh.

To clarify, though: you totally ignored the point just to play your whiny partisan role. Put on your big ATS member pants, for crying out loud.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think a conspiracy to impeach would not be out of the question, but not from the likely party.
The GOP has much more to gain
They look like the party of principles standing up to Trump.
Look at some of the cabinet
Tillerson
Sessions
Mattis
All are part of a GOP wishlist
Pence is a Republican wet dream for Prez
If there was a conspiracy, it would be the GOP that benefits the most.
What does that say?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
I think a conspiracy to impeach would not be out of the question, but not from the likely party.
The GOP has much more to gain
They look like the party of principles standing up to Trump.
Look at some of the cabinet
Tillerson
Sessions
Mattis
All are part of a GOP wishlist
Pence is a Republican wet dream for Prez
If there was a conspiracy, it would be the GOP that benefits the most.
What does that say?

Well that's my default thinking on that, actually. I figured if he gets impeached, it will be largely driven by the GOP either publicly or behind the scenes.

But what I'm talking about in the OP is the idea of a non-partisan faction that needs the atmosphere of an impeachment in order to accomplish something. The fact that both Clinton and Trump were unlikely nominees and both have pretty sketchy scandals around them started making me think down that rabbit hole.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

There are some seriously interesting reasons Trump might be impeached. It's not just anti-Trump people discussing it.

And for the record, I don't personally care if he's impeached. I haven't decided if Pence would be better or worse so... meh.

To clarify, though: you totally ignored the point just to play your whiny partisan role. Put on your big ATS member pants, for crying out loud.

You dont get impeached for the excuse:

and is it possible that Trump was compromised

What has Trump done that warrants impeachment? Not liking a candidate isnt an excuse for impeachment.
edit on 15-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

What has Trump done that warrants impeachment? Not liking a candidate isnt an excuse for impeachment.

Again, you are letting your childish partisanship blind you to the topic. Thus you are very off-topic. This is hypothetical.

There are several threads and sources you can look up on your own time that will sway you one way or the other but the evidence is far more substantial than "because we don't like him". Google it instead of clogging up this thread with derailment.

In other words, this hypothetical would be a valid topic even if Trump was loved by all and impeachment wasn't on the news 24/7. It's hypothetical. Hypothetical. Hypo. Thetical.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Again, you are letting your childish partisanship blind you to the topic. Thus you are very off-topic. This is hypothetical.

There are several threads and sources you can look up on your own time that will sway you one way or the other but the evidence is far more substantial than "because we don't like him". Google it instead of clogging up this thread with derailment.

In other words, this hypothetical would be a valid topic even if Trump was loved by all and impeachment wasn't on the news 24/7. It's hypothetical. Hypothetical. Hypo. Thetical.

Hypothetically speaking there is one other possibility. As the poster above mentioned if the conservatives stand to gain the most by having Pence as Pres. Then maybe the leaks during the campaign were triggered by them thereby insuring a Trump/Pence win. I would like to see how all this plays out. Avid Trump supporter here by the way.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It doesn't make sense for conservatives to have Trump impeached, it just makes the right look bad, which is bad for them. Now the establishment globalist Republicans, like McCain, Graham etc., they would want Trump impeached, because it would give power back to the left and the globalists. Clearly very powerful anti-American forces want Trump out, and they have the money and power to make it happen. Let's hope they aren't successful, or very bad things will be coming for the U.S.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

Hypothetically speaking there is one other possibility. As the poster above mentioned if the conservatives stand to gain the most by having Pence as Pres. Then maybe the leaks during the campaign were triggered by them thereby insuring a Trump/Pence win. I would like to see how all this plays out. Avid Trump supporter here by the way.

That's a totally valid theory. But as I was saying, what makes me wonder beyond that is the fact that both Clinton and Trump were unlikely nominees and they both had a lot of skeletons in their closets. Like, more than any other candidate in the primaries. Which is what made me wonder about non-partisan motives.

But non-conspiracy-wise, I totally agree with both of you on what is probably going on. Or at least plausible.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
It doesn't make sense for conservatives to have Trump impeached, it just makes the right look bad, which is bad for them. Now the establishment globalist Republicans, like McCain, Graham etc., they would want Trump impeached, because it would give power back to the left and the globalists. Clearly very powerful anti-American forces want Trump out, and they have the money and power to make it happen. Let's hope they aren't successful, or very bad things will be coming for the U.S.

I will agree but how bad can we look against the democratic choices. It was a hypothetical question being asked and if as one poster said the congressional conservatives wanted Pence as Pres what better way to accomplish their goal? Again hypothetically.

I personally think President Trump will give them more of a fight than they bargained for if this was the case.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Ok ive looked everywhere, please tell me why he should be impeached?

Also Im an Aussie I dont care who runs your country, i just call BS when I see it.

And you say: "Thus you are very off-topic" But your opening title is:

So it appears Im on topic you just dont like my opinion.

edit on 16-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Ok ive looked everywhere, please tell me why he should be impeached?

Also Im an Aussie I dont care who runs your country, i just call BS when I see it.

And you say: "Thus you are very off-topic" But your opening title is:

So it appears Im on topic you just dont like my opinion.

Oh my word, you really need to brush up on detailed reading comprehension. Yes, I said "could impeachment be an inevitable conspiracy" but did you read past the title? Do you know why I said that? Do you even know who all I meant by that?

Calling "bs when you see it" only works when you read the #ing thread. Good lord.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join