It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Evangelical Christians Playing a Long Con ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
During the Donald Trump campaign, it was always curious as to why Evangelical Christians especially were encouraging everyone to support Donald Trump.

Historically, he's taken many positions that are contrary to Christian teaching, including on Abortion, wealth accumulation, and many other subjects.

Now, what if they're playing a long con?

Mike Pence was chosen (seemingly out of the blue, against several much better options) as the running mate. Many high end Republicans were very surprised at this announcement, thinking Trump might select someone more mainstream like Chris Christie. Like Sarah Palin before him, Mike Pence seemed to come in as an option quite last minute.

Now, stay with me here. Mike Pence is most definitely a far right Christian candidate, probably a bit too Christian for the average voter, but great as a solid VP candidate in the eyes of Christians.

Now, early in the Trump Presidency, we have a scandal that seems like it just keeps getting bigger. Trump is basically refusing to answer questions about his campaign contact with the Russians, and it's being specifically mentioned that Mike Pence knew nothing about it, either during the campaign or during Michael Flynn's resignation, it's being made very clear he was only told two weeks later.

Why wouldn't President Trump get him in the loop immediately?

So here's the long game, which may have come about faster than Evangelicals thought possible. Trump resigns or is impeached in disgrace, Mike Pence becomes President and is able to pick his VP. I suspect the VERY far right Pence would be perfectly happy with VP Rick Santorum or VP Mike Huckabee, both early drop outs in the race for President. It's likely neither Huckabee nor Santorum would really be palatable to voters as a VP, but if they can just be nominated, then hey .... now we have something.

This big scandal on Russia has drawn everyone's attention away from the fact that a far right judge is about to get confirmation hearings on SCOTUS. A far right President, VP, and SCOTUS would be a DREAM for Christians everywhere in the USA. Nothing like a big political scandal all over the news to draw everyone's attention away from what's really happening.

Now, once President, Mike Pence could setup things like a proper Muslim Ban, setup an extreme anti LBGTQ agenda, anti climate change, anti vaccinations, and general anti common sense administration. With a SecEducation like Betsy DeVos, he could completely overhaul the education system to a Christian agenda. He could do this all while saying "I'm not racist, or anti gay, or anti science. I'm just doing what you elected President Trump to do" ...............

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
An interesting conspiracy.

I imagine the opposition Party(s) would intensify their attacks 10 fold.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The smart move would be to keep Trump to avoid the evil Mike Pence from claiming the throne!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Scary ain't it. Sad part is is it seems all to likely.
At this point even a failed assassination attempt would be enough reason for Trump to say 'screw it' and resign, all the while the blame would be placed on those violent leftists. Even though from your scenario above, there is as much cause for that kind of action to be orchestrated by Republicans themselves as anyone else.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
"Evangelical Christian" is a generic term. They all aren't on the same page. People lump a whole lot of sects into this appellation. They aren't united in any sort of conspiracy. Traditionally these groups have chosen the least evil option, which this time is Trump compared to a "Godless Hillary." And indeed, there are a whole lot of what you could call "Evangelical Black Christians" who area solidly in the Democrat camp.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Ha!

Trump or Hillary.... Go with crap or roll the dice... pretty easy choice.

But you are right. I am very wary of Trump. I would prefer a real constitutional conservative myself.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The republicans never liked trump, they wouldn`t endorse him when he won the primary`s,they didn`t go to his inauguration.
They may not have planned it this way but the situation offers them a once in a lifetime chance to control both houses of congress and the presidency.
the temptation to join with the democrats and get rid of trump, so that pence will be president, might be more than even those good Christian folks can resist.

you think the progressives are butt hurt now imagine how they would feel with the entire government being controlled by Christian zealots.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

As an evangelical Christian, I feel slighted that I wasn't informed what 'we' were all doing.

And, since 'we' are already in the majority, why didn't 'we' just elect who 'we' wanted in the first place, instead of the gameshow host?

edit on 15/2/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

As an evangelical Christian, I feel slighted that I wasn't informed what 'we' were all doing.

And, since 'we' are already in the majority, why didn't 'we' just elect who 'we' wanted in the first place, instead of the gameshow host?

According to a Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life study, Evangelicals can be broadly divided into three camps: traditionalist, centrist, and modernist. A 2004 Pew survey identified Evangelicals as 26.3 percent of the population, while Catholics make up 22 percent and mainline Protestants make up 16 percent.

So quite clearly we can see that Evangelicals are not the majority of the American population (Thank anything but god) and America is NOT a Christian nation, never was and was never intended to be.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is without a doubt the farthest out there conspiracy theory I've read on ATS today.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Don't 70% of americans identify as christian?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
During the Donald Trump campaign, it was always curious as to why Evangelical Christians especially were encouraging everyone to support Donald Trump.

anti common sense administration

So Hillary Clinton stating that she was going to use MILITARY force against Russia was common sense. Hmmmm, Snowflakers turn into radioactive ash flakers when the nukes fly. Total common sense there.

Much of the Church is corrupt under the control of demons.

Just wait for Trump to die from a fatal head wound, only to come back to life after stating that he met God and God sent him back as Christ.

Personally, I really hope that happens because his enemies are going to totally lose it.

Imagine Trump stating to the people after the Biblical fatal head wound, that 'Hello, I am God. Now bow down to me'. Oh and lets have projected illusions of Cherubs blowing TRUMPets.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Active Theocrats: The New Apostolic Reformation and The Seven Mountain Domionists

For your further research and understanding of what they're trying to do, and who they are.
Your OP is spot on.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
And here is a link to a thorough list of Right Wing Organizations that are the machines of the Evangelical takeover they have planned.

Use it to discern whether the sources seen while you're out and about surfing are to be taken as anything other than hysterical propaganda.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Don't 70% of americans identify as christian?

As indicated in my previous post Evangelicals, Catholics and protestants are not the same so even if 70% of America did identify as "Christian" the stance that Evangelicals are not the majority still holds true. Furthermore assuming the statistic of 70% to be true still does not negate the fact that this country (USA) was founded as a Non-Christian nation where people of all religions are free to practice as they see fit. We (Pre-official USA) made deals with the Barbary Pirates of Northern Africa (Who were Muslim) for safe passage using their shipping lanes during Revolutionary War days. One of the conditions of this deal was that they (the pirates) would make no deal with a Christian nation. They were then subsequently comforted with the fact that the United states of America would be founded as a nation where all were free to practice their respective religions making it ipso de facto not a Christian nation.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The smart move would be to keep Trump to avoid the evil Mike Pence from claiming the throne!
That's what I've been telling people. As much as I hate Trump, and I really f*ing hate Trump, I'll take him over Pence any day of the week. So Pence being sworn in its my nightmare scenario, kind of like if McCain had won & somehow Palin got sworn in.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I do not disagree that the usa was not founded to be ANY kind of religious nation.
That does not change the fact that 70% of the residents of said nation self identify as christian.
Would you say saudi arabia is not a muslim country or Japan is not a Shinto or Buddhist country?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I do not disagree that the usa was not founded to be ANY kind of religious nation.
That does not change the fact that 70% of the residents of said nation self identify as christian.
Would you say saudi arabia is not a muslim country or Japan is not a Shinto or Buddhist country?

No I would say they are an Asian and Middle Eastern country.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: chr0naut

According to a Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life study, Evangelicals can be broadly divided into three camps: traditionalist, centrist, and modernist. A 2004 Pew survey identified Evangelicals as 26.3 percent of the population, while Catholics make up 22 percent and mainline Protestants make up 16 percent.

So quite clearly we can see that Evangelicals are not the majority of the American population (Thank anything but god) and America is NOT a Christian nation, never was and was never intended to be.

I was not referring to evangelicals compared to the total population of the United States (evangelicals are included in the total population figure, so it is an invalid comparison, anyway).

Even in your rebuttal, the evangelicals were the largest specific sub-group.

Here's a link to the early analysis of exit poll demographics by religious affiliation. Evangelicals are clearly in the majority.

Also, in the Wikipedia article "Religion in the United States" the Protestant group (of which the vast majority would identify as evangelical) is the largest.

In my opinion, which I can support with facts and figures, no nation is, or ever was, a "Christian" nation. That does not preclude Christians from being a majority population group within many nations.

edit on 16/2/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

join