It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your best/favourite vegan smoothie recipe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hi everyone,I would like to hear your oppinion on your smoothies. I went vegan around 3 months ago. I had a previous attempt but that lasted just one week. On my second try even before starting I bought a blender some seeds,nuts,peanut butter etc etc. That played a major role for me. Smoothies would just give me that little extra kick during the day,and since then I'm hooked.

Cheers
edit on 15-2-2017 by leopayaso1987 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: leopayaso1987

Ingredients;
1 bottle vodka
1 cup strawberries
1 cup kiwi (sliced)
2 bananas
I lemon
Ice

Throw fruit away and make a martini.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Add a cup of ice and one whole vegan. Blend on high for five minutes. Served chilled. Reserve leftovers in bucket for 3-5 days.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I use a soy based protein powder (spiru-tein) often which contains Stevia with almond milk and i like to add a few radishes, some carrot and frozen or fresh fruit like mango, banana or berries.
If you don't like stevia, i always think that smoothies need a bit of sweetening with agave syrup or honey.
Ground, Flax seeds are good, but you want it to be very fresh, as the ground seeds have a short shelf life.
Happy Blending!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: leopayaso1987
Hi everyone,I would like to hear your oppinion on your smoothies. I went vegan around 3 months ago. I had a previous attempt but that lasted just one week. On my second try even before starting I bought a blender some seeds,nuts,peanut butter etc etc. That played a major role for me. Smoothies would just give me that little extra kick during the day,and since then I'm hooked.

Cheers

Any way you go about it, use lots of spinach, kale, or your favorite green, leafy choice. This is the most essential part of any recipe.

I used to do spinach or kale with one whole cucumber, a bit of aloe vera juice.

and your favorite fruits to flavor.

Sad to say, but it got too expensive for me doing these juicings 3-4 times a week.

edit on 15-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You can make your own V8 juice without all the salt.

www.all-about-juicing.com...

A Real V8 Juice Recipe This makes enough for 2 glasses of juice or one large glass (16 ounces) INGREDIENTS 5 tomatoes 1 beet (greens optional, but I left them out), cut in wedges 4 long carrots 1 bunch of spinach, equal to 2 cups 5 celery stalks 1 small bunch of parsley, about ¼ cup METHOD Prepare the tomatoes and beet by cutting them in wedges. Cut the carrots and celery into 3-inch pieces. Juice the tomatoes, beet, spinach, celery, carrots and parsley, alternating. Mix to combine. Serve immediately.

A personal favorite I have flavor wise is apple and ginger with crushed ice.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

My very simple go-to smoothie:

Almond milk
Banana
Strawberry
Kale

Enjoy

ETA:

If your drinking a smoothie as a meal supplement, just follow this basic formula and mix and match whatever you want. Half the fun of smoothies is exploring new recipes.

Almond/soy milk
Some type of protein(nuts,seeds,peanut butter, etc)
greens and fruits of any kind
Optional: rolled oats or some other type of dry carbs.

Enjoy

edit on 15-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I love salty V8
It's a sickness.

edit on 15-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks guys,some good ideas. My personal favorite is

1 banana
Some blueberries
Hemp seeds
1 kiwi
Peanut butter
Pumpkin seeds
Vegan chocolate spread
Soy milk

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I was thinking of going vegetarian for a month, but I have a serious question about it.

Is it possible to turn vegan or vegetarian without turning into a self righteous asshole?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathMetalJesus

Yes, it is possible.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathMetalJesus

Is it possible to turn vegan or vegetarian without turning into a self righteous asshole?

What? Like The Beatles? Yeah, everyone hated them.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Op, have you tried hemp?

Here's one with hemp to check out,

Choco hemp smoothie (for two)

Ingredients: 2 cups almond milk (see note) 2-3 pitted large Medjool dates, to taste (I use 2) 3 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder 3 tablespoons hulled hemp seed 1 large peeled and frozen banana 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 4 large ice cubes
source
Then blend.

originally posted by: DeathMetalJesus
I was thinking of going vegetarian for a month, but I have a serious question about it.

Yes, of course it is. Same with any choice that may bring some ego issues with people. Become educated on the subject also realize not everyone will agree with your choice. Don't buy the hype that it happens to everyone as it creates more division.
edit on 16-2-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join