It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret courts are Un-American

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

“I put this right at the feet of John Brennan, and Jim Clapper, and I would even go so far as to say the White House was directly involved before they left,”

- retired Lt. Colonel Tony Schaffer,
- a former CIA-trained intelligence officer

life zette .com / Seeing through the Media's Bait and Switch

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
The details that emerge are just shocking.

Blatant political exploitation of the secret Fisa Court.

So, in June 2016, the Obama Justice Department sought permission from the FISA court to conduct a national-security investigation against Trump insiders — and perhaps even Trump himself — on suspicion that they were acting as agents of a foreign power. The FISA application is said to have “named” Trump, though it is not clear whether that means the Justice Department was targeting him as a surveillance subject. Apparently, though, the application was so thin that even the FISA court, though notoriously accommodating of government surveillance requests, declined to approve a warrant.

Still the Obama Justice Department did not give up. In October, virtually on the eve of the election, it submitted a second FISA application — this one more narrowly tailored, avoiding mention of Trump himself. The FISA court granted this application. Indications are that the investigation is ongoing, targeting former Trump advisers Paul Manafort, Roger Stone, and Carter Page.

www.nationalreview.com...

So back in June 2016
In a secret court
with a request for a secret warrant
Trump was named
and we are just finding out about it now,
which means he was not able to represent or defend himself.

Why didn't they just ask him to his face?

originally posted by: shooterbrody

People need to see this.
This is what got Nixon to resign.

This should send charges to the previous administration. If they can do this to someone running for president from a major political party they can do this to anyone.

Yes. Yes they do.

The Globalist will tell you that people are not smart enough, that this is complicated stuff.

To that I say: Then why are you scared to let people see this?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

There are now 854,000 contract personnel with top-secret clearances — a number greater than that of top-secret-cleared civilian employees of the government.

Anatomy of the Deep State

The private contractors the the Branch of Government immune to Freedom Of Information Act requests, and they are hidden behind the Secret Court.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

. . . link MoveOn.org, government unions and Black Lives Matter with the informal deep-state cadre of disgruntled liberal bureaucrats, the hostile mainstream media and the usual suspects on the left.

The Deep State Is Real

edit on 22-2-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The comments underneath the article are interesting. It appears that the left are subconsciously worried that if the Narrative of "secret courts are real, and the AlT-Right isn't" ever reaches the average person, then the game is over. So this must be stopped. No one can ever know the alt-right isn't real. Shut it down, as they say.

Some Quotes>

M. R. McCaffery
7:03 AM CST
Wow. Tough love and intellectual honesty in the Washington Post. I'm actually impressed for once.

Rodney Seel
7:09 AM CST
Ed Rogers is the token conservative at the Washington Post. Every other journalist at the WP are liberals.

retiredpsychphd
6:12 AM CST
what kind of crazy paranoid BS is this article? There is evidence all around us that this administration needs to be resisted, not entirely, just where it is overly extreme. And sadly, those places where it is extreme are numerous. The courts have already stood up to the immigration ban in hopes that it will be revised to look more fair and realistic. Some of the nominees for cabinet positions have, in their careers, expressed positions antithetical to the very missions of these departments or clearly do not have the knowledge base to run their departments. There has been a rise in hate crimes and an empowerment of white supremacy, whether intended purposely or not. Who needs to hypothesize the "deep state" when there is so much evidence around us of things that need to be challenged. Can congress not just focus on the things that are important, like amending obamacare so it is genuinely affordable, fixing our infrastructure, NOT building that stupid expensive wall, strengthening ties to allies instead of breaking them. There is so much real work to do.

WS Jones
2/21/2017 10:02 PM CST
Mr. Rogers, You tar with far too broad 'a brush those of us who have a principled objection to the present administration's policies and justifications. I am an independent (no party affiliation), government (State) worker who has never voted for a Democrat for President until this year. I am pro-First and Second Amendment. I am a"never-Trump" conservation in the Will/Krauthammer" vein, and scarcely an anti-Republican. You mis-characterize an important segment of the population who find the President Trump's administration more than little troubling by labeling it "alt-right."
-Scott Jones

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

KDog-WNC
2/21/2017 4:01 PM CST
"It’s a troubling phenomenon, with anti-Trump organizations and Democratic-aligned civil servants conspiring to actively work against the incumbent government."

Good for them! Where do we sign up?

insightinc
2/21/2017 3:50 PM CST
What a joke. Leaks about Russia owning Trump are vital to uncovering the truth about this dangerous president. Any patriotic person would want to know exactly what is going on. Let's see Trump's tax returns for a start. Then, let's determine exactly who was in contact with Russia and how those efforts were coordinated. I hope they keep digging until we know the entire story about this traitorous "so called" president. Pointing at the deep state as the problem instead of Trump as the problem is just deflection. And, it won't work. Period.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My father believed everyone should be allowed to share the same reality. In that world there would be no secret trials and you were free to share your cheese sandwich recipes without fear of any WMD accusations. Anyone think we could get away with that on ATS? I didn't think so, lets just close this thread before we kill 100 million people.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
My father believed everyone should be allowed to share the same reality. In that world there would be no secret trials and you were free to share your cheese sandwich recipes without fear of any WMD accusations. Anyone think we could get away with that on ATS? I didn't think so, lets just close this thread before we kill 100 million people.

If offered the Job of being a reporter listening in on the proceedings of the Secret Court, would you take it?

Can't publish any specifics or names, but could publish parables to let the public know what was getting people in trouble. With sentences like "And the moral of the story people is don't use the words 'Cheese Sandwich', and 'WMD' in the same sentence.

Because without open disclosure of their rulings and findings, we are forced to remain ignorant of the precedents. Of the rulings. Of the law.

Secret Courts are Un-American.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

In the pre-Revolutionary era, British courts in London secretly issued general warrants to British government agents in America. The warrants were not based on any probable cause of crime or individual articulable suspicion; they did not name the person or thing to be seized or identify the place to be searched. They authorized agents to search where they wished and seize what they found.

The use of general warrants was so offensive to our Colonial ancestors that it whipped up more serious opposition to British rule and support for the revolutionaries than the "no taxation without representation" argument did. And when it came time for Americans to write the Constitution, they prohibited general warrants in the Fourth Amendment, the whole purpose of which was to guarantee the right to be left alone by forcing the government to focus on bad guys and prohibit it from engaging in fishing expeditions.

The chickens have come home to roost

By Judge Andrew P. Napolitano
February 23, 2017
7 Min Read

I bet the Bar Association approves of Secret Courts, and naively feel it does little to no long term damage to the profession of Law.
edit on 22-2-2017 by mikegrouchy because: citation

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is beyond shocking.
Having trouble closing my mouth.
It keeps hanging open.

"into grounds on Treason"
    "has declared war on President Trump"
    when he went to the C.I.A. "that fell on very hard ears within the Agency"
    "If the President can say 'I don't care what the Russians ... I answer only to the American People. That kind of sprit, will absolutely get the spies on his side"

Jesus Christ. They are pissed off because he listens to the American people more than them, but they will get on his side if he answers only to the American people ? ! ?

The goddamn secret government doesn't just think that they are the rightful government in this country . . . they also think that they are the Voice of the American people.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thursday
February 22nd, 2017

- Tucker Carlson
- Live on National TV
    "Boy. You've just confirmed
    a lot of conspiracy theories
    going back .. an awful long time that
    the C.I.A. is not fully under the control of the Presidents"

edit on 23-2-2017 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

No sooner did the Secret court issue a surveillance warrant on members of the Trump Campaign but it leaked to the wife of the manager of Metallica so she could write a news piece about it.

Luise (Bagshawe) Mensch has lived in New York since resigning as the Conservative MP for Corby in 2012 so that she could spend more time with her children and her American husband, Peter, the manager of the heavy metal band Metallica.

Now 45, the woman born Louise Bagshawe in London who once dominated the chick-lit bestseller lists in the UK has reinvented herself once more: working as an executive for Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp by day, and probing Donald Trump’s Moscow connections by night.

“They gave me one of the most closely guarded secrets in intelligence,” she said in a telephone interview. “People are speculating why someone trusted me with that. Nobody met me in a darkened alley in a fedora, but they saw me as someone who has political experience and is their friend. I am a pro-national security partisan. I don’t have divided loyalties.”

Mensch said she gained her reputation among intelligence professionals on both sides of the Atlantic as a result of her furious criticism of the Guardian’s handling of the NSA files leaked by Snowden when he walked out of his NSA job in Hawaii and fled to Hong Kong.

the guardian . com

Jesus Christ. Not only does the secret court fail to let someone defend themselves, but it immediately leaks to the press. .

A new story
with more information
about the Leaker
Luise Mensch.

boonecountywatchdog.blogspot.com...

This blog has reposted her original article that leaked the story
dated 10:18pm November 7th, 2016.

edit on 6-3-2017 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Appears the rest of the world
may be catching up to what we here at ATS
have known since February, 18 2017

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Readers may have noticed that this story has gone mainstream.

No longer just being discussed by a few conspiracy thinkers here on ATS.

And now I have noticed a lot of posturing, opinions, and innuendo going on

all while clarity and sourced information is starting to dry up. For instance notice

In this video the topic is mostly about Personalities, Names, and the good work of FISA.

I will now make an uncharacteristic, and humble prediction, if the reader will be so kind as to indulge me this one round.

There is no FISA warrant.
And
instead of this being grounds to Abrogate the entire 1978 FISA act
somehow this will be used to exonerate the Secret Un-American FISA court
and the wrath of the American People will be directed elsewhere.

/end of prediction

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The CIA can remote-control cars and cause "accidents" suspiciously similar to dozens experienced by the establishment's political enemies (wi ki le ak s . o r g )

His name was Michael Hastings.

Welp.

Yeah.

My work here is done.

edit on 7-3-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I leave you with this.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Secret courts are Un-American

This is about open society vs closed.

In other words Terrorism cannot be fostered where an atmosphere of mutual distrust does not already previously exist.

Mike Grouchy

I think you've nailed it right there: 'Terrorism cannot be fostered where an atmosphere of mutual distrust does not already previously exist.' Imagine the disenfranchisement of people who learn how they have been personally affected by this mechanism. Stack it up next to things like drug prohibition, asset forfeiture, and prisons for profit and we don't like each other so much anymore. Which is to say, all of these mechanisms are likely to disenfranchise people who have been personally affected by them. Imagine the cost to society...

I agree, these secret courts are un-American.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Almost exactly 50 weeks after I started this Thread, THE FISA MEMO is released.

The FISA MEMO

I didn't have to do anything but sit back, watch, and laugh.

/Hansolo "It's True. All of it"

LOLOLOLOL

edit on 2-2-2018 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Almost exactly 50 weeks after I started this Thread, THE FISA MEMO is released.

The FISA MEMO

I didn't have to do anything but sit back, watch, and laugh.

/Hansolo "It's True. All of it"

LOLOLOLOL

Well I can say your information on secret courts is correct.

Good on ya mate!!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Well I can say your information on secret courts is correct.

Good on ya mate!!

W E L C O M E _ T O _ T H E _ C E L E B R A T I O N

edit on 2-2-2018 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join