It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch Sues San Francisco Sheriff’s Department again Over Sanctuary Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Judicial Watch has sued the San Francisco Sheriff.

The case is about "Sanctuary City" directives and how taxpayer money is used.

JW wants no taxpayer money involved.

Point being the Federal Government has the real power to ask for and collect illegal immigration facts.

We know the Trump Administration is threatening to hold back some Federal funding to Sanctuary Cities and Counties and even States.

Judicial Watch Sues San Francisco Sheriff’s Department again Over Sanctuary Policy

Judicial Watch today announced that it filed a new taxpayer lawsuit against San Francisco Sheriff Vicki Hennessy and the San Francisco Sheriff’s Department (SFSD) to prevent the use of taxpayer funds on policies “that prohibit or restrict SFSD personnel from sharing … immigration-related information with federal immigration law enforcement officials.” The suit was filed on behalf of Cynthia Cerletti, a taxpayer of the City and County of San Francisco, in the Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco (Cynthia Cerletti v. Vicki Hennessy (No. CGC-16-556164)). After Judicial Watch filed its suit, which invokes the federal government’s preeminent authority over immigration, San Francisco filed its own lawsuit in which it asks that its sanctuary policy be declared legal.

Judicial Watch’s lawsuit seeks to prevent Sheriff Hennessy and the San Francisco Sheriff’s Department from:

[E]xpending or causing the expenditure of taxpayer funds and taxpayer-financed resources on policies and/or practices that prohibit or restrict SFSD personnel from sharing or exchanging immigration-related information with federal immigration law enforcement officials, including information about the citizenship or immigration status of individuals in the SFSD’s custody and information about the release of individuals from the SFSD’s custody.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Great news. Not sure of it will accomplish anything, but at least they're starting to get some real push back.

I live in Cali. I've had people randomly stalk my Facebook page and threaten me. Very random.

It would be good to tone down the radicalism. This state is going crazy.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sanctuary cities don't exist under the law, however, traitors certainly do and we have laws to deal with them. I say lets enforce ALL the existing laws and put these clowns in prison where they belong.

join