It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assuming Trump was involved was it treason and what's the aftermath??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There are a thousand threads debating weather or not Trump was involved in the Russian DNC hack and leaks. So if possible I would like to avoid that and just discuss this as a hypothetical..

Assuming Russian intelligence offered Trump to leak counter intel on hillary clinton in exchange for dropping sanctions and giving Russia Ukraine, directly before the election and the tape is released so there is no question it happened.

What would be the fallout and aftermath?!?!

Would it be considered treason or something else??

Who would take office?? Normally it's the vice pres, but if the president is criminally charged with treason because of helping a foreign power rig the election. Then that means pence would be booted too, right??

So maybe Paul Ryan gets it until another election can be held??

It's all so fascinating and more than a bit scary!!

Has anyone heard a reliable source say the procedure??

edit on 15-2-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It's a fun line of thought. Just like if I imagined I was Caligula and could have intercourse with anyone or anything I pleased.

Not very productive though.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I am not a lawyer.

However if Trump or any of his flunkies did indeed negotiate something with Russia. Then they run afoul of this.

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799 ) is a United States federal law that details the fine and/or imprisonment of unauthorized citizens who negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.

So let's see how this plays out.

link   

originally posted by: swedy13

It's a fun line of thought. Just like if I imagined I was Caligula and could have intercourse with anyone or anything I pleased.

Not very productive though.

So you have no idea then??

link   
The only legal recourse is impeachment.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

See the answer by xuenchen.

The real answer is stop fantasizing, it isn't healthy.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I am not a lawyer.

However if Trump or any of his flunkies did indeed negotiate something with Russia. Then they run afoul of this.

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799 ) is a United States federal law that details the fine and/or imprisonment of unauthorized citizens who negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.

So let's see how this plays out.

I think that is if Flynn offered lifting sanctions Obama had just installed...

What if it goes deeper and Trump and Russia both collaborated to rig the election!!!

If there is a stated trade of sanctions exc, in exchange for the counterintelligence leak to be dropped at a specific time??

That seems more like treason than a Logan act thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

His question was with the foregone assumption of an impeachment already happening. The hypothetical scenario is what would happen after the impeachment. Especially if it's the type of treason that brings Pence's entitlement into question.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

A deal with Putin to ensure a victory. How deliciously Faustian! I don't have any further conjecture to offer as far as what would happen in the US but I am even more curious what would happen with our relationship with Russia.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Ok, let me know when that gains steam.

Assuming the entire line of succession is disbanded (not just VP), then that will be crazy.

Like I said, I think it's an interesting concept with no real basis in reality, but maybe I'm missing something.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

A deal with Putin to ensure a victory. How deliciously Faustian! I don't have any further conjecture to offer as far as what would happen in the US but I am even more curious what would happen with our relationship with Russia.

Goes to crap...

Russian people and putin would consider it a win against a competitor and the American people would be furious and start electing Russian hard liners.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

His question was with the foregone assumption of an impeachment already happening. The hypothetical scenario is what would happen after the impeachment. Especially if it's the type of treason that brings Pence's entitlement into question.

He wasn't actually trying to answer...

I agree I don't see how you could give it to pence when the crime was rigging the election...

So we would have electoral chaos..

If it's true I bet putin saved evidence proving it for the day trump gets out of line.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So let's just cut right to the chase and say straight up what you're looking to hear...

Trump gets impeached, convicted and prisoned. Pence is right behind him. Blah, blah blah. All republican members o Congress and the Senate are censured and removed. The republican party is outlawed and all Republicans are brought up on charges of treason by the millions...their families are all sent to the gallows and their pets are all put to sleep.

How's that??? Feel better now???

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

it's a fair question.

but, but, but .... Hillary's emails. LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Apparently the Trump WH is in chaos and fearing for the worst. Even the GOP is trying to distance themselves from what they know is the inevitable outcome. You don't insult the intelligence community and last very long in DC.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 15-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Apparently the Trump WH is in chaos and fearing for the worst. Even the GOP is trying to distance themselves from what they know is the inevitable outcome.

www.rawstory.com...

A very convincing propaganda spam piece.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: olaru12
Apparently the Trump WH is in chaos and fearing for the worst. Even the GOP is trying to distance themselves from what they know is the inevitable outcome.

www.rawstory.com...

A very convincing propaganda spam piece.

Attack the source when all else fails. Number 19.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'll let the topic lie and die right where it is.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: olaru12

I'll let the topic lie and die right where it is.

As you wish....uno mas!

www.washingtonpost.com... 6

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
using your assumptions, of course he would be criminally liable.

the problem is how far you have to leap to reach this hypothetical.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join