It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Puts Record 104 Satellites in Space-Single Launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Neat, India put a record number of sats in space in one shot.

NEW DELHI —

An Indian rocket blasted off Wednesday morning from Sriharikota in eastern India putting a record 104 satellites into space in a single launch, surpassing Russia’s previous feat of launching 37 satellites one year ago, according to India’s space agency.

The launch also marked a milestone in the country’s efforts to emerge as a serious contender in the multi-billion dollar global commercial space industry by slashing costs.
www.voanews.com...

Mostly nano sats, I wonder if this will put the global internet onto reality? I can't remember who, but one of the billionaires was talking about it.

Besides a 714 kilogram earth observation satellite, the others were mostly nano satellites — those weighing up to 10 kilograms. A majority of these small satellites came from customers in the United States, others from countries such as Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Hmmm, wonder if they are really killler sat bots, able to dock and jam communications satellites or ram them if so directed.

Yah, I read the official story. Reminded me of the drone swarms the US airforce is testing.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

How does China and India feel about each other?

An Aside, I think Trump came along at the right time to get the US back in the saddle with space.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
YAY!

104 more objects added to geosynchronous orbit raining debris all over the place.

Now we need space legislation to clean it all up, and space drones to clean up all the garbage!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

How does China and India feel about each other?

An Aside, I think Trump came along at the right time to get the US back in the saddle with space.

China, India and Russia (among others) are loosely allied, people will tell you it ain't so, but they live in the west.

More importantly...

A majority of these small satellites came from customers in the United States, others from countries such as Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates.

So all the sats were made by the US or their allies... who knows what their real purpose is. How do you tell? They are sealed into containers that are labeled: "do not open pre flight".

edit on 15-2-2017 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Are you concerned about stealing tech?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
YAY!

104 more objects added to geosynchronous orbit raining debris all over the place.

Now we need space legislation to clean it all up, and space drones to clean up all the garbage!

The Kessler syndrome will be tested, yet again.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

YAY!

I agree , The Kessler syndrome as it is called is gonna be a huge problem in the (far) future , at some point there is so much crap up there that it will collide with other crap , creating more crap.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Space travel is going to be dangerous with all that debris up there.

I called uncle Trump and he said "for every satellite launched were going to get rid of 2 satellites"

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I gave u a star because you posted almost the same thing at the exact same time

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Pm me your address and i will send you a cookie.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

YAY!

I agree , The Kessler syndrome as it is called is gonna be a huge problem in the (far) future , at some point there is so much crap up there that it will collide with other crap , creating more crap.

Wait till WWIII commences, we could possibly expeience the greatest firework display ever witnessed.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Nice, I had to say it.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Are you concerned about stealing tech?

No, I proposed that they just put up a fleet of seek and destroy hunter killer sats, either they will park and spy on foreign military communications sats and or jam and or destroy them if directed to do so.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

YAY!

You know, as far as legislation goes, I can imagine private firms bidding for cleaning up space debris. Once the technology continues to mature, it'll be only a matter of time before some folk decide to weld a forklift and rocket to each other...

top topics

join