It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Puzder expected to withdraw from labor secretary nomination, source says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Andrew Puzder, President Trump’s pick for labor secretary, is expected to withdraw his name from the nomination, a source close to the restaurant executive tells CBS News’ Major Garrett.

The source says he does not believe Puzder will appear for his confirmation hearing Thursday before the Senate’s Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) committee.

Asked why, the source said, “I think he’s very tired of the abuse.”

Source

As if Trump's day couldn't get worse. Personally I'm happy to see this. Puzder was a terrible choice for Secretary of Labor. Not even the Republicans were willing to back him. That said, Trump's next pick for the role will be a bit of a wild card. Does he bow to political pressure and appoint someone more universally acceptable. Or is he going to let his mood dictate his pick and get vindictive?

It's certainly a bad time to be Donald Trump.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Puzner had a heavy luggage

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
All I ask is for people to not be hypocrites. So do not complain when this happens to your candidate in the future, if you support this today.

ETA: I am actually not a fan of many of his picks.
edit on 15-2-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

To be fair the only one I was really opposed to was DeVos. At the same time, when it comes to Puzder it's hardly a partisan effort. Plenty of Republicans also thought he was a bad choice.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
not if Pence has anything to say. hes a billionaire, hes qualified.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I don't think DeVos was a good choice either. She is out of her league with public schools.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I had very little enthusiasm for any of them. Halley is probably my favorite.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Good. It's unfortunate that Erik Prince and the hundreds of millions of dollars his family has injected into American politics got his sister an appointment. Glad to see that Puzder is imploding at least. Hopefully feckless idiot Rick Perry and wignut vitamin-scam-hawking unqualified (by his own admission!) zealot Ben Carson will crash and burn too.

new topics

top topics

join