It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anytime! Anywhere! Stephen Colbert Trolls Stephen Miller

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Monday night, Stephen Colbert did a hilarious segment on the Trump Administration. True to form, he kept his political edginess, and did what we were all waiting for, someone to call Stephen Millers bluff!

"People are still upset about Trump's travel ban," Colbert said on Monday's episode. "So Trump sent out a new face, White House senior policy adviser and 'young Gargamel' Stephen Miller. He was on all the Sunday shows."

Colbert took special note of Miller's interview on CBS's "Face the Nation" when he defended Trump's controversial travel ban and said, "The powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned."

"'Will not be questioned’?" Colbert said. "Let me test that theory: What the f--- are you talking about?"

Stephen Colbert dares Trump adviser and 'liar' Stephen Miller to go on the 'Late Show'

In the end, Stephen Colbert doesn't mess around when he calls out Stephen Miller, who made the rounds on the Sunday talking heads news circuit to defend the Trump Administration, and flat called him a liar! He goes on to say that, if Mr Miller comes on his show, Mr Colbert will call him a liar to his face!

Truthiness be told, that's why I decided to put this thread in the Mud-Pit. Not because I'm asking ATS members to take cheese graters to each others' hemorrhoid ridden butts. Because of the Late Show's audacity, as seems to be becoming more and more necessary, to call a White House Spokesperson a liar!

“Any show? Any time? Anywhere? Perfect. How about 'The Late Show' tomorrow at the Ed Sullivan Theater? Good?” Colbert responded. "And listen, if you don't show up, I'm going to call you a liar. And if you do show up, I'm going to call you a liar to your face."

Hoho! It's on! So, do you think Mr Stephen Miller will show up?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The brazen disrespect is nauseating considering how slavishly devoted and over the top positive these people are with their Democrats.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Colbert is hilarious.

A part of me thinks the Trump admin wants the media to act like this towards them. Trump and co could end how the media portrays them right now if they wanted to, just stop lying. And doubling down on those lies, every time they're called out.

People would actually start to take them seriously, and not doubt every move they make. But that doesn't seem what they want.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

So you are saying that Colbert is nauseatingly disrespectful to an out and anti-latino like Miller?
Among many many more, see:www.dailykos.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

He did not show up. Colbert took note and moved on, though I doubt that this is the last we will see of Mr. Stoneface

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The brazen disrespect this administration has for the Constitution and the American people, believing this amatuer little weasel can successfully use Neuro-Linguistic Programming to brainwash the American people into compliance with their total authority!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

These people???? We are talking about Colbert here, no one else so don't deflect. With a new regime taking aim at all media that opposes him, Colbert is putting his career on the line here by not just softly poking fun at power as has all late night hosts for decades but rather coming out and challenging them directly. Bravo.

And you say 'over the top positive' about democrats. Bosh. Colbert over the years has taken many a pot shot at Clinton and other democrats. Certainly not an 'over the top' endorsement.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I noticed that also. NLP. He was very specific in his choice of words and phrases.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

One day ...
in the not so distant future ...
Republicans will take their revenge on Colbert ...

LOL

edit on 1522017 by Snarl because: reformatted for effect. LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Trump uses it in his speeches too, very badly......."..and YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY" ......."and YOU WILL LIKE IT VERY MUCH"

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This has been evident with Trump from way back. I think he learned about this approach in his business dealings, read it in a book on how to deal and promote. But your are right, he does it poorly and I suspect also poorly in his business dealings. Trump deals from power. Or at least a pretense to power. I think this is evident in his hand shakes. He attempts to demonstrate dominance by not letting go and by tugging at the others arm such as when he shook hands with his new SCJ and later with the Japaneses prime minister.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

So you are saying that Colbert is nauseatingly disrespectful to an out and anti-latino like Miller?
Among many many more, see:www.dailykos.com...

colbert has openly supported and cucked out to an anti-white/cop racist hate group and one of their leaders. What gives Colbert the high ground exactly?

edit on 15-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The brazen disrespect this administration has for the Constitution and the American people, believing this amatuer little weasel can successfully use Neuro-Linguistic Programming to brainwash the American people into compliance with their total authority!

This describes the modern left, but not Trump. Disrespect for the constitution? WTF are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I'm talking about Trump's blatant attacks on the 1st Amendment, as well as the 4th and the 14th.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The first video showed an interview with a leader of BLM. It sounded to me like it was an attempt to offer a platform to offer a principled look at the objectives and philosophy of BLM in the face of so much hatred for them, some of it do to people who claim to support BLM.

You claim how does Colbert claim the high ground, yet that is exactly what Miller was doing in his statements from his Trump pulpit. And that is the point of this thread, Colbert vrs Miller. Do you want to comment on Miller's anti-latino history or not.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
The brazen disrespect is nauseating considering how slavishly devoted and over the top positive these people are with their Democrats.

Dude, with all of the crap Trump's said and all of the times he's brazenly disrespected others, you guys don't get to play the "moral high ground" card. Here's a list of about 300 Trump insults from Twitter alone (HERE).

Besides, I thought the days of being PC were over? I think it's good that Colbert called Miller out as a liar instead of using PC terms like "misspoken", "factually inaccurate", etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'm talking about Trump's blatant attacks on the 1st Amendment

Again, I've only seen this from the left. It's the left violently shutting down free speech and locking down speech with their redefinitions of words and painting everyone they hate as a "fascist".

How has Trump "blatantly" attacked the 1st?

, as well as the 4th and the 14th.

Again, how?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Besides, I thought the days of being PC were over? I think it's good that Colbert called Miller out as a liar instead of using PC terms like "misspoken", "factually inaccurate", etc.

You and I know this only applies to one side. He's a blind partisan.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

The first video showed an interview with a leader of BLM. It sounded to me like it was an attempt to offer a platform to offer a principled look at the objectives and philosophy of BLM in the face of so much hatred for them, some of it do to people who claim to support BLM.

So much hatred? You mean like the calls for racial segregation? The calls for racial violence? The calls for attacks on cops? Gee why would people hate BLM?

Do you want to comment on Miller's anti-latino history or not.

I dont care in the same way you don't care about BLM's racist violence and hatred. I have my doubts he actually did anything "anti-latino" anyway. I cant find anything but left wing sites calling him a bigot which is what they call all of us who disagree with them.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So it's ok for the right to be rude and reject being "PC", but the left has to hold our tongues and play nice with our words? Because people on the far right say far worse about the left wing than what Colbert said about Miller in this clip.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join