It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM angry over the fact that they where not called on at Trump Pressers.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Ohanka

I hope he goes the full 4-8 years without taking a single question from the mainstream press.

I doubt he'll go the full 12 months before Impeachment , currently he's 4/1 on with the bookies.

Did you doubt he would last 6 weeks after he announced his run?
Did you doubt he would make it past New Hampshire's primaries?
Did you doubt he would make it past the March primaries?
Did you doubt he would beat Ted Cruz?
Did you doubt he would beat Hillary Clinton?
Did you doubt he would fulfill ANY of his promises?

If you doubted any of those, you will be in a very large majority of liberals, and you should probably be tired of doubting anything about him. Lefties are 1 for about 195 on their predictions. I'll add the "doubt he will go the full 12 months before impeachment" to the list next January.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I hope he goes the full 4-8 years without taking a single question from the mainstream press.

I doubt he'll go the full 12 months before Impeachment , currently he's 4/1 on with the bookies.

The same bookies that said Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide. Keep betting on Trump and you'll get rich!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

You and a handful of others like you are the only ones who are obsessed enough to care about such questions.Let's get on with the real stuff.

Thanks that gave me a laugh.

Good retort.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: DaveButts

Their conclusion was that Trump, by nit taking these questions, was thwarting the free press in the US, and that his actions are a travesty.

I agree with that conclusion , he's the president so he's open to be questioned by all accredited journalists and the event.

He's dodging the tough questions because he's scared to answer them , questions like if Flynn had lost the Presidents confidence as his press team said why did he speak in such glowing terms about him and continue his spat with the Intelligence service , like how come if he knew about this weeks ago why did he appoint him.

Again I don't disagree that the Flynn topic is important; but isn't US/Israeli relations also not important?

Why muddy the topic at hand by asking unrelated questions?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Nikola014
It was glorious watching Trump's joint press conference with the prime minister of Israel, where he again did not give a single question to any of the mainstream media.

Wonderful thing to witness. No more monopoly

Oh, darn, I missed it. Did Trump shake his hand till it fell off?

I laugh at these handshakes, good fun.

Interesting to note his hands look normal sized with everyone so far, and he appears to have more grip strength than everyone and is enjoying crushing hands very much.

I went and watched it. It seemed to be a good press conference. I suppose the press will be picking it apart and making everything negative. The negativity in this country has really increased since science discovered dark matter.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I would have thought questions about the ties between the Trump government and Russia are more important at the moment than anything else and need to be answered , if he won't answer them the press will keep asking because that's their job.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You mean, the extremely biased mainstream media will continue to ask those questions to themselves, considering Trump is ignoring them?

And plus, haven't you learned anything about Trump? You never, EVER underestimate that man. Or, he will beat you, in a landslide.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I would have thought questions about the ties between the Trump government and Russia are more important at the moment than anything else and need to be answered , if he won't answer them the press will keep asking because that's their job.

I guess he should stop inviting them altogether then, if they're just going to waste his time on irrelevant non-issues.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The new administration is lying its ass off. President Trump and his staff knew for weeks what had gone down with Flynn and if it wasn't for leaks to the media and the media calling them out on it, they would have done NOTHING.

And a lot of you cheer on the lying and you applaud the liar's attacks on the media. Unbelievable.

He's not freezing out "the mainstream media" — he's ignoring mainstream outlets that are critical of him.

The Hill - Trump presser takes questions exclusively from conservative medi

President Trump called on two reporters from conservative news outlets at his press conference Wednesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, continuing a pattern of mostly selecting questioners from the right.

Townhall and the Christian Broadcasting Network received questions on Wednesday.

At a joint press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Monday, the Daily Caller and Sinclair Broadcasting asked questions.

The New York Post and Fox Business Network asked questions during Trump’s joint press conference Friday with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. And Trump called on Reuters and Fox News at a joint presser with British Prime Minister Theresa May last month.

There is no media outlet that is more MAINSTREAM than Fox News. The NY Post is MAINSTREAM. The Daily Caller is owned by Fox News's Tucker Carlson and it's every bit as MAINSTREAM as The Huffington Post, The Daily Beast, etc.

CBN was founded in the 60's by Pat Robertson. It's not even media per se, it's a televangelism platform.

What absolutely takes the cake is that he took questions from Sinclair. Sinclair is the largest owner of television stations in the country (173 in 81 cities).

And you lot think that's "independent" SMFH. The icing on the cake:

Donald Trump's campaign struck a deal with Sinclair Broadcast Group during the campaign to try and secure better media coverage, his son-in-law Jared Kushner told business executives Friday in Manhattan.

Kushner said the agreement with Sinclair, which owns television stations across the country in many swing states and often packages news for their affiliates to run, gave them more access to Trump and the campaign, according to six people who heard his remarks.

In exchange, Sinclair would broadcast their Trump interviews across the country without commentary, Kushner said. Kushner highlighted that Sinclair, in states like Ohio, reaches a much wider audience — around 250,000 listeners — than networks like CNN, which reach somewhere around 30,000.

“It’s math,” Kushner said according to multiple attendees.

So he calls on reporters from the MASSIVE media conglomerate that he colluded with for preferential coverage during the election and ignorant reactionaries falsely believe he's rejecting the "mainstream media" and that's a good thing because they're "biased."

Lmao.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

You mean, the extremely biased mainstream media

If El Presidente says they're "fake news" then I guess it must be true.
My understanding was we in the West have accountable representatives but some in the US don't seem to see that as important.

And plus, haven't you learned anything about Trump?

I've learned plenty , none of it I like.

edit on 15-2-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not sure about you, but many of us came here to ATS, because we could see right trough the BS which we're being fed with, by the mainstream media. Just because Trump called them out on it, and just because you don't like the guy, doesn't mean he's not right.

He just expressed the view many of American people, and people of the world feel about them.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Not sure about you, but many of us came here to ATS, because we could see right trough the BS which we're being fed with, by the mainstream media.

Clearly you're just looking for lies that you like better.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I would consider that critique if it were from literally anyone else(well, aside from Sillyolme), but since it's you who's making it, it holds no value.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

im with you

dodging the question about the big issue of the say

figures

cant wait till the impeachment boom

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Two points...

1. Welcome to being the underdogs. Obama spoiled these folks and their entitlement is blatantly obvious.

2. They asked the same the questions about Flynn half a dozen times each at the press briefing, with the same answer every time. Thank God we were able to skip more of the same.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Freedom of the Press does not equate to every question getting an answer, much like Freedom of Speech does not mean that everything that you say will be met with open arms and happy reactions.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

For the sake of argument I will agree that Trump/Russia ties are more important at the moment than US/Israeli relations.

But again that isn't a verry good explanation as to why we would want to derail a conference on the other important topic even if it is some what less important.

We are human beings after all; capable of having more than one rational thought at the same time. There are plenty of hours in the day to hound the Whitehouse about Flynn; why muddle the one hour set aside to discuss US/Israeli relations?

Are you contending that all US business should stop cold until the Flynn issue is addresses to every person in the medias satisfaction? And than after that we move on to the next topic gortex thinks is most important; stop everything cold again until that topic is addressed to the medias satisfaction? And on and on dealing with one topic at a time in this fashion? That doesn't seem like a rational and efficient way to conduct our government business.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13

2. They asked the same the questions about Flynn half a dozen times each at the press briefing, with the same answer every time. Thank God we were able to skip more of the same.

Another thing they do that makes no sense to me is that they combine two or more questions into one and that by the time they get to the end of their run on sentence it's confusing as to what they have asked.

This gives the person answering plenty of room to dodge the question.

And than like you said the next reporter asks the same run on question with three different words and so on and so on.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

My theory about this is they are convinced the Trump administration lies at every turn. If they just ask enough, Spicer is gonna mess up again and let something slip, like he did when he referred to Trumps pick as "him."

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The MSM's got their nickers in a wad a lot lately ay?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join