It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agents discover [military] catapult used to launch drugs over U.S. - Mexico Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As the thread title states, this has to do with Mexico smuggling drugs into US via air and not ground. The reason why I made the post in PI is because it relates to Trump and the Trump wall.

If more catapults are possibly going to be set up along this "Trump Wall" how will Trump address this issue? It may stop Mexicans from jumping over it, but cannot stop launching of drugs over it. Just a thought. But I did find this article interesting. Who knew Mexicans used an ancient military device to do this smuggling?!

I would have expected sling shots and other contraptions (see video below), but a military device???

Anywho here are a couple articles on this issue. I still think that Mexicans will find a way and adapt to a new wall, if it does get built either way. May be more challenging at first, but we'll see what happens.

Agents discover catapult used to launch drugs over U.S. - Mexico Border
www.fox10phoenix.com...

DOUGLAS, Ariz. (KSAZ) - Officials with the United States Border Patrol said their agents recently found a catapult system on the U.S. - Mexico border that was allegedly used to launch drugs into the United States.

According to a statement released Tuesday, agents patrolling an area east of the Douglas Port of Entry on February 10 noticed several people on the south side quickly retreating from the fence as the agents approached. The system was found when the agents approached the fence.

According to officials, the catapult system was attached to the south side of the border fence, and a search of the area turned up two bundles of Marijuana, which reportedly weighed more than 47 lbs combined.

The catapult system, according to officials, was dismantled by Border Patrol agents, and was then seized by Mexican authorities.

A Catapult on the Mexico Border Was Used to Hurl Drugs Into U.S.
time.com... tics%29

Federal officials have dismantled a catapult attached to a fence on the Mexico border that was being used to hurl drugs into America.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Tuesday that the ancient military device was used to fling at least two bundles of marijuana from Mexico into the U.S. last week.

The agency said in a statement that it has seized the drugs, which weighed about 50 pounds combined. Mexican authorities took the disassembled catapult.

President Donald Trump repeatedly called for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border during the campaign and announced plans to build it now that he's in office.

edit on 15-2-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
dont blame border security... blame 'supply and demand'.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

it is an illegal underground industry. what a shame that these drugs are making their way over the border. shows strength for mexico and weakness for us.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Rookies!

Here comes their cash….

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Trebuchets are more popular, and throw farther.

A wall won't stop them from hurling bags of drugs/cash/etc over the border, but it would make it harder to have people on the other side of that wall picking them up.

it's not like they're just blindly tossing bags of coc aine over the fence...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
As the thread title states, this has to do with Mexico smuggling drugs into US via air and not ground. The reason why I made the post in PI is because it relates to Trump and the Trump wall.

Don't need catapults when we have drones today.

Amazon is now delivering packages by drone.

That's the best way so send packages. Small, light weight drones, invisible to radar, flying low over the ground or too high to see with naked eye, can bypass all walls and border patrols.

Also, there are now drones that can transport people. That makes for a quick hop over the wall at an unguarded spot.

A Wall is ancient technology, with very little effectiveness today. But, it is a "political statement" of a sorts.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
They use everything now.

Catapults.

Submarines.

Boats.

And DRONES.

Where there's a will there's a way.
edit on 15-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I thought the title was inferring that that smugglers had gotten hold of one of the Mexican military's catapults.

My second thought was "The Mexican military uses catapults? I knew they weren't state of the art, but that's ridiculous."

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So how do we respond? Moats?...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
So how do we respond? Moats?...

Greek Fire!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Anyone gets caught trying to collect the packages that get thrown over the border shall they themselves be thrown over the border.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I hear they can also launch illegals across the border.

^^^^^^^^

edit on 15-2-2017 by TheSpottedOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

How about this

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

not to get to technical, the only catapult that the U.S.military uses today is on U.S. aircraft carriers, some other countries might also but all i seen them use was the ski jump kind.

that there does not look like a [military] catapult in use today, maybe 500 hundred years ago, well i take that back they used them in WWI but not today.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A few thousand of these.

Or a few hundred of these.

And give new meaning to the phrase.

Puff the magic dragon.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Im surprised we haven't seen drones being used.

...but then again, if it was successful and stealthy i suppose we wouldn't have seen anything.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

*throws money at computer screen*

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

i guess the Air Force calls it something different than the navy.

Phalanx Close-In Weapon System or sea whiz

edit on 15-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: neo96

i guess the Air Force calls it something different than the navy.

Phalanx Close-In Weapon System or sea whiz

That particular model is the CRAM. Which saw service in Iraq. I like the German version Mantis too.

Counter Rocker artillery mortar.

Could be easily adapted for drug packages.

With todays advances in millimeter radar like we see on new autos.

Nothing would get past it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

We need Skynet to patrol our borders!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join