It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn. That is deeply worrying.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: queenofswords

Where did the FBI comment on flynns actions?

Okay, I'm going to have to use a "fake news" source, The Washington Post, but I do it because I know you won't mind this one. They are the people that received the intelligence leaks.

FBI Found Nothing Illicit

First of all, that is a couple of weeks out of date, Secondly, the content of the call remains unknown. Flynn's contact was technically illegal. The content may not have been "illicit," however.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

a reply to: purplemer

How many civil servants do you know? Do they know you think they are all assassins?

She didn't say, 'all'. I cannot understand why some posters do what you just did.

Yes you can. She blamed the United States government for the assassination of President Kennedy. You don't have a problem with that?

I thought she used the term 'shadow government'. I'll go back and review later.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Did you look at the second paragraph in the Post article?

The calls were picked up as part of routine electronic surveillance of Russian officials and agents in the United States, which is one of the FBI’s responsibilities, according to the U.S. officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss counterintelligence operations.

Some folks here don't seem to understand that.

I'm not disputing that, although we don't really know until a spokesman for the FBI reveals it.

That, however, does not negate the fact that intelligence was leaked to a person or persons in the media. And THAT IS illegal!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Where did the FBI comment on flynns actions?

Okay, I'm going to have to use a "fake news" source, The Washington Post, but I do it because I know you won't mind this one. They are the people that received the intelligence leaks.

FBI Found Nothing Illicit

First of all, that is a couple of weeks out of date, Secondly, the content of the call remains unknown. Flynn's contact was technically illegal. The content may not have been "illicit," however.

uh??

Meaning of 'illicit':

il·lic·it
i(l)ˈlisit/Submit
adjective
forbidden by law, rules, or custom.
"illicit drugs"
synonyms: illegal, unlawful, illegitimate, criminal, felonious; More
Origin

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

As has been pointed out, Flynn was a private citizen at the time.

As has been pointed out, it's likely the foreign/Russian officials were tapped, not necessarily Flynn. So he was caught in regards to that.

So therefore, a court had to approve the tapping and recording.

Incorrect, if foreign/Russian officials were tapped and he was caught, it's his ass.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I know you aren't disputing that. Others here in the discussion have voiced their opinion that the FBI had no reason to listen to the conversations in which, apparently, it was discovered that Mr. Flynn was communicating regarding American policy positions (and the subversion of same) with an official of a foreign government.

The leaks were illegal; I haven't seen a single person here disagree with that point.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why is a leak regarding Flynn's malfeasance seen as an attack on President Trump?

That seems to be the underpinning here of the OP's thesis ... wouldn't Mr. Trump want to know that one of his subordinates was lying to ... if not him, the Vice President? (Not to mention the American public?)

Flynn has a history of dealing with what used to be called "Flynn facts", i.e. alternate facts, etc. That stems from his time in the military.

He was a deficit not an asset to the Trump Administration. He has now been shown the door.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If they really had something there would be a whistleblower or two . Not illegal leaks which are biased and with no set context.

If this is illegak, how do diplomates ever work to lift sanctions?

And yes, I did think the leaks are lying by calling the contacted Russian a "spy"......
edit on 15-2-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You're right! It was illegal! Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I can't tell if you're dense, obtuse, or funny.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Thank you for admitting your lack of perception.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Thank you for admitting your lack of perception.

I should have added 'childish'.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks to Hillary and the FBI, they set the precedence you only have to have criminal intent when breaking the law.

I still don't think this is illegal. And if it is illegal, prove it was nothing more than two individuals forging future diplomatic channels.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Why don't we drop the pretense here and speak to each other with some basic integrity?

Those who are fans of Mr. Trump need some kind of scapegoat for the bumbling mess he's made thus far of his Presidency.

Those who actively dislike Mr. Trump approve of any source of embarrassment directed at him.

As to my personal opinion, I happen to be fine with President Trump regardless of my estimations of the man, so long as he acts in accordance with the US Constitution and in the best interests of ALL of the American people. He is the elected President of the United States. He represents all of us. To cause damage to him or his Administration without just cause damages the United States.

If he and his campaign collaborated with the Russian government or their agents in an effort to sway the last election ... IF ... that is shown to be fact ... that would be an entirely different face on the matter.

That has not yet been proven, however, so to me, at this point "whoever" leaked this crap did the President a favor -- they helped him get rid of a personal favorite that was a liability.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well I'll be durrned!

Welcome back Gryph!!!!

One of the few members with a certain level of tact.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Prove criminal intent and they were talking to "spies", and not establishing diplomatic ties?

Again, if there really was something illegal, there would be whistleblowers. Not shadowy figures releasing illegal leaks to set a false narrative.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Hiya Blue Baby.

I'm not generally accused of tact ... even in Mr. Churchill's meaning.

So what's your take on this ... do you see these "leaks" as an attempt on the part of the more spooky elements to take Mr. Trump down?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I've got my reservations and am beginning to see a possible pattern emerge. By design or bad choices made on behalf of the POTUS certain things are standing out. In this instance, Flynn being a former? democrat and a part of the Obama administration.

Puzder, who stepped down today, caught using illegal labor. I will have to revisit Lewindowsky for any comparison.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Prove criminal intent and they were talking to "spies", and not establishing diplomatic ties?

Again, if there really was something illegal, there would be whistleblowers. Not shadowy figures releasing illegal leaks to set a false narrative.

I'm honestly finding it difficult to follow your logic ... but, based on what I know:

I haven't suggested that Mr. Flynn has done anything criminal; as noted, the Logan Act is fairly outdated in such circumstances as this.

In regard to "establishing diplomatic ties" ... are you arguing that Flynn was a private citizen or a government representative .... your phrasing seems muddled here.

If there was really something illegal there would be whistleblowers??? That's a profound statement that I don't see much support for.

Folks in and around the government are involved in illegal activity all the time; surely you're aware of that fact.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I've got my reservations and am beginning to see a possible pattern emerge. By design or bad choices made on behalf of the POTUS certain things are standing out. In this instance, Flynn being a former? democrat and a part of the Obama administration.

Puzder, who stepped down today, caught using illegal labor. I will have to revisit Lewindowsky for any comparison.

I don't see any relevance in Flynn's previous party affiliation --- that kind of junk isn't as important as some make it out to be. For those who know, it's smoke and mirrors, and for those that don't, it's rage-fodder.

I remain stunned by Mr. Trump. Every day is ... a joy ride.

At least I'm not bored.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join