It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Rock Being Discussed as Potential Senate Candidate - Idiocracy has arrived

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

by saying i'm not asking for any one to listen,by saying i'm not running for office, after admitting to not being so innocent, and that people don't change, shall i go on.

and the the excuse post.

if you can't see the problem with those, and the relation to being hypocritical or covering your a@@. then your the one that needs to see about help on getting better grasp on critical thought.

tell me if you didn't want people to listen to you why did you make this thread?

better put on your thinking cap.

edit on 15-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Reagan- actor then politician

Franken- comedian and then politician

Nirvana bass player,,"Chris something" now politician.

Sonny bono,,,,

Why would kid Rock be any better or worse than those people?

Schwarzenegger, Jessie Ventura.

Eta They were all something before they were Politicians .

Yes and so was Donald Trump. Look how that's going. Or not going as the case may be.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

In defense of Kid Rock, I'm not so innocent either. Is anyone?

I'm not innocent either. No one is. There are two kinds of corruption - the kind everyone knows about and the kind no one knows about.

I wish I wasn't corrupted.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
something else to ask yourself:

Kid Rock vs Bernie Sanders
vs Nancy Pelosi
vs Jeff Sessions
vs John McCain
vs Mitch McConnell

I mean....why so outraged? Does the worst fears of who/what Kid Rock is actually overcome the actual truth of who the above are?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
something else to ask yourself:

Kid Rock vs Bernie Sanders
vs Nancy Pelosi
vs Jeff Sessions
vs John McCain
vs Mitch McConnell

I mean....why so outraged? Does the worst fears of who/what Kid Rock is actually overcome the actual truth of who the above are?

WTH! How dare you! Just kidding. As I know you must have been.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I would take Kid Rock over Debbie Stabenow anyday.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Kid Rock's name has reportedly been thrown out as a potential Republican contender for Michigan Democrat Debbie Stabenow's Senate seat next year. 
According to Roll Call, Rock's name was brought up at a Michigan Republican Party convention last weekend. There have been no official decisions announced yet. Billboard reached out to the musician's rep for comment but did not receive a response. 

Read all about it here

Have we (the US) turned into a joke or what? What the hell is going on?

You're aware that ANYONE can be president right? It's not reserved for politicians and the elite.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Dead serious.

Running a government where you have to run in a herd of 500+ elected officials seems pretty hard to really screw up. But the insertion of new ideas may not be so bad.

If a vote of "no confidence" were taken among the people, how would we fare?

So i say put Kid Rock in Congress. We already have Stuart Smalley, afterall.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: slapjacks

In defense of Kid Rock, I'm not so innocent either. Is anyone?

No I'm not, but I'm also not being discussed as representative of a constituency.

Well guess what? This is a representative democracy and people vote for who they want to represent them. Why do you have such contempt for democracy?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Why not?

It's ridiculous just because someone is in entertainment, they're deemed stupid or uninformed.

Reagan anyone?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

even someone named Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho>

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well... I think the Constitution is important.

But even the Founders knew it wouldn't last.

There is no good government run by mortals.

One could find a reason to despise any form of government, including a constitutional republic.

Rome had one. They didn't last. Enter Caesar.

Israel had one. They didn't last. Enter Saul.

Corruption is simply inevitable.

If we are alone, the only possible good government is a benign monarch who always has the wisdom to appoint another benign monarch.

Of course, we're not alone, and even that would fail someday. But the most prosperous civilizations always had a monarch.

The U.S. has grown strong through battle. This cannot be attributed to man. Men die in battle. Consider it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I see a lot of people bringing up the fact that he has a past that isn't exactly stately. But I'll just say that he least he has a past, unlike our old friend Chuck Schumer, who went into Politics as soon as he got out of college and has done nothing in his life besides that. I wonder if the same people that are putting down Kid Rock's past also support good old Chucky boy?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Beavis and Butthead, Homer Simpson, Eric Cartman, the list just goes on and on.

Kidding again. Although he might not be worse than anybody, there is nothing that makes him better than anybody either. I think we're screwing up with all this. People need a clue about what they are doing, the repercussions, and know how to finesse government issues. It's complicated business, and not anybody off the street (or stage) can pick up and make good decisions. I believe that. This whole 'get rid of the politicians" thing is not going to end well.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Beavis and Butthead, Homer Simpson, Eric Cartman, the list just goes on and on.

Kidding again. Although he might not be worse than anybody, there is nothing that makes him better than anybody either. I think we're screwing up with all this. People need a clue about what they are doing, the repercussions, and know how to finesse government issues. It's complicated business, and not anybody off the street (or stage) can pick up and make good decisions. I believe that. This whole 'get rid of the politicians" thing is not going to end well.

If you have ever met a man or woman, you will soon realize that people with a personality that matches the common mentality will make much more headway in representative government.

That's why otherwise intelligent people choose to make gangsta rap. Mo money.

Politicians have been far removed from common now.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Oh gawd... it's like another Ted but an even cheaper sell-out version. I'm going to start calling him "McNugent".

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Oh gawd... it's like another Ted but an even cheaper sell-out version. I'm going to start calling him "McNugent".

Don't forget the sweet and sour sauce.

And everyone loves eating something that starts with "Mc".

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

I'm glad we're on the same page. We both agree that Kid Rock is intrinsically more useful as food than he is a musician or politician.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm glad we're on the same page. We both agree that Kid Rock is intrinsically more useful as food than he is a musician or politician.

Well, politics and music and food all generate the same emotionally charged opinions. In my mind, they are all simply manifestations of the same things appealing to different senses.
edit on 2/15/2017 by TarzanBeta because: Gramma.

edit on 2/15/2017 by TarzanBeta because: I said music, it said money. Coincidence...?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Well, politics and money and food all generate the same emotionally charged opinions. In my mind, they are all simply manifestations of the same things appealing to different senses.

Someday, when the means to production has reached an apex of consolidation, and the rich find they can't eat money, we'll find out how symbiotic their emotionally-charged opinions on food, politics, and money truly are.

In the meantime, it nurtures my soul imagining Kid Rock's albums being grilled on a BBQ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join