It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Rock Being Discussed as Potential Senate Candidate - Idiocracy has arrived

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

or .. Barak yeter...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I had the chance to see this guy live as well as have a short chat with him. Not only is he a literal musical genius...Playing every instrument on stage as well as scratching on turn tables. He came off as pretty intelligent and rational in the short conversation I had with him. I guess after he is packed apart by both sides we will really get an idea of his qualifications though.

I do however see where you could construe this as you have though...He definitely puts on an act that reminds me of something out of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy with the president's character.

TBH I think this is just more people saying enough with the established political types we have now though

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Reagan- actor then politician

Franken- comedian and then politician

Nirvana bass player,,"Chris something" now politician.

Sonny bono,,,,

Why would kid Rock be any better or worse than those people?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Anything Kid Rock has ever said in a song can never be held against him. It is Art.

Because we elected this guy President

Ronald Reagan slaps a woman

That's Art too

edit on 15-2-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Sonny bono,,,,

Schwarzenegger, Jessie Ventura.

Eta They were all something before they were Politicians .
edit on 15-2-2017 by Shangralah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Sonny bono,,,,

Schwarzenegger, Jessie Ventura.

Etc, etc, etc

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Seriously. What has Michigan done to earn such a massive improvement over typical candidates? Does anyone actually believe the typical Republican or Democrat candidate is any better than Kid Rock?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah
Why not Kid Rock? He cant be any worse than the establishment the last 25 years.

I would love to see this happen.

That's what they thought about tRump and the can of worms has just been opened.
edit on 15-2-2017 by ugmold because: a

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

so your making a statement, who admits to being not so innocent,about someone that you see as unfit, because they were rowdy/ maybe by some calling it violent in their past, with nothing current

can't you see how big a hypocrite you are being. i'm done with you

I
a) never said he was unfit, I merely made reference to a movie trailer...but feel free to point out where I said he was unfit

b) am not hypocrite as I am not running for any elected office

c) completely indifferent about whether or not 'you are done with me' as I didn't specifically call out hounddoghowlie for comment on my thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

please, go on and try to make excuses. it's plain to see what you meant, all you posts speak for them self.

edit on 15-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
this is America. money and fame rules and can buy you (into) anything.

i dont need to prove this statement, this statement would not have been possible without proof.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

all you posts speak for them self.

That's great news to me, it means I'm being clear and concise.

Do you have anything to add to the topic other than personal attacks? Or are you really done this time?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

when you say things that are untrue, or that are hypocritical then back track and try to cover your a@@ you open yourself up to ridicule.
if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

edit on 15-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I don't give two craps about Kid Rock, but this claim is absolute bull#. People can and do grow, learn and change through the passage of time. To say otherwise is absurd.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

when you say things that are untrue, or that are hypocritical then back track and try to cover your a@@ you open yourself up to ridicule.
if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

LOL cover my a$$? on what? I was never hypocritical OR have anything that I need to CMA on, so clearly you have no capacity for critical thought. Good luck in the future.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I don't give two craps about Kid Rock, but this claim is absolute bull#. People can and do grow, learn and change through the passage of time. To say otherwise is absurd.

It's not untrue OR absurd....while their actions may change over time and how they approach things, a persons baseline character does not change.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Our Founding Fathers would overthrow this current government in a heart beat if they were alive today.

Kid Rock? Are you #ing kidding me?

Soldiers who put their lives on the line for this nation are rolling in their graves.

Is this truly how far America has fallen?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Sure but defining a persons true character is pretty effing hard to do. A snapshot at a few points in their life comes no where near close to doing it.

If you got me at a certain point, you'd think I was a homophobic, sexist asshole. Now I'm no where near either of those things and am even Transgender. I was the way I was cause I was overcompensating for my confusion and place in society. Snap shots tell you jack # about who a person is, cause you lack why they did what they did, and lacking that you don't know what change is possible.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You are judging him by his public (industry created) image from 20+ years ago.

You should read the things he says today, to get some context behind who he is as a person (and not a branded entertainer):

“I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it’s not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don’t look forward to marrying gay people, but I’m not opposed to it,” Rock told The Guardian last month.

That sounds like something I would say, minus the minister stuff and support of the military.

ijr.com...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join