It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Rock Being Discussed as Potential Senate Candidate - Idiocracy has arrived

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Kid Rock's name has reportedly been thrown out as a potential Republican contender for Michigan Democrat Debbie Stabenow's Senate seat next year. 
According to Roll Call, Rock's name was brought up at a Michigan Republican Party convention last weekend. There have been no official decisions announced yet. Billboard reached out to the musician's rep for comment but did not receive a response. 

Read all about it here

Have we (the US) turned into a joke or what? What the hell is going on?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

actually kid rock has a good head on his shoulders, don't let the image he puts out in his occupation fool you.

'Rolling Stone' Asks Kid Rock His Political Views. He Doesn't Hold Back

“I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it’s not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don’t look forward to marrying gay people, but I’m not opposed to it,” Rock told The Guardian last month.

It's comments like these that have led some to consider Rock a libertarian and not a Republican. Either way, it has made him a rarity in Hollywood these days - an unabashedly, outspoken conservative superstar.

edit on 15-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why not Kid Rock? He cant be any worse than the establishment the last 25 years.

I would love to see this happen.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

His first album was dope. "Grit Sandwiches for Breakfast"

Look it up.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I LOVE MURICA!

LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Shangralah

Did you SEE Idiocracy? Because... well...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

actually kid rock has a good head on his shoulders, don't let the image he puts out in his occupation fool you.

'Rolling Stone' Asks Kid Rock His Political Views. He Doesn't Hold Back

It's comments like these that have led some to consider Rock a libertarian and not a Republican. Either way, it has made him a rarity in Hollywood these days - an unabashedly, outspoken conservative superstar.

He does?

Robert James Ritchie (aka Kid Rock) was arrested in October 2007 by Georgia police and charged with misdemeanor simple battery after he and his entourage allegedly beat up another customer at a Waffle House

Source

Kid Rock was arrested today (Feb. 16) by Nashville police on charges that he punched a disc jockey at a strip club. The 34-year-old artist was released after posting a $3,000 bond on a charge of simple assault, a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.

"Everything is wonderful. It was a beautiful night," Rock said as he left the Criminal Justice Center.

He had appeared a few hours earlier before Night Court Commissioner Howard Taradash. Kid Rock laughed and joked with the two officers who arrested him and two others there for the hearing as he stood in the dock -- a small room with a large glass window that separates defendants from the commissioner and observers.

Authorities said he was charged after a 3 a.m. altercation at Christie's Cabaret near downtown Nashville.

"Inside the establishment there was a squabble concerning, I guess, the selection of music," Nashville police Sgt. James Smith told reporters.

Source

42-year-old Robert James Ritchie aka Kid Rock is no stranger to jail cells largely stemming from his temper. While he has enjoyed success as a singer with record sales to date of 27 million, the five-time Grammy nominated singer has been arrested over seemingly insignificant matters that his temper blew out of proportion.

Source

I don't know, to me that sounds like some good "why nots"

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

In defense of Kid Rock, I'm not so innocent either. Is anyone?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I loved Kid Rock when he was wearing the otter skin jacket that was stitched on the inside "I must be otter my mind" Just to piss off PETA and Pam Anderson.

edit on 15-2-2017 by Shangralah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

In defense of Kid Rock, I'm not so innocent either. Is anyone?

No I'm not, but I'm also not being discussed as representative of a constituency.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

so your one of those that holds someones past against them.
i was a rowdy ass in my younger days, lots of people were.
i don't see any thing about him being a convicted felon or mass murderer.

got any thing more current?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Bono, Jon Bonjovi, Sting, J K. Rowling et al. Rich idiots that live life's that are totally detached from the day to day concerns ordinary people face make me want to vomit. Stay in your highly secure gated communities and concentrate on your trivial function of entertaining the people who made you the wealthy Ill-informed, fortunate nothings that you are.
edit on 15-2-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't need anything more current...a persons character doesn't change with the passing of time.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Why not? Liberals are constantly throwing hollyweirdos and entertainers in our faces like we care about their progressive political stances. So if an entertainer who happens to lean right wants to get in on the game, he should go for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

..a persons character doesn't change with the passing of time.

that right there is utter bullsH@@, i refer you to your reply to slapjack"s post.

No I'm not, but I'm also not being discussed as representative of a constituency.

so have you changed, or are you still the same not so innocent person, and if so why should we listen to you on this subject?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm pretty sure I outlined the 'why nots' in a prior post.

And to be honest, throwing "hollyweirdos" in our faces in support of a candidate is not tantamount to being considered for a senate seat.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

..a persons character doesn't change with the passing of time.

that right there is utter bullsH@@, i refer you to your reply to slapjack"s post.

so have you changed, or are you still the same not so innocent person, and if so why should we listen to you on this subject?

I'm not asking anyone at all to do anything, least of which is listen.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

What we are seeing is just a transition into Gen X taking power.

OK, I'm an "X'er" . I love Hip Hop. I love it. I wanted to be an MC. I wrote dirty rhymes too. I banged chicks, I drank beer, I tried drugs. But I got an education and a job and a family and a life. I'm sure back in the day, Jazz, Swing, and freaking Elvis incited "bad behavior".

But yet, those genres are now considered American staples. Hip Hop is too.

That is what made me an American. That behavior is what most people go through and makes them, them.

Most of us walking around town are fairly normal. And I'm sure there are a few old ass leaders in DC right now in power that have done far worse than Kid Rock ever did.

I'd vote for that fool.
edit on 15-2-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

so your making a statement, who admits to being not so innocent,about someone that you see as unfit, because they were rowdy/ maybe by some calling it violent in their past, with nothing current

can't you see how big a hypocrite you are being. i'm done with you

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Have we (the US) turned into a joke or what?

Why the hell not ?

If a political hack like Al Franken from SNL can get elected.

WHY NOT a musician?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join