It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Sleep Paralysis.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi all,

I really need some advice or tips on this matter.

When i was 12, i got interested in lucid dreaming. Ive read a dutch forum about it and decided to try it. I guess i might have a talent for these kind of things because the first night i tried, i had a lucid dream right away. My interest in it soon faded away because in the meantime i 'discovered' Astral Projection which took over all my interest and attention.

After weeks and months of reading about it i decided to give it a try. Like i said above, i guess i have a talent for these things because this also worked the first time i tried. I just call it talent because ive read en heard that it could take people months, even years to get to the state of being able to pop out. Imagine how surprised i was. Anyway, there was this very loud high pitched tone. The funny thing is im hearing this sound ever since i could remember. I can induce it whenever i want ever since i was a child. Maybe this has to do with the talent i seem to have for these kimda things?

Anyway, i instinctively knew that if i would focus on the sound it would become more intense. So i did. I focussed and it got louder than i could ever imagine. Suddenly there were thunders and bangs, frighteningly loud. Like my city was getting bombed. Then i became completely paralyzed. I did seem to be able to open and close my eyes, i could see a bit. I tried to yell, hoping someone heard it and 'wakes' me but i couldnt make a sound. I was terrified and just in a state of total panic.

This was 18 years ago, when i was 12. Im 30 now and in all those years ive tried 1000's of times but i never get passed the fear. It frustrates me cause i really seem to have a talent for it which is getting wasted. All those times after that over the course of 18 years, it worked right away. Its like i can induce it solely with some willpoper. Its such a waste and im really annoyed at not using that talent.

Its not that i fear demons or entities. Of course its always on my mind a bit but ive never ever experienced any negative things while paralysed. Its really the paralysis itself which scares me to bits. Maybe the fact of losing control or whatever. Maybe its fear of losing control and not being able to move in case there would be something or someone negative I can 'sense' when it is coming. Sometimes i wake up and know its coming or im half paralysed already. I stop it with moving my arm or my toe. It keeps coming back until i get out of bed and walk a bit.

Ive read the forums, ive searched Google. All i can find are tips to overcome fear of entities or negativity but nothing about the fear for sleep paralysis itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. After 18 years its time to stop wasting this talent and just get on with it.

Some people write they can project without sleep paralyses. Oh the envy!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMind

Maybe its fear of losing control and not being able to move in case there would be something or someone negative I can 'sense' when it is coming. Sometimes i wake up and know its coming or im half paralysed already. I stop it with moving my arm or my toe. It keeps coming back until i get out of bed and walk a bit.

Meeting powerful spirits face to face usually induces a fear response.

Its being careful, only approaching if you allow it. Probably a friendly.

After 18 years its time to stop wasting this talent and just get on with it.

I agree. Time to see whats over that fear horizon. If it was going to consume you it would have already.

Get on with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I have SP. It's rarely a fun thing. A very few times it has been. But not often.

Some SP episodes *might* be the preludes to an OOBE. But I've had OOBE's twice, and they never started with an SP episode.

I know some people from the Army days that do projection, and they do it without SP. I can't do it on demand. But they'll tell you it's not without danger. Some people end up stuck for some time in the "other reality" which seems to be a sort of horse and buggy version of the US where the world basically stalled in the 1870s, or in first level hell. (if you've ever seen Brainstorm, it's the part with the people screaming and the bloody parts), the ones that make it to the current space and time can also end up trapped in various locations.

For example, "they say" the US has a team of people who can do this and guard the President, and they're pretty ballsy. If you end up trying to wander into the White House, you'll end up trapped in a recursive dream.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Maybe its fear of losing control and not being able to move in case there would be something or someone negative I can 'sense' when it is coming. Sometimes i wake up and know its coming or im half paralysed already. I stop it with moving my arm or my toe. It keeps coming back until i get out of bed and walk a bit.

Meeting powerful spirits face to face usually induces a fear response.

Its being careful, only approaching if you allow it. Probably a friendly.

After 18 years its time to stop wasting this talent and just get on with it.

I agree. Time to see whats over that fear horizon. If it was going to consume you it would have already.

Get on with it.

The things is, ive never seen, heard or experienced an entity, person or thing. Never in all those times of being paralysed. It seems its just the paralysis itself which scares me. And i dont get it, cause i know its not neccesarily a bad thing and neither have i, like i said, ecperienced any negativity. I really dont understand why the paralysis scares me so much

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You are like me... Often referred by some as a "Leaper". One whom can astrally travel almost instantaneously without effort.

I too have spent 45+ years learning how to turn it off to get through the day... Contact me privately if you wish... will not discuss in-on forum.

Best. MS

*PS Beware the dark ones... They are real and can deceive appearing as a relative or old friend passed on...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

You are like me... Often referred by some as a "Leaper". One whom can astrally travel almost instantaneously without effort.

I too have spent 45+ years learning how to turn it off to get through the day... Contact me privately if you wish... will not discuss in-on forum.

Best. MS

*PS Beware the dark ones... They are real and can deceive appearing as a relative or old friend passed on...

Hmm i cant send a pm. Maybe because of my post-count?

Anyway, you say im a leaper just like you, but ive never been 'out there'. All i can is induce an AP at will, without any effort indeed. I just can seem to get over the fear of the sleep paralysis. I'd like to PM you so ill keep tabs on when im able to..

@bedlum, thanks, interesting. Luckily i have no interest in visiting the White House.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I really don't understand why the paralysis scares me so much

Its not the paralysis so much as the imminent proximity of a spirit that gives us that fear response. Because we have no realm of experience for such encounters, it is literally out of this world. Any time I ever met one I was scared, too.

I know its a 'bible 'story' but even in there the encounters are fright filled. In one example the witness claims he fell down "as though he were dead".

Hows that for paralysis?

You may not be waiting long enough (when we are afraid, time slows down)) or welcoming whatever comes next enough.

Try waiting out the cacophony of noise until you find out whats behind it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Interesting... consider too that when you aren't 'home' in your body, the drivers seat is empty, someone or something else may try to inhabit it.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have had SP all of my life, and have learned to not only welcome it, but control it.
I also have OOBE, but that has nothing to do with SP.
They are two different things and one doesn't begin or end with the other.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hi.

There's a recent documentary, not so much a film, on this concept.

The Nightmare

I've been wanting to watch it, but since I live alone, I'm not so sure this would be a very good idea.

Has anyone here seen it yet?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Interesting... consider too that when you aren't 'home' in your body, the drivers seat is empty, someone or something else may try to inhabit it.

My two OOBEs were relatively short, the first one was pretty prosy, the second one a bit more out there.

Some of the Army guys that I knew who were actually capable of doing it on demand spoke of the 'other world' where it was always sort of Gunsmoke that never advanced past the 1870s technically. I suppose they didn't have an Einstein, Tesla or Edison.

They™ tell me that there are a lot of archetypal warning markers over there that inspire terror in newbies. I don't know myself.

eta: This is Doug Trumbull's version of it, they tell me the first level hell bit (very short) is accurate. If you've never watched the movie, I would recommend it to you - Brainstorm with Christopher Walken. Basically, it's about a DARPA project gone bad where a scientist discovers a way to record a full sensory record in real time from a person to a tape. She dies with the recorder going. Walken is adamant about viewing it. The rest of the movie rotates around it.

edit on 15-2-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It's usually your own breath. Seriously. You have to understand that you start off right above yourself with your 'ear' just outside your body's mouth.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I made a thread on sleep paralysis yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A lot of discussion and stories if you or anyone here is interested.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I too could astral project fairly easily. What you said about inducing a sound? What I could hear when I would project was a what sounded like a giant fan. Like a a helicopter blade.

OK, is the sound you induce made if you can like move your ears with your head muscles and keep them in place and it makes a vibration sound?
edit on 15-2-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

It's usually your own breath. Seriously. You have to understand that you start off right above yourself with your 'ear' just outside your body's mouth.

The rushing sound is oft accompanied with traveling in a tunnel, the number of direct experience accounts I have read give credibility (imo) to that phenomena. Never heard it associated wth breathing before. Breathing is rhythmic, the rushing noise being steady.

(Considers the warning about drug experiences and goes ahead anyway

The first time I actually got high on good pot I was walking around looking down at the top of everyones head, halfway in and halfway out of my body.

I heard no sound, saw no tunnel, I was not entering a different world, able to maintain a normal conversation with someone I was walking with. I was still connected here, just that I was seeing the world from a ten foot tall perspective. Yet I was still walking along a dirt path and talking to someone beside me, looking down at the top of his head.

edit on 15-2-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

I too could astral project fairly easily. What you said about inducing a sound? What I could hear when I would project was a what sounded like a giant fan. Like a a helicopter blade.

OK, is the sound you induce made if you can like move your ears with your head muscles and keep them in place and it makes a vibration sound?

No, its exactly like the sound you hear when you have been to a concert or stand next to loud speakers for a few hours. Exactly the same. Very high continuous pitch. Difference with people i aaked is i can hear it whenever i want and the people i aaked cant. I just hear the sound on demand when i want to AP. Then i listen to it, focus on it and it will start to get louder until i am paralysed and ready to get out. Which i never do because the paralysis keeps scaring me for over 18 years.

EDIT: I dont have to do anything. I dont have to move muscles or focus on breathing or whatever else. I just think about the sound and it comes up right away. I feel like it takes a minute or three from starting the sound on demand until sleep paralysis. Could be longer or shorter though, but thats how it feels to me
edit on 15 2 2017 by DutchMind because: Add

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That high pitched sound continues to get louder and louder until you feel physical pain in your ear drums. Like a really bad ear ache. If you can get past your fear and let it finish its course the sound will suddenly stop and you'll be in SP. The sound won't hurt you... trust me. It might be scary but it's all in your head, so to speak

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl

That high pitched sound continues to get louder and louder until you feel physical pain in your ear drums. Like a really bad ear ache. If you can get past your fear and let it finish its course the sound will suddenly stop and you'll be in SP. The sound won't hurt you... trust me. It might be scary but it's all in your head, so to speak

It never hurts, and i do get past te sound into SP everytime. Its not the sound that scares me, its the SP.

And, like i said before, im not scared of seeing things. In fact ive never seen, heard or felt any negativity. No entities no nothing. Its just the SP itself which scares me. I dont even know why...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well you must know why it scares you.......

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I believe you.

But have you not noticed it yet?

We currently are in the horse and buggy version.

I remember when it happened, at first i thought i was home, then i thought, well close enough.
Now i understand just how warped this reality is.
edit on 15-2-2017 by solve because: PHILIP K DICK- UBIK CURES ALL, YOU CAN BUY IT FROM THE STORE!!!!! IT IS CALLED UBIQUINONE!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join