It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the people hoping for a trump impeachment...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't want Pence.

He would become somewhat hampered if Dems manage to take seats back in 2018.

At this point, is there anyone at the top who isn't tainted? Are we going to see President Tillerson or something??

Blah. Strap in people, this is going to be a bumpy ride...

At this point, the Democrats are going left and lefter. They aren't gettingmore votes very easily in most of the places they've lost barring full on throwing people in ovens which is, I know, what you all are convinced is going to start happening any day now.

Face it.

Most people have been excluded by the Democrat parties meesage of inclusion.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are we really? Or has the right given into the far right agenda so we just LOOK further Left from where they are standing.

I recall people on the right claiming Obama was going to take their guns, load them onto trains and send them to FEMA camps.

So I guess the right aught to know how that feels? Hopefully all our fears are as baseless as those were.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Saw a video from a guy that used to host a show for the young turks, saying how the left has left behind liberal ideology and gone all in on identity politics... in his opinion that is why the Democrats have been getting shellacked at all levels of government for 8 years.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Pence being president, while it will be a big setback, he at least will be more predictable than Trump.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

While I'm totally unenthusiastic about an ultra-right wing conservative christian like Pence taking the helm, I'm more concerned with being a shadow Russian proxy nation. I'll take social and societal retardation over a strategic political annexation of our nation by arguable the most egregious single despot in the last quarter century. I have nothing against the Russian people, but everything against Putin.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Pence / Haley running in 2024. Also GOP don't want to impeach Trump since that would look bad on GOP.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't know, and don't even really care if Trump will be impeached or not
The why's and wherefores don't matter

My distinct gut feeling is that it's a foregone conclusion
Trump will not not last long
For whatever reason

I can not see him lasting six months, in all honesty.

Logically, Pence steps in (as with Gerald Ford/Nixon)
and has to re-convene elections 2 yrs later

Cue a scramble to find 'new heads' to vote for

Re-wash, re-spin, re-wind

Bernie ? Rubio ? Cruz ?

Whoever, once the jockeying starts from the 'names'
then you'll know the fix is in

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I've said since Election Day that the only thing scarier than a trump presidency is trump being impeached( or otherwise removed from Office via 25th amendment. Pence is 10x scarier than Trump. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't right?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I don't know if I really by your assertations. We have two historical precedence that show two different things. In 74 when Nixon resigned the country and it's voting habits were a lot different. The South was still known as the solid South then. The Republicans got killed in the house race and lost 4 seats in the Senate. But that was over 40 years ago and the demographics and the division in the country were much different. In 1998 when Clinton was impeached the Senate held serve and the Democrats actually gained a few seats in the House.

Looking ahead to 2018 we see that there are 33 Senate seats up for grabs. 23 of them belong to Democrats and two of them belong to Independence that caucus with the Democrats. That means over 75% of the seats that are up or Democrats. Five of the eat Republican seats that are up or long-term income instead of probably going nowhere. In due to gerrymandering and redistricting it's going to be awfully hard for the Democrats to take the house in one year. The kicker is that many many many members of the GOP against Trump from the Start and still stand against him. It's going to have to be something really really bad and the Democrats are going to have to tie even those opposed to Trump to Trump to be able to take either chamber and 2018. So that would give pants a full-term with both Chambers and the Supreme Court on his side. If he can enact positive change then I wouldn't consider him a for sure one-term president

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cutiepies
Pence / Haley running in 2024. Also GOP don't want to impeach Trump since that would look bad on GOP.

They can all fall back on the nasty things they said about him in the Primaries, before the Great Unwashed made them look like fools. Just you watch...the GOP will come after Trump looking like the cavalry!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel

Logically, Pence steps in (as with Gerald Ford/Nixon)
and has to re-convene elections 2 yrs later

Cue a scramb

That's not what would happen. Pence would serve until at least January 2021 per the Constitution

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy
I just can't see things going as far as 2018 legis.
The US could be embroiled in new Presidential elections.

Seriously : it'll be time for a rethink, Trump'll be gone,
Pence is left holding the reins

And .. no-one voted for this guy and his fundamental stuff, what gives ?

New Pres. elections 2018/mid 2019

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

All Vice-Presidents appear on the ticket and are voted upon. Have you ever voted?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join