It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan’s protest leads town hall to ban kids' song about fox being shot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My second thread here on ATS and my second thread with a mischievous smile, this happened in small town in Hesse, in Europe's Germany.

"A small town in Hesse has removed a children's song about a fox stealing a goose from its repertoire of town hall bell melodies, after a vegan resident became quite upset.
The storybook town of Limburg an der Lahn in Hesse enjoys serenading its residents with melodies played by its town hall glockenspiel - an instrument made up of chimes, also called a carillon.

The tunes included the classic 19th century children’s song Fuchs, Du hast die Gans gestohlen - “Fox, you stole the Goose”. That is, it included the folk tune until a vegan woman complained.

The song describes a mischievous fox who steals a goose, and the singer warns the bushy-tailed creature that the hunter will now likely kill him.

Town spokesman Johannes Laubach said on Thursday that the tune reminded the woman of the song's lyrics, which tell the fox: “the hunter will get you with his gun”.

The vegan woman works within earshot of the glockenspiel, and therefore asked the mayor for some relief from the upsetting song.

So town hall leader Marius Hahn banned the song for the first time from the list, not wanting to be a 'monster' to the woman."

The song can be heard here: www.thelocal.de...

From - www.thelocal.de...

This time seems like the Fox got away for good

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Once again i find myself saying , first world problems eh .
edit on 15-2-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SubstractoI have no strong feelings on this one way or another. On one hand it's just a song, I'd hate to see her reaction to what happens to cows or chickens. On the other hand, it's a stupid sounding song and I would personally rather not hear it. I mean, good for her I guess...?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

I guess, the mayor aproved the request of one single person about a song heard by maybe some hundred people, thats politician material right there!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I wonder if she feels for the goose that would be eaten by the fox.... or does she think the fox is stealing the goose to take it to a dance?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I wonder if she feels for the goose that would be eaten by the fox.... or does she think the fox is stealing the goose to take it to a dance?

One of my favorites.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Meh wouldve gave her set of foam earplugs an told her get the hell out of my office .

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Will the madness never stop?
I just wanna know:
What did the fox say?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is city level politics.

This is the kind of nonsense your tax dollars support.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Banning a children's song really? Is banning meat not enough for the vegans?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986
It's the lack of red meat that has drove them to insanity!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Good question!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Once again i find myself saying , first world problems eh .

Yes but the first world must be desensitized to killing - add violent video games, being called a pu$$y if you don't eat meat, legal baby murder, etc, and voila! Death and killing isn't THAT bad anymore. Can we go to war now?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
My God, wait until she hears Dr Ironbeard in the original low German. The hideous mockery of the disabled will cause her heart to stop.

I'll cure your ills with healing arts,
Oh, I can make the blind to talk,
the lame to see, the deaf to walk.

Sing tor-i-ay! sing tor-i-ay! Twilly-willy-wit boom boom boom boom.

Or, if you'd prefer it translated into English by the Amish:

edit on 15-2-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'm waiting for Pink Floyd to change the lyrics from Another Brick In the Wall, from Teachers leave them kids alone to Hunters leave them foxes alone.

By the way foxes are beautiful to look at and interact, they can be domesticated too.
edit on 15-2-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
While this is not an upgraded version of the original, being based on a Real Life Event, it's sort of similar in feel:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
And things like this are why I want to live far away from people...

I think most modern "music" is an assault on the senses and should be banned for the greater good of humanity... but I acknowledge some actually like the garbage that is played on the radio so I ignore it.

God forbid someone just go on about their day with out being "triggered" .... I am truly starting to loathe humanity... with all the problems in the world... homeless, hungry men, women and children, genocide, war, disease... she gets her knickers in a twist over a folk song..

Sod it... I need whiskey.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
To me that's kind of silly but, perhaps it was upsetting to her.

Lucky her that the person in charge didn't mind halting one song.

Lol......

-Alee

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven
I'd hate to see her reaction to what happens to cows or chickens.

Well, if you're not a farm kid it's sort of hideous, I'd expect.

I had pets all up and down the phylogenic tree, from our rooster to the neighbor's pig, but it's never a good thing if you might end up eating them.

When I was a youngun, I recall it bothering me to some extent, but a very wise old fella (a Shinto practioner) once told me something that went like this - "Everything alive feeds on death. Your life depends on the death of billions of organisms from bacteria to the chicken you ate for lunch. You cannot avoid this. But what you can ask yourself is - was your contribution to Life today equal to the death that supported you? It is the only question that is worth asking yourself."

I have been the last thing many living things saw. Many chickens died to bring you this information. I am quite sure this vegan lady's head would explode at my one hand rotary decapitation technique for chickens. But it did stand me in good stead in the Army when we got the "Ranger Chicken" challenge.

OTOH, I can't watch my goats, cows or pigs meet their fate. It's a personal weakness from the 4H days. I'd rather trade with another farmer. It's very hard for me to not pet-ify my mammalian farm critters.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Wouldn't it be awesome if she was actually a metalhead? lol

Oh the irony...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join