It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driving into an abandoned mine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Driving into the abandoned Reward mine in Panamint mountains near Manzanar, California.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: vernichter

That is a great video, did you turn around in the mine or drive all the way through? Do you know what they were mining for?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Badd Azzzz
Hope you found the mother load.
Keep the Oxygen tanks handy.

S&F

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Interesting..

Looks like exploratory drilling to see what was in the mountain.

Would be fun to poke around in there, granted, I can't say I'd wanna take my car through anything like that. Besides, I could use the walking.. haha..

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
You went in there alone?

So did you find anything interesting in there? Aliens or ghosts or gold or...some nice crystals perhaps? Maybe some government failed genetically mutated creature? I know, I watch too many movies. That was an interesting vid, spooky, but interesting.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Damn, doesn't the CO from the cars exhaust sink to the bottom?

Now I want my Jeep back.

Thanks for sharing such a BA video, I'm jealous now

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

You must have had one tuff Canary bro ... !

What is his/her name ... ?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
in no particular order :

driving into abandoned metaliferous mines is not a partyucularly good idea - unless you have pre surveyed it or seen an accurate abandonment plan - this is because ore extraction creates " stopes " and these are often bridged at a later date with a " false floor " a suspenended level - that over time can become indistiguishable from a solid rock floor - but has rotted to a dangerous degree and is now not load bearing

" reward mine " is a gold mine - there are pictures and trip reports online

there is a very low risk from carbon monoxide [ vehicle exahust ] - unless the vehicle is operated for a long time in far more confined spaces than shown in the OP

lastly - mines such as this tend to have a pretty good atmosphere - the only real danger is carbon dioxide buildup - from rotting timbers etc

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
There are no support timbers there. If they were the main danger would not come from CO2. Just some ladders, but this is nothing.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Dang, that's awesome. I've been into a few abandoned ones on foot, but never thought about on 4 wheels....

Here in Butte, MT there are miles and miles of mine shafts underneath this once booming mining town. I don't know though if there are any without chained up gates that you could drive into. Something I'll have to check out now that my interest is peaked with this video.

I thought I could say I've towed and seen every situation imaginable with our towing company, but honestly could say it would be a first having to be called up needing a tow out of an abandoned mine.... Nice work with getting out.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

From the location I would guess they were mining for silver or gold. Probably silver?

Anyway, vernichter, if at any point in your life someone accuses you of being gutless, show them this.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Cool video. But I'd be afraid to take my car in a place like that. I have a pretty decent AWD vehicle, but would be too chicken I'd get it stuck or suffer a cave in or something.

(post by jack102 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join