It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS " aniversaries " just WTF ?????????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You know this is just bizarre. I think it's total BS for people to do the whole "no more Trump topics" thing....but while I disagree completely, at least in that case I can see that many days thr front page is chocked full of Trump topics. Again I disagree but I get it

But in this case, you would have had to go to forums, then go to the bottom and click on a board EXCLUSIVELY made for member discussion about other members...not celebs, not sports, not general chit chat...literally about nothing but members....then had to sit and either count or open anniversary threads...come back to complain about them.

It's bizarre....Like why would you to that board when it is the least juicy...least conspiracy related boad and check out topics you apparently hate...why? Those topics are probably the easiest to avoid

And what do you actually care if people do this out of your eyesight? Or if somehow the member board is important to you...then what do you care if these threads happen when you can literally avoid them?

Are you jealous? I don't buy cynical...cynical to me would be a complaint like "these people are all fakers."

So what is it? Or will you not return....which is your absolute right to do...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I get where the OP is coming from. Why should people be lauded for being a registered member on a website for X period of time? What's the big deal?

For me, it's more than that. I joined ATS 9 years ago (2 days short - whooops, don't anybody stone me now, lol!) I lurked for about 4 years, but I wish I joined then. I have gained many friends on this website over the years. Some have become very close and dear friends.

If I felt I wanted to send a shout out to one of them on ATS by creating a thread, in my appreciation for them and their contribution to ATS, why shouldn't I?

I'm sure that there are many members here that do not, or can not express their views in the real world because of how society will judge them, as well as the impact it could have on their lives (think of people's careers)

ATS is an outlet to share those views anonymously. In turn, you meet like minded people and make friends. I don't see a problem with a member giving a high five to an ATS buddy.

(Now if you don't mind, I'm off to figure out a way to Punch DBCowboy)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That's a lot of ranting to do to clue people in to how much you want one.

Just chill. No one ever notices the milestones of my life IRL or online and that's fine with me. I'm used to it. When you're born in January you kind of get upstaged by the holidays which steal your thunder ... plus, cold ... and seasonal affective disorder ... and cold ...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I had a lot of catching up to do in here. First, I would like to thank everyone who made such nice comments in my defense and in defense of anyone starting such threads. Very heart warming!!!!

I can't always keep up with everyone's Anniversaries and Birthdays. Sometimes I am very busy or have things going on in my life and might miss it, or my sleeping patterns are so screwed up, most of the day is gone by the time I get online, so I kind of miss it that way. Some people I know very well, others not so well, but someone alerts me to their special day. I also have pieces of paper I jot things down on and end up losing them, so I may miss a special occasion that way too.

The main thing is that to some people, their ATS Anniversary means something to them, I know mine does. I have met some truly amazing, fascinating, loving, comical, kind and compassionate people here. I have learned things from the various topics here. I may not comment in a lot of threads because someone else said something already that I would have said in the exact same way or even better, so I star and flag the thread and keep reading.

To those who don't appreciate the Anniversary and Birthday threads, just skip past them and find a thread you do enjoy. I'm sure you do find some or you wouldn't be a member here.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I had a lot of catching up to do in here. First, I would like to thank everyone who made such nice comments in my defense and in defense of anyone starting such threads. Very heart warming!!!!

The only reason you're saying this Miss Too Much Time on Her Hands is that 2-22 is right around the corner.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL! How sweet of you to notice. YES, my very own ATS Anniversary! Yay!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOL! How sweet of you to notice. YES, my very own ATS Anniversary! Yay!!!!

I'm lame when it comes to posting, so leave my stats out of this one. lol! However I will add that I think Augustus is having a little fun here. Consider...

31923 Posts
3420 Days since registered = 9.33 posts per day

29709 Posts
3281 Days since registered = 9.05 posts per day

I'm not Sheldon or Leonard on Big Bang Theory, but somehow those numbers seem to indicate someone else has more time on their hands. LOL!!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i expected " siome " response - but FFS - the lunatics really have taken over the asylum now

the only thing i can say - is go back and read what i ACTUALLY wrote in my OP because - most replies seem to have not read it or comprehended it at all

as for the calls for me to apologies - WOW just wow - never going to happen because i did not actually insult anyone

but hey - keep up the delusional drivel - it has entertainment value

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

the lunatics really have taken over the asylum now

i did not actually insult anyone

This
edit on 16-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Never mind

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You should go into the Pets or Television subforums and bitch about how this place is turning into Facebook because of people posting how much they like kittehs and Walking Dead.

The horror... the horror...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You should go into the Pets or Television subforums and bitch about how this place is turning into Facebook because of people posting how much they like kittehs and Walking Dead.

The horror... the horror...

And don't forget the Pink Gerbils please.

Thank you

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i has now seen it all

fooking " aniversary " threads to " celebrate " how long certain people have been on ATS

i do mean to be rude - but WHY ???

this is the sort of crap that farcebook comes out with

which has a strange irony - in light of the number of posts // threads that denounce facebook and all it does

this is a new phenonemon - that can go take a long jump of a short bridge

really - aniversary threads - get a grip people

You don't think that was insulting? Not even a little bit?

You said, "i do mean to be rude - but WHY???"....Umm, I answered that for you. (as did others)
Which part didn't you understand?

Now I see from your latest reply, that we are "lunatics" writing "delusional drivel".
Well hmph!

If not insulting, you are at the very least mocking us. Here's a nice informative read about why people mock others.
5 reasons those who mock....
(Full title: 5 reasons those who mock and humiliate you are mentally unstable)

Pot calling the kettle black, eh?
jacy

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Happy 12 and a half-ish anniversary mate!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I popped into ATS one day and there was a birthday thread for me and I was blown away.
It made me feel great and appreciated for being a member as long as I have.
It was one of the many "feel good" moments I have had on this website and honestly,
those are great moments.

Don't ever stop making these kinds of threads, because those of us who are thought of appreciate knowing friends care and pay attention.
On a website that is mostly gloom and doom or crazy theories and posts,
warm friendly threads letting a person know they are valued
is and awesome thing.

That is all, carry on.
c(_) *sip*

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

get a grip people

take your own advice

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Hmmm....? Mine just passed at the beginning of the month and no one made a thread about it. Perhaps its just people's friends being excited they've been here awhile. Why do you have to rain on their parade?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Somebody is totally going to make you an anniversary thread come June, now that you went all apes# over the concept.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Hmmm....? Mine just passed at the beginning of the month and no one made a thread about it.

We did, you just got so baked you forgot.

edit on 16-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Somebody is totally going to make you an anniversary thread come June, now that you went all apes# over the concept.

A certain SOB and an evil elf have already discussed this behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Touche!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join