It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS " aniversaries " just WTF ?????????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'd rather see an anniversary thread than just another Trump thread , at least an anniversary thread is positive.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Keep up the good work NS .

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Keep up the good work NS .

I plan on it and thank you!

It's wayyyyy past my bedtime.

I hope that the OP has a different perspective now and those who agreed with him. If not, that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Goodnight all!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Due to the amount of spelling errors and sticks in the rabbit hole I am going to presume that you have not recieved one. And if you are so upset by them it is overwhemingly easy to just scroll a little bit down that page and ignore them. I actually get a good a days work out 💪 by doing so. Good luck and happy scrolling.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

You're cool mate.

Always watching after you,

kind regards,

bally

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

This is not Facebook.

For one thing, it is much smaller. Another thing that differentiates the nonsense that is Facebook, from the sort of celebratory effort made here, is that celebrations of users arrivals here, are instigated not by some sort of algorithm, a program which tracks your usage time, but by members who have developed connections with the person around whom the celebration revolves.

There is a marked difference.

The celebration of a milestone amongst members, instigated by members, is notable because it displays the camaraderie that comes of being united in some effort or other, whether that effort is the denial of ignorance, or the maintenance of a friendship amongst members, or in this instance, both. Because this environment is smaller than Facebook, the connections between members of this site are often far deeper than ones Facebook friend list, or other social contacts. There are many people who have Facebook friends they barely talk to, that they follow but do not remember the names of, leave alone their join date, which is why Facebook does these things automatically, rendering the entire thing somewhat... cold, impersonal, nonsensical.

When someone sees fit to celebrate a persons becoming a member of this site, it actually means something, both to the instigator, and to the individual whose "ATSiversary" is being celebrated. This is a function of friendship. It is a function of connection. Not only that, but it is a reason to back out of debate for a moment, and consider the good things about the human condition, rather than solely being concerned with its sickness and deviancy, as we often are around here.

Its legit if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Wow...
The celebrating of an ATS anniversary is not something new and has in fact been going on as long as I have been here along with many other milestones and it was almost always posted by other members in recognition and appreciation of one another. ATS IS FAMILY. We may be the most disgruntled, discontented , and dysfunctional family at times...but the longer a member stays a part of us that just shows dedication imho. Some of us are cousins twice removed, but come back to the fold all the better for it.
I myself have a big milestone coming up next month and to be sure I'm gonna party like it's 1999...because all these years no matter what has happened offline, I can come HOME online.
Take that however you wish.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Do you have a birthday coming up?

Nope... I was created in a lab...

Buwhahahahaha...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I will explain this to you, because I too have started celebratory threads for other members. (In fact, like Night Star I have received u2u's from members asking me to write one for another member.)

Some of us have no people in our real lives, no family or support system of friends.
Some of us are dealing with significant issues...illness, injury, pain, loss of loved ones, poverty, etc.

A lot of us have become friends here, and for some of us...it's the only love/support we get. Sometimes the only "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Valentine's Day" wishes I get are from my friends here.
(facebook is for bragging and showing off. Celebration threads here are to give love/support to somebody else.)

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Night Star has a lot of friends because she truly IS a friend. I for one am grateful.

Here is a *hug* because you sound like you need one.
jacy

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I wasn't sure how to say any of that (you read my thoughts) and you did it so well.
FB told my 'friends' and 'family' it was my birthday. LOL, that's rich!

Of course, my daughters remembered and my close co workers (Each HR dept receives an email notification at the first of the month for all bdays).

Anyway, point is, I imagine that she'll show up at some point and I want her to know that not everyone agrees. The OP is certainly entitled to their opinion but, I disagree. There is so much anger and hate and lack of compassion/empathy here sometimes that it can be a breath of fresh air to have someone start a thread and show some love.

The most recent anniversary was started for a member who had hit quite a rough patch recently (and was very vocal on ATS about his woes) and I hope the thread brightened his day and she is such a warm, supportive and non confrontational person that I wanted her to know that she is appreciated.

((hugs))

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow! Thanks to those who know and understand me and my appreciation and love for my ATS family. It means a lot to me! HUGS!

Now I can splain Lucy...

I love making Anniversary and Birthday threads for people. If I am alerted by other members or notice on my own. To me, the people here are real people and very much like an extended family. It brings them joy and that brings me joy. It's that simple really.

We love you Night Star, and we appreciate all of the love you give. Don't ever stop.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Happy Wednesday cranky pants.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
All the threads complaining about what threads are being made are highly annoying. There are around 100 different forums here. You can choose which ones to click on or participate in.

Keep up the love Night Star!
edit on 15-2-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
My one year just passed and I didn't get so much as a cheap emoji.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The only thing worse than all the negative threads here..about Trump or otherwise... is a negative thread complaining about a member who is the most positive of all of us.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

If I make a thread complaining about a thread complaining about another thread what actually happens to the internet?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It doesn't bother me if someone gets an anniversary thread cause ATS is like a family to me and others, ive never had one but i only joined about a year ago, other than my comments etc i probably don't deserve one, think others do for long term ATS membership or one for helping people/sharing info etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
My one year just passed and I didn't get so much as a cheap emoji.

You're in luck, I'm on a Tablet at the moment:

🐁 🐐 🌹 🎂

Happy ATS Anniversary.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

You've been registered with ATS for 4,624 days!

Congrats and happy 4,264 day anniversary!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
It doesn't bother me if someone gets an anniversary thread cause ATS is like a family to me and others, ive never had one but i only joined about a year ago, other than my comments etc i probably don't deserve one, think others do for long term ATS membership or one for helping people/sharing info etc.

Hi DarkvsLight29,

It's not about "deserving a thread" hun, it's about the friendships that have evolved through membership and time. I have groups of friends that I've met by participating in lengthy threads on various topics.
Once I started responding to more in the "off-topic" forums (like Chit-Chat)...I met people that I now consider "family".

Sometimes you need to make the first move, extend your hand in friendship or post replies in threads where you like the members involved. There are places where you will be welcomed and you can message me for links.
jacy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join