It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to charge for service(s)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

The goal is to get her home with the baby more often. Taking on another job would be detrimental to the goal. However this is something she could do within her own time constraints. That's my logic on it anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Some ideas...

- Dog walking for some neighbors. Let word of mouth spread, expand area, hire help if needed.

- Watch a couple other kids at home for an hourly cost (just make sure you know your local laws on when you become a "daycare" instead of just a babysitter).

- Pick up dog crap at neighbors houses. Not kidding. Lots of dog owners are willing to pay $20 or $30 every week to have someone come out and do a job most people don't like doing. You can also tell landscaping services about your business and they can spread the word for you to clients that aren't cleaning up before landscaping jobs.

- Maid services.

- There are lots of cold calling sales jobs where you can work from home. Some of them allow you to set your own hours and work on commission only, so you work as much or as little as you want.

- Build a website, blog, or video blog that generates an income. Yes, this can really be done, but it takes much more time and effort than most people anticipate.

- Set up a "gig" at Fiverr.

- Create a course to sell on Udemy.

- Write e-books to sell on Amazon.

- Freelance writing (use sites like Freelancer, Upwork, Constant Content, etc.).

- Buy things at garage sales for cheap and resell them on eBay, Craigslist, the new Facebook version of Craigslist, etc.

- Uber / Lyft.

- Start making cookies, donuts, or other products and package them for local gas stations to sell as "locally made" products.

- Sell drugs, preferably marijuana as there is high demand, decent profit margins, and the penalties for getting caught are relatively low.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Ok ok ok!

I was trying to keep it shoosh! Shopper. Find the deals and coupons, shop the stores and deliver.

That's not how you do that. She won't get to pick what people order. If you want to set up that kind of business without capital or help you will have to start very very limited. If it's just her, find ONE location that doesn't offer delivery service and offer to deliver product for a small percentage. Average $ spent per delivery will determine that percentage. Higher the amount spent, less the percent. Keep in mind, it will also take a lot of advertising, which is pretty expensive for effective advertising, for something like that to work.

A one person delivery service is really not viable if you have 5 orders at once.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

The goal is to get her home with the baby more often. Taking on another job would be detrimental to the goal. However this is something she could do within her own time constraints. That's my logic on it anyway.

Garage sales and ebay. There is a decent side income in that if she's a stay at home mom.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
If I ran a delivery and shopping service, I would have a preset delivery fee that covers a certain range like 10 miles.

Quick Goog maps search of route will give you immediate distance, so you could bill for overage per mile, then address oddball stuff per case, to cover expenses. Especially if you have some competition.

An extra $10 bucks per transaction would add up fast, and allow you to advertise a low price.

I'd try the "How much is it worth for you not to go shopping angle?"

-I would pay 40 or 50 bucks, I loath shopping.

Another good target for clients would be by contacting assisted living homes and direct mail marketing targeting the above 55 communities.
I wouldn't generally target the old folks, but a lot of them actually need the assistance.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Something important to keep in mind...and I don't know how your state works, but in Texas i do. And it tends to e fairly similar state to state.

Sales and Use Tax. Even if you don't have a license to collect sales tax, you should still keep your records in order and do monthly filings for use tax. This will keep you from feeling the burn of a state sales tax audit, which can then turn into an IRS audit if you haven't been paying in your Sales and Use tax.

Table de France is a good example. THey sold tables for events and banquet functions (im a customer of theirs). THey liked to claim that they were selling tax included. But they weren't filing S/U on it, claiming the wording in the sales contract put the cost on the consumer. Texas agreed and issued a Use Tax bill to the Table de France customers, recovering unpaid Sales and Use Tax on all the tables that were bought over the prior 7 year audit period.

ETA: if you buy things online and are not paying sales tax, you could be subject to future tax recovery billings from your state government. While on a personal level it isn't much, on a business level, getting an unexpected $10k S/U tax bill can be devastating to mom and pop.
edit on 2/15/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Just since you're in Michigan... Kroger and some Walmarts have home delivery... and grocery preorder ready when you get there at Walmart groceries as well.

There's another one that using your list and their app, they search your local area weekly sales so you know where it's the cheapest.

MS
Southeastern Michigan

<< 1   >>

join