It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby left inside locked car at Texas movie theater, parents not arrested due to culture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What a missed opportunity for a teachable moment. Give the Saudi Arabian American the real authentic American police experience; the kind a "regular American" would get! Bring 'em into the fold! Big fine, court appearance, visit from CPS. I bet the guy will think about doing it again next time, because he got the "well, I'm letting you off with a warning...this time!"

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Dude they are not allowed to enfranchise other citizen's to a western establishment... whether or not a little blood sack has turned into a raisin.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFatefulDay

"What a missed opportunity for a teachable moment. Give the Saudi Arabian American the real authentic American police experience"
The american experience; slavery is legal but we're going to go to war to show you that all of us are equal!!@!!!!!
That's a real nice meme of sponge bob, but I honestly cannot imagine you jumping over a trench quicker than me, maybe because you keep on alluding to bringing him into the fold or maybe because of this guy who lives ina pineapple under the sea...

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia is the head of the Human Rights council.

Leading by example.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Listen if you think stating your skin color is the equivalent as your culture then you are right. But you're right for all of the wrong reasons and you have completely missed what hard work means... You've completely forgotten your black ancestors hunted animals too far and that when the cold set in they had to make terrible choices... I'm not a scientist so I'll only judge you on the interweb, you #.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I blame the incompetent police, I don't understand why they would let this one slide. But hey I also blame the idiotic parents and their idiotic culture. What a flipping joke.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This is nuts. I think I found my new excuse for everything now. "yes officer, I know I did something illegal, but in my culture it's quite normal"

It's almost like some sort of privilege is involved here.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So what is good for the goose is "not" good
for the gander?
I would like to see anybody else get away with that.
Nothing like Saudi lobby money and the ensuing
diplomatic immunity to slide its way in.

Like the "Bridge of Spies" movie stated.
The one thing in The United States of America
that makes us ALL equal, is the rules.
Lets make that statement ring true again
for all of us.

Saavy?

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I didn't know it was wrong to drink all my bourbon at a bus stop and steal the other guys bus pass..

please let me off your honour..

What a friggen joke. regardless of where you are from, if you break laws, you break them. so screw your inability to determine right from wrong, if you are that inept that the concept of how things are is so backassward that you need to claim that, you get to pay the price anyway. It learns you...

god almighty, and this is how things are becoming.

I dare any of you lefty dim wits to justify this. I dare you...

edit on 15-2-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Simply means it sets a legal precedent future defendants can quote in court to strengthen their own cases where they have been charged.

It is by definition its race discrimination which as I understand it, is illegal in the US. Its also discrimination on the basis of ethnicity and religious conviction.

Such defendants can also cite the international Covenant on Human rights which the US signed.

Already it would seem they have a strong case for their case to be dismissed.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Wot an idiot.
Guy should be hung.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Why is anyone shocked or surprised?

They're from Saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia gets a free pass on everything from the U.S. (up to, and including 9/11).

Hell, even Trump gave Saudi Arabia a free pass in his recent attempts to ban immigration from terrorist states.
edit on 2/15/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Brown privilege.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archonic
Wot an idiot.
Guy should be hung.

Ah yes, how realistic our culture is though. Lets hang them because baby got a sunburn. We should really just start killing everyone that offends Republicans for real. Hang people for abortions, etc. Then when all these children grow up without parents we can jail and hang them. It's honestly impressive how offended the Right gets when they do get frenzied. These same 'shocked' people probably leave their dog in the car. And Republicans probably most often leave their children in the car. The idea the little snot can fend for himself for an hour isn't liberal...So who exactly are you guys crying about this? My mom left me in the car before. Once for a whole hour!!!!

Also, for the record we all agree here the normal 'American treatment' is the full shaft of the law at all times?

Great. It will be nice to not hear you complain about excessive police and sentencing in the future of our new prison planet/country.
edit on 15-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Next it will be rape that's culturally acceptable, then pedophilia, then honor killings.

Not the America I grew up in.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

This is a good example as to why it's not a good idea to force foreign cultures into societies with a whole different set of laws etc to exist in western society. It's common sense to suggest the notion of not encouraging other "cultures" mix with western ones if they refuse to assimilate. By "assimilate" I mean abide by the laws of the country they immigrate to.

Western culture does not jive with everyone on planet Earth.

"Multiculturalism" is not a good as it may seem to the bleeding heart libs. We've been witnessing the decline of Europe as a result of such thinking.
edit on 15-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

Wot an idiot.
Guy should be hung.

Ah yes, how realistic our culture is though. Lets hang them because baby got a sunburn. We should really just start killing everyone that offends Republicans for real. Hang people for abortions, etc. Then when all these children grow up without parents we can jail and hang them.

Also, for the record we all agree here the normal 'American treatment' is the full shaft of the law at all times?

Great. It will be nice to not hear you complain about excessive police and sentencing in the future of our new prison planet/country.

Not sure if You have ever been to Texas but it gets hot.. And leaving a 4 year old unattended much less in a hot car in TEXAS for a couple hours should get you thrown in jail.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah
Next it will be rape that's culturally acceptable, then pedophilia, then honor killings.

Not the America I grew up in.

Well, that's the rub. But the leftist SJW agenda just doesn't seem to give a crap about logic.

edit on 15-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
So by this same logic I should be allowed to bring my cultural norms to Saudi Arabia, right?

I'm from the West Coast of Canada; drinking and marijuana are acceptable here. If I go to a park in Saudi Arabia and decide to relax with a beer and a few bong tugs they can't arrest me; it's part of my culture.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

originally posted by: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

Wot an idiot.
Guy should be hung.

Ah yes, how realistic our culture is though. Lets hang them because baby got a sunburn. We should really just start killing everyone that offends Republicans for real. Hang people for abortions, etc. Then when all these children grow up without parents we can jail and hang them.

Not sure if You have ever been to Texas but it gets hot.. And leaving a 4 year old unattended much less in a hot car in TEXAS for a couple hours should get you thrown in jail.

I don't disagree that is wrong, but the topic is race-bait. You shouldn't be offended they got away, that's literally racist. You should be offended at the system if you disagree. Bad parents are everywhere, it's racist to connect this to culture, each race has their version of silver spoons, and this unfortunate baby rolled loser parents. You can attack their culture with this premise and not acknowledge attributing this idea to 'culture' in the first place is nearly stupid. It's like saying Black people park in the closest parking spots. Completely arbitrary generalization to the specific situation.

Also just curious, not that I think jail is wrong, I understand it's function, but do you really think jail reconditions anyone? Especially to be parents? And do you really think the future of the child isn't compromised throwing the parent in jail over a crime the parent committed to the child? It's like that particular idea never crosses peoples mind in the Right arguments over 'correct parenting'. Astounding conclusion, child has better life with no parents. How could I have missed that!

edit on 15-2-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join