It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby left inside locked car at Texas movie theater, parents not arrested due to culture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
How nice of law enforcement to let the parents who left their baby locked in the car while they went to watch a movie go. I do like the fact that they warned if a normal American did this that they would be arrested.

kutv.com...

Police were called to the parking lot around 11 p.m. on Feb. 11. The couple was found inside the theater with their 4-year-old child inside.
"It is a violation of law to leave a child unattended in a vehicle," Corpus Christi police told KIII-TV 3News. "There were no arrests made last night."
The reason? It was something police weren't expecting to hear.

"What they found out is that the family is from Saudi Arabia and they said that this is culturally acceptable for them -- it's normal."

Authorities aren't sure how long the family has been living in the United States, but decided to show "cultural sensitivity" and let the family go this time.

"If it was someone who grew up in the United States, of course the outcome may be very different," a spokesman for the Corpus Christi Police Department said.

+51 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Bad move on the PDs part. Ignorance of the law doesn't excuse anyone from punishment... further I don't think it's a cultural thing at all, it's hot in Saudi Arabia ffs.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Boy, there is a new breed of dumb and gullible out there.

+56 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In Saudi Arabia the mother would have been in the car as well .

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Funny how they pick and choose which cultures to be sensitive to. My bro got popped in Texas with a tiny amount of legal (in our state) medication. Sent him to jail and fined him 2 grand. Texas sux.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
In Saudi Arabia the mother would have been in the car as well .

When did they start letting women ride in cars?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

That's total BullSh.t

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If you leave your home and go live in a different country, then you should have to live by its rules, where is the line drawn on culture issues and the law? What if the kid had died, would they still have been let off? You can't live in one country and follow the laws of another.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That answer doesn't even computer.

Seriously.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Child neglect is a cultural thing now? Well, damn. I guess we'll just let 'em get away with murder next--gotta respect the culture and all.

The world has changed so much in my short, adult life. I am fearful of the future based on the trend of stupidity that runs unchecked.

edit on 14-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I can see this thread is going to blame the ethnicity of the parents instead of the ineptitude of the police who let criminals go scott free.

Is ats going to be outraged because the police didnt do their job, or the fact that the 'culture ' of the parents were of the Muslim persuasion and they got away with their crime... hmm.. i already know by the comments.

Eta: I have a feeling this is a cleverly worded story and the PD will have an official statement.
edit on 14-2-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

What can be said other than 2 wrongs made a stupid.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Yeah, but did they prove intent?

But seriously. That's absolutely sickening. I never leave my daughter more than 3 feet away when I take her out and about. Knowing that there's really bad, sick minded people out there, I don't know what I'd do if my daughter was ever taken from me during my watch. And these people leave their child for at least 90 minutes alone in a vulnerable place, and no punishment given???

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This new excuse "it's our culture" is the equivalent of the "it's because I'm black" line... A get out of jail free card..
Well if it's their culture, and they want to follow it, let's give the woman 50 lashes and Stone her to death for not looking after her children properly..

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
I can see this thread is going to blame the ethnicity of the parents instead of the ineptitude of the police who let criminals go scott free.

Is ats going to be outraged because the police didnt do their job, or the fact that the 'culture ' of the parents were of the Muslim persuasion and they got away with their crime... hmm.. i already know by the comments.

Eta: I have a feeling this is a cleverly worded story and the PD will have an official statement.

Of course you would. Trying to have discussion here and you find a way to make the wrong doers, the victims. My God, your world must be sad.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think what is happening is a left right crisis of the whole first world third world paradigm;
The right has always distanced itself from third world ideology's such as basic stuff like men are worth more than women, differences are worth fighting about; and that people are above all else equal without them even knowing about it.
Whereas the Left has always been upfront about women are worth more than men, differences are worthy of an inclusive society, and that even if you think you're equal you're not.
It's crazy the right is right and the left is all that is left.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
And if the child died would they still go free? You know cultural sensitivity and all that.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BeneGesseritWitch

Men are worth more than women in any sort of ideological setting and for modern day proof ye have only to look at the whole fiasco of Asian birth selection from the 90's and more disturbingly (as a man who is clearly going to have less baby mamas to deal with) the modern trend of ultrasonic birth/abortion of women children. We have statistics that women live longer than men and that women are born at a natural rate faster than men but you don't even begin to understand why. and that is the worst kind of sexism, the deliberate misinformation of population.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Mussang me and you having a civil conversation is about at the same level of me and you having the same little lighting nig bolt symbols; disproportional and an early advance.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

No woman no drive..it's ok if they ride in the back seat and be quiet.
Seriously though..what in the f!@# is wrong with those cops??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join