It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Daniels: It’s Only a Matter of Time Before There Is Blood on the Streets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Double post, see below. My edit somehow ended up as a whole new post.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TheRedneck

With respect, no.

Stirring the pot of hatred is the sort of thing that you do when you vote for a person who selects only the most abominable, hateful, phobic individuals available, to be a part of their cabinet. Stirring the pot of hatred, is what Jeff Sessions did by beginning the wind back of the rights of people, simply because he does not agree with who they are, how they are, or that they ought to be allowed to live the way they do, because he refuses to recognise their rights as being equal to those of others. Stirring the pot of hatred, is what you do when you not only know that this IS happening, and is just the beginning of a slippery slope, but you refuse to stand against it. Stirring the pot of hatred is what you do, when you would rather believe the word of a man who lies over seventy percent of the time, when he tells you lies about minorities and about foreign affairs, than be intellectually honest enough to know that he is a joke, and that his word and that of his cabinet are not worth turd.

If YOU do not stand for hatred, then stand against it and stand against your hatemonger president.

Oh, and one more thing...

Do not DARE to try to deflect onto me. If you really have a problem with baseless, despicable, deplorable, bigoted, hateful speech, then you would not have elected Donald J Trump, or be supporting his litany of bad actions and worse choices for his cabinet.

Ouch. That post just lost you a lot of respect points. Not that I care for the books you post on here anyway, but damn. You really proved what the actual problem is to the poster you responded to, (and a very respected long standing member of the ATS community no doubt) and it's basically people who think like you do.

"One opinion, one world, one society. Screw everyone else, they're racists, etc etc etc etc." Forget free speech, they are "hateful" because they don't share your set of ideals. Sick. And people wonder why there is a huge resistance against "globalism".

edit on 16-2-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I talked with Toy one night when he called looking for my roommate. lol. Around 77'

I ran into Toy and Tommy several times long long ago, also Charlie, and Charlie's kid Jr over the years, have been to Twin Pines at one point or another.

I have tried to come across a recording of Charlie and Toy doing No Place To Go, it's probably the best bit of picking I've ever heard in terms of technical excellence. Both of them going 90 to nothing, and doing it absolutely perfectly in terms of attack and expression, and you'd think they had never played together before. For some reason, that recording is impossible to find. They did it as part of a big jamboree sort of thing. I saw the thing on a now defunct TV station one night, and it was a jaw dropper. I recall the old lady asking why my jaw had dropped and I was transfixed watching it, and I answered that I had met and screwed around with them both at some point, that I had never seen them perform together, and that it was near musical perfection technically, and that I had never thought they had it in them to do that.

eta: I have this odd behavior where I often try to meet the people I like face to face at some point. A lot of people seem to be afraid to do this, but I find that you can often contrive to do it if you really want to, and so I've ended up meeting people from John Milius to Scotty Bigelow to Amanda Tapping to you name it over the years. A lot of moderately famous people would be happy to have dinner with you if you're not a total nutjob.

The next most interesting man in the world, they need a replacement for them commercials anyways.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I do not hate the people who permitted this nonsense, but you would be damned right if you said that they frustrate the living hell out of me, because for no ACTUAL reason, people who voted for this nonsense, rather than standing against what they must surely recognise as a collapse of a nation, not a reconstruction of it, are happily bobbing right along to the corrupt tune being played by their elected reprobates, despite the fact that many of them complained bitterly when they saw dirt on the other team.

I mean if you want to talk about bias, then perhaps you need to look at the constitution, and ask yourself why you are not just as disgusted by the current administration as others are, because it is only YOUR bias that prevents you from seeing the wood for the trees here.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I think you are under a false impression, so let me rectify it.

Nothing has changed with me, nothing is new with me. I am doing now, what I have always done, which is call out the dirt when I see it. I am not, never have been, here to win friends and influence people, score society points, or gain popularity. This is not Facebook. The only reason people are reacting differently to the things I say now, than they have before, is because they are disingenuous. People were perfectly prepared to get behind me when I called out the Obama administration for its many, many errors, people from all sides of the political spectrum. The fact that there is deafening silence from the right, about the problem with Donald Trump and his collection of savages and barbarians that he calls a cabinet, suggests that unlike the many left wing individuals who are prepared to accept when their preferred leader is wrong, the right have a massive incapacity to acknowledge the con job that has been done on them, and despite being pushed ever closer to the furnace hatch, refuse to jump out of the box they have been placed in, out of bloody mindedness more than anything else.

edit on 16-2-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removed

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I do not hate the people who permitted this nonsense, but you would be damned right if you said that they frustrate the living hell out of me, because for no ACTUAL reason, people who voted for this nonsense, rather than standing against what they must surely recognise as a collapse of a nation, not a reconstruction of it, are happily bobbing right along to the corrupt tune being played by their elected reprobates, despite the fact that many of them complained bitterly when they saw dirt on the other team.

That sounds an awful lot like hate to me. All because of a vote. I shudder to think how you would react to an actual threat to your way of life, an actual action that directly affected you. If your post is not hate, may the world never see your version of hate.

But I maintain it is hate... pure, simple, unadulterated hatred and intolerance.

Do you hate the Russians who put Vladimir Putin in power? The North Koreans who live under Kim Jong Un? The Syrians under Assad? If you do, I haven't heard it. Maybe that's because of the constant roar over Trump drowning it out, but I doubt it.

I sleep well at night. I know what I stand for and my conscience is clear. I harbor ill will toward no one who has not directly attacked me. Even towards you; I pray someday you will see through the anger that blinds you, before it leads you somewhere from which you cannot escape.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Much ado about nothing I haven't seen one protestor on the streets in support of Trump,the constitution or the republic or against George Soros yet there have been such protests in Hungary,Romania,Great Britain,Germany,France,Brazil and other countries.The civil war stuff is just keyboard warrior stuff the USA is going out with a whimper not a bang.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You are welcome to believe whatever you like. Your beliefs however, do not change reality. I do not hate people who disagree with me. I do however have a responsibility to the future of the human race, to prevent anyone who threatens that future from being allowed to do so. As do you. I may be very angry with you, people who voted like you did, and by so doing allowed a threat to the future of humanity (which is NOT a segregated, pigeon holed, walled off fascism, which is precisely what you voted for, whether you agree with the fact or not), but anger and hate are not the same thing.

I am angry with you not because you should have known better, but because you DO know better. I am angry with you and people who voted the way you did, because it makes a nonsense of your alleged beliefs about liberty and freedom, to elect a person to office who has every intention of destroying those concepts, and every laudable element of the United States as a society, I am angry with you sir, because your vote runs counter to your stated beliefs, so either your stated beliefs are false, or your vote was in error, a fact which you cannot accept despite the obviousness of it.

That is not hate. It is frustration. If I thought ill of you, if I hated you, I would laugh as you flush your nation down the toilet. As it happens, I have great admiration for your country, for its people, and for you, or at least the version of yourself that I saw over the last eight years. But you are not the same, your intentions do not match your vote, and your country will suffer, and if being frustrated and angry about that comes across as hate to you, it is little wonder that you and those who voted with you, were so easily duped into cutting your own throats.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Nothing like a glass of ale to ease a man's frustrations ay mate?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Archonic

Ale? Yes, it has some small effect in that regard.

This is a double rum and cola issue though. More potent.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

That sounds like something I could use right now.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

That is not hate. It is frustration.

Frustration at what? That you don't agree with our choice? That you don't like the man we elected?

You are using a difference of opinion to justify hatred, whether you want to call it frustration or not. Personally, I made a choice based on who I felt would benefit me personally, my community, my state, and my nation. You disagree. My choice won. Now we get to see the results. Maybe I was right; maybe you were right. Time will tell.

I am willing to wait and see the results. You are not. You want the country to fail, just because your champion lost. You are cheerleadering the efforts others are making to try and ensure failure, and in the process are insulting and degrading millions of Americans. And to make it worse, you are justifying your obvious intolerance with perceived intolerance that hasn't even happened yet.

And you can't even see it, when multiple people have pointed it out clearly. Yeah, there's a civil war brewing... Ol' Charlie is right.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Ah, and you see, this is why you fail.

You suggest that I am upset because my champion did not win. That is because you have been programmed to believe that all detractors from your position must have some connection to the person who ran against Mr Trump, or some admiration for them at the least. Let me tell you something, there were TWO criminally insane, megalomaniacal, narcissistic, tyrants in waiting in that last election, and the fact that anyone in America was prepared to compromise even slightly by picking EITHER turd, is a bigger source of frustration, than the fact that Trump managed to win. Clinton and Trump were BOTH unelectable, detestable, morally retarded, intellectually incapable, and above all corporate influenced pieces of turd, neither worthy to lick the boots of statesmen and women, leave alone play at being them.

And despite the fact that neither candidate made a good case, Trumps being based on lies, and Clinton's on the idea that you should be able to peddle right wing ideas as left wing ones, and get away with it (like she has her whole career, especially when it comes to war), idiots everywhere flocked to vote for them. If people REALLY wanted an upheaval, they could have voted for one of the potheads, Jill Stein or Garry Johnson. But nope. Instead people flocked to vote either for the most savagely incompetent billionaire that has ever walked the world, or the least left wing Democrat in recent history.

Its a bloody farce, you know it is.

And for what it is worth, I do not want your country to fail. I want it to succeed. As I said before, if I did not care what happens to America, I would be sat at the back of all this, chuckling to myself about the sheer comedy of the situation, rather than having any actual passion for the discussion, or emotional investment in its outcomes.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Ah, and you see, this is why you fail.

He doesn't fail at anything, and that is why you fail. No point in reading the rest of your post, IMO. Many will, but I won't. You're irrelevant here now.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

A truly relevant post, timely, eloquent and accurate.

Bravo for continuing to speak truth.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You suggest that I am upset because my champion did not win.

No, you did. Several times. I only responded to your words.

TheRedneck

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join